Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Utah Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any Tesla owners here in Moab? I just got a 2015 Model S and LOVE IT!
However it won't charge with my wall adapter at my house. Don't know if the problem is in the house (electricity reads fine on my meter, but I've read that noise on the line can keep it from charging), in my cord, or in my car. Car and cord were working in SLC where I purchased the car, but I've had a software update since then and ???.
I'd love to either have someone try to charge their car at my place or let me plug my cord in for a few minutes where they know theirs works as a troubleshooting tool? Green light comes on and stays on on the mobile charge cord. No red error lights. No charging. Car says to check the source. TIA!!

Any Tesla owners here in Moab? I just got a 2015 Model S and LOVE IT!
However it won't charge with my wall adapter at my house. Don't know if the problem is in the house (electricity reads fine on my meter, but I've read that noise on the line can keep it from charging), in my cord, or in my car. Car and cord were working in SLC where I purchased the car, but I've had a software update since then and ???.
I'd love to either have someone try to charge their car at my place or let me plug my cord in for a few minutes where they know theirs works as a troubleshooting tool? Green light comes on and stays on on the mobile charge cord. No red error lights. No charging. Car says to check the source. TIA!!
Assuming you have all the adapters, you can try plugging it into any old 110V outlet. They shouldn't be hard to find! As for L2 charging, you should be able to find something in Moab on Plugshare. And of course there is a supercharger down at the Best Western Plus if you are desperate for a charge. Just try to be considerate and not use it at busy times if possible. There are only 4 stalls and it's annoying when locals block road trippers from using superchargers.

Never been to Moab. If you don't get it figured out, I may be able to make a day out of it and come down for a scenic drive.

You also might have better luck asking on the Utah Tesla Club Facebook group. I think there are a few other members from your area.

Assuming you have all the adapters, you can try plugging it into any old 110V outlet. They shouldn't be hard to find! As for L2 charging, you should be able to find something in Moab on Plugshare. And of course there is a supercharger down at the Best Western Plus if you are desperate for a charge. Just try to be considerate and not use it at busy times if possible. There are only 4 stalls and it's annoying when locals block road trippers from using superchargers.

I charge at the BW supercharger all the time. So far never seen it packed.
I'll always vacate for a while if needed. I've been a road tripper.
Yeah, neither the 110 or the 220 adapters are working so I'm a bit concerned. I'll try an L2 charger before I go visit the SC.
Thx!

I charge at the BW supercharger all the time. So far never seen it packed.
I'll always vacate for a while if needed. I've been a road tripper.
Yeah, neither the 110 or the 220 adapters are working so I'm a bit concerned. I'll try an L2 charger before I go visit the SC.
Thx!
Thx for the Plugshare tip. I took the car down to the L2 at Rocky Mountain Power and the car charges perfectly on AC. Whew!

Thx for the Plugshare tip. I took the car down to the L2 at Rocky Mountain Power and the car charges perfectly on AC. Whew!
That sounds like a bad Mobile Connector. I had one fail on a road trip a couple of years ago and got it replaced by the nearest Service Center under warranty, after they did some tests to rule out everything else. As I recall, the symptoms were much as you describe.

I would guess that you need a new MC.

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV
Hey. This thread has been down this road a few times but looking for some updated information.

Looking to get paint protection film put on my X. Whole car. In the past for a few things similar to this I've used Luxe autospa, and while pretty damn expensive, I've always felt I got what I paid for from them in terms of quality of work and warranty. Luxe can obviously do the PPF for my X, but was wondering any other place that anyone could recommend, as Luxe is pretty expensive.

Suggestions? Looking for someone with experience putting PPF on a whole X, uses a quality product, and will cover the warranty on said product/installation should it start to peel. Looking to get this installed before winter rears its head in Utah.

Hey. This thread has been down this road a few times but looking for some updated information.

Looking to get paint protection film put on my X. Whole car. In the past for a few things similar to this I've used Luxe autospa, and while pretty damn expensive, I've always felt I got what I paid for from them in terms of quality of work and warranty. Luxe can obviously do the PPF for my X, but was wondering any other place that anyone could recommend, as Luxe is pretty expensive.

Suggestions? Looking for someone with experience putting PPF on a whole X, uses a quality product, and will cover the warranty on said product/installation should it start to peel. Looking to get this installed before winter rears its head in Utah.

Back in 2013 I used Pro Tint in West Valley. They wrapped the front half of my first Model S. My second Model S I had wrapped down in Vegas.

Looks like this has been dead for a while but I have some questions for anyone in the SLC area. I'm getting a M3 soon. Wondering what tyres come on the model 3 performance? I want to order a second set for Winter unless they come stock with some but I'm guessing all seasons are stock? Also looking to get PPF and tint. I did read previous posts but they are kind of old now. Luxe quoted me $8800 for xpel stealth and ceramic tint, there is not a chance I will be paying that. Clear bra offered suntek ( they don't carry xpel) stealth ppf, tint and ceramic coating for $6500 but when I was about to hang up they told me if I did it all they maybe could do a 15% to 20% off. Any words of advice for me?