Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 software and Tesla Model 3 Standard Plus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• CD6D3DD1-D1FA-419B-85CC-7BD6E26A83FC.jpeg
    CD6D3DD1-D1FA-419B-85CC-7BD6E26A83FC.jpeg
    266.1 KB · Views: 115
Yep, the release notes even say that it is available via cell temporarily.
I read that while this is the final version it's only going out to FSD/Advanced and full release is next week.

My guess is that's when they'll disable the LTE streaming. Happy to be wrong here.

Think Tesla is capable of executing something like this? They can’t even bill for premium connectivity. Thought they said those who ordered after 7/1/2018 will only get 1 year of free premium connectivity? Seems like they all still have it.

Think Tesla is capable of executing something like this? They can’t even bill for premium connectivity. Thought they said those who ordered after 7/1/2018 will only get 1 year of free premium connectivity? Seems like they all still have it.

My guess is that they give everyone this "free" trial and then when their billing is ready (most likely Q4) they will tell everyone who ordered after 7/1/18 that they must pay the $100 annually to keep functionality.

• Funny
Reactions: calidreamz808

Modifying software capabilities universally or even by type is much easier than features with billing integration.

In the US you have to have a Spotify Premium account. (Tesla provides you with a Slacker account.) In Europe Tesla doesn't provide Slacker they provide Spotify with the car.

Well that is a bummer. Not putting down $10 a month plus $100 a year to Tesla (when they start charging). Wish I could stream my Sirius XM. Already paying for that.

Guess I'll have to use Slacker for now when I get V10.

You use wifi from your phone. I don't have unlimited data so no go.

not sure how much data you have in your plan, or use monthly, but streaming Spotify is de minimis in the grand scheme of things. Anywhere from 40-70 MB per hour, give or take.

So assuming an hour a day, every day, that’s 2.1GB total for a whole month.

And probably on the high side. You could also preload music with Spotify to your phone when on wifi, eliminating need to stream.

Reactions: r1200gs4ok