Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 Impressions from those who have installed the update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are "hidden features" hidden in the V10 video from Tesla:

One of them is "Car Wash Mode"...

Another one is "Voice Commands", so who knows what they added. (@verygreen Have you pulled the list of voice commands from V10 yet?)

There was one other one in the video that was too blurry for me to catch even going frame-by-frame in YouTube...
  • Voice Commands
  • Driving Visualization
  • Maps Improvement
  • Sentry Mode Improvements
  • Software Update Improvements
  • Application Launcher Updates
  • You Tube
  • Car Wash Mode
  • Caroke
  • Cuphead
  • ?
  • Feeling Lucky
  • Tesla Theater

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: Phlier and KenC
Any feedback on the dashcam updates yet... particularly the rear view?

Tesla's broader release of V10 update includes a few new suprise features - Electrek

There's now an extra file in each grouping. For example: 2019-09-27_15-25-52-back.mp4. The quality of that file seems comparable to what's shown in the car for the rear view. However, the aspect ratio is 4:3, and it seems like the in-car view is a cropped widescreen version. The recorded dashcam video shows a bit more on the top and bottom. Not useful though as it's just car parts.

There could be more image on the left and right side too. Overall the photo looks more fisheye, which would seem to imply the cropped area shown in the car could have taken out some of the sides.

Here's a screenshot of a sample rear vid from the USB card.

upload_2019-9-27_16-3-6.png

Had no problem with come to me out of garage in a driving rainstorm. Backout of garage just like I did, pivoted and came right to me. Faster than I thought. Also pretty accurate. Nervous yes, but what the heck. My 80 year old father watched, and said. What's next? Flying cars. I said maybe sooner than you think....:)

Only got to try sentry mode on my driveway, which is shaped like a horseshoe. From the middle of the horseshoe, it was able to drive to the forward endpoint of the horseshoe. I did not see what would happen if i picked the reverse end. I suspect it would do a 3-pt turn rather than backing all the way out. Will test more later.

I thought I could get the car to go on the main road and enter back into the other entrance of my driveway, but the app said that public roads are disabled for enhanced summon.

Next, I pulled into the entrance of my driveway from the main road and attempted to summon it to the exit. Here's where it kinda failed. It decided to take a shortcut across the lawn to get across the horseshoe instead of traversing the paved road. I guess it can't tell the difference between asphalt and grass, or it was expecting some sort of threshold (curb). That was disappointing. I would have figured it would be way better than that detecting driveable space.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Possibly almost had the first advanced summons accident lol. It appears it did not recognize this small tree and it kept going for a couple of seconds AFTER I released the summons button... stopped just in time.

View attachment 459806

Holy macaroni.

The latency between lifting off the remote button and the car responding has always been a little terrifying to me.

For instance: When I park toward a curb say... at Costco. I don't want to hit the curb so sometimes I get out and look and see how much room I have left and then drive the car forward using Summon. I always have to make sure to take my finger off the button way earlier than I would normally think to do, because the car feels like it takes an eternity to recognize that it's supposed to stop.

I went out to try smart summon, but I live on, you know, a public road, so it didn't work :( Oh well. I also wanted to do a sound test of Spotify versus some flac audio I have on a USB drive. Spotify definitely doesn't sound bad, but it's still not as clear as the flac over USB. I'm no audiophile but I do like clear music. If you listen to the same songs back to back on the two sources, you can tell the Spotify audio is a little muddled. I haven't compared Spotify to slacker, which is probably the more fair comparison, but whatever

I went out to try smart summon, but I live on, you know, a public road, so it didn't work :( Oh well. I also wanted to do a sound test of Spotify versus some flac audio I have on a USB drive. Spotify definitely doesn't sound bad, but it's still not as clear as the flac over USB. I'm no audiophile but I do like clear music. If you listen to the same songs back to back on the two sources, you can tell the Spotify audio is a little muddled. I haven't compared Spotify to slacker, which is probably the more fair comparison, but whatever
What about flac vs spotify from your phone or pc? Similar results? Wondering if Spotify quality is consistent.

Possibly almost had the first advanced summons accident lol. It appears it did not recognize this small tree and it kept going for a couple of seconds AFTER I released the summons button... stopped just in time.

View attachment 459806

How far was the car from the tree when you released the Summon button? It's fairly clear the car cannot see things like small trees; no need to test it! Were you trying to see whether it would avoid it? Or did the car travel a pretty long distance in that 2 seconds?