Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 Australian Entertainment Apps - YouTube Link Video

James_B

Oct 29, 2018
Melbourne, VIC
Just got V10 this morning and have been playing around with the ability to watch Netflix, YouTube etc. I saw that you can use links from YouTube to watch other services such as Plex etc. in full screen (which you can't do from the browser directly), so I created a quick YouTube video with links to commonly used Australian services.

Save the following video to a playlist in your YouTube account, go in to YouTube in your car and sign in, go to the playlist, open up the description, then click on the links to go to the services and log in to watch full screen :D

youtube.com/watch?v=iiYQTjGlMUU

Tested working:

Plex
Stan
ABC iView

Tested not working:

Prime video
Foxtel Go

If there are other services that you use that you'd like added, let me know the URL and I'll add it to the description.

Last edited:

dasn

Aug 14, 2019
Sydney
Or you can do this trick to load Google Search, basically open YouTube > tap your profile picture > manage your Google Account > tap the app grid icon > Google Search > profit!

I mentioned this in the Tesla Model 3 in Australia thread but posting here since I think its a great tip that everyone should know =)

• Helpful
Reactions: Hairyman

James_B

Oct 29, 2018
Melbourne, VIC
@paulp Does it work in the standard browser? I would have thought not as Foxtel Go doesn't work. If it does, send me the URL and I'll add it to the list. I don't have a Kayo account, so can't test it myself.

dmaunder

Jun 23, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
This is great, but is there a way to get it into the web browser favorites? When I type it or click on it in an email in the web browser, it immediately jumps to the youtube app, and there doesnt seem to be a way to create a favorite that you arent actually on.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC