Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Utah Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recommendation for best detailing in the SLC or Wasatch Back area? Spent some time ripping around the desert, and now there is little bits of dust in all the nooks and crannies that are a huge pain to get out.

Used to use Luxe but they no longer do detailing. Prefer a proper shop, not fly by night mobile.

Last edited:
I ended up using Signature Detail in downtown SLC and they did a pretty good job, although the car is dripping in that armor all type stuff. It's been a few days and that's subsided so now it's just clean. They got most of the nooks and crannies. Cheaper than the now defunct Luxe, but not the same quality as Luxe used to offer. (Defunct as in Luxe no longer offers detailing, not that Luxe closed).

Also, on a completely unrelated note, Tesla opened up the supercharger voting site. Let's show Utah some love and get our votes cast for the sites here in state!

Reactions: KJD
I need to have two winter tires shaved. I’m each case I have three mid wear and a road hazard replacement that should really be shaved down to match. Anyone know a local shop that will shave tires? Purcell can’t have been the last. I understand why tire salesmen want you to buy all new tires. I just don’t feel like throwing away eight good tires.

On my way home from Seattle yesterday, I stoped by the Tremonton supercharger and it looks like there is an expansion in progress. My best guess is it will have 4 new stalls shortly.
Did you happen to get any pictures?

Here's the thread for that supercharger:

Please post any updates there.

Ran defrost before getting in my car yesterday with the outside temperature at 30 F. Hopped in and ran the wipers to clear the inch of powdery snow. Instant spiderweb explosion on the outer glass layer. Anyone have this happen before? On their Tesla or any other car? I didn’t even know that was possible.

I wonder if there was a tiny impact that spread with the rapid heat change? Sucks that it happened though.
I don’t think so. There were some tiny chips high on the other side but I had them all filled.

120k miles and 5 years old, it was a tiny bit hazy and pitted, so the fact that my insurance company will give me a new one: Happy Holidays to me.

Mostly I was concerned that it was likely to happen again.

Last edited:
Ran defrost before getting in my car yesterday with the outside temperature at 30 F. Hopped in and ran the wipers to clear the inch of powdery snow. Instant spiderweb explosion on the outer glass layer. Anyone have this happen before? On their Tesla or any other car? I didn’t even know that was possible.
I've had that happen several times in fact. Even currently have an edge to edge crack on my X that happened the same way. Each time I went to the glass place and said I have no idea how it happened, just ran the defrost, no chips! Then they pull out the magnifying glass and show me the tiny micro size chip that was the root of the crack. Literally the head of a pin size in each case, barely visible. Thankfully my current X crack, while the entire width of the car is below my eye line. I was gonna fix it in the fall, but then figured I'd let it go over the winter since that's when I get the most rock pelting from road dirt. Glad I did, as a month ago I got a fingernail sized hit allllll the way up near the top of the windshield next to the wire conduit almost at the edge of the glass.
IMG_2370.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: Krash and M0rpH3x
This happened to my friend last year. When he took it in for inspection, they identified a very small chip that was the issue. Sorry to hear that it happened to you. I just had a poor experience with insurance and the windshield replacement in my Y, so just make sure things are covered before it gets repaired!

Reactions: Park2670