Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v11 software update SUCKS

Do you prefer v11 Tesla UI to v10.x, or want Tesla to go back to v10?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only thing that makes me nervous about German cars are their tendency to over-engineer things and the lack of consideration for affordable future serviceability. The sheer number of computers and sensors and their placement without regard to easy access.
Or even more mundane items such as access to the cabin air filters on the Model 3 and the “what were they thinking” removal of the top screw.
The lack of an ICE definitely helps a LOT, but the initial high build quality can still degrade into a money pit. I would still be afraid of the higher probability of various trouble lights coming on where the only solution is to visit the dealer for service. Only time will tell how German EV's are gonna age.
Post-warranty Tesla repairs do not appear to be inexpensive, especially for things like battery replacement and body damage.

Reactions: Lobstahz
Or even more mundane items such as access to the cabin air filters on the Model 3 and the “what were they thinking” removal of the top screw.

Post-warranty Tesla repairs do not appear to be inexpensive, especially for things like battery replacement and body damage.

I’ve replaced the cabin air filters on my Model 3 by myself. One of the worst places to put them in, with pretty bad positioning of the screws that hold the cover in place.

Also, agreed with your assessment that Tesla repairs are quite expensive. The Model 3/Y crowd is about to realize that, as the warranties start to run out.

On the fence about updating to v11, after losing LTE on the 22nd. Will miss remote access when out and about, we preheat the cabin and seats all the time.

That and preconditioning for super charging are kind of key (might be able to use a mobile hot spot for navigation? but not sure).

Thought again about a Mercedes, and I remembered I never buy a car until the 3rd or 4th year of production, so nope.

(Y had the 3 as an older sibling, so I broke my rule).

Still, going to wait until losing the connection, see how it goes.
1193C069-0E84-40E1-AA08-5FE956A1505B.jpeg

On the fence about updating to v11, after losing LTE on the 22nd. Will miss remote access when out and about, we preheat the cabin and seats all the time.

That and preconditioning for super charging are kind of key (might be able to use a mobile hot spot for navigation? but not sure).

Thought again about a Mercedes, and I remembered I never buy a car until the 3rd or 4th year of production, so nope.

(Y had the 3 as an older sibling, so I broke my rule).

Still, going to wait until losing the connection, see how it goes.
View attachment 771234
Just received this message on my 2016 MS. After the hot mess which is v11 was installed on our MY I decided to wait on the S. Not sure I'll miss much by not installing as it is AP1 with wifi in the garage or through my phone's hot spot. See what happens....

FWIW, nothing probably other than a few seconds of satisfaction, I dropped a note on the Tesla website complaining about how this update is less safe and more annoying. The only place that I could find was the Board of Directors contact page.

I have no illusions that it will help but I'm So Disappointed in this update (negative upgrade!) that I had to rant a bit.
I have booked 2 service calls so far via the app under Software Updates asking to revert. They called back and obviously the answer was no, but maybe the message will get back to the mothership...

Reactions: Msjulie
Owned 5 luxury German cars. Audi S4 lasted 15 years until the hoses and other rubber stuff started failing. Other than ignition coils I did not have any issues. On my TT only oil changes.
On top of that, besides the dealers, there are many good 3rd party shops. Yes, more expensive than Toyota, Honda, Ford or Chevy but not by much.
Frankly, for the first time I am concerned about car maintenance. Cost-wise, it is similar to a luxury car (which Tesla is not) but I am afraid of those multi-weeks waits for service.

Reactions: Xdama and Ciaopec
what's stupid is in order to bring up the little "mini" climate control menu you have to change the damn temp. THAT'S just a fail.

and forget just trying to turn seat heaters on/off without full on turning climate on. wow. just wow. i am so sick of my car right now.

not to mention ALL of the things that were easily scanned at a glance now have to be accessed by a ****ing menu. wifi/cell connection. profile. dashcam.

I've tried twice now to "schedule" a service center appointment to get this off my car, and both times they decline and say V11 is not reversible. so we wait for V12. omg this is just bad. NOTHING is better in V11. NOTHING. just sad that Tesla does this *sugar* and won't budge on complaints. seriously what else can we do here?

Yes, i've raged and raged on these same points but i really don't know how else to cope...
Voice commands work in my Y...and ya don't have to change the temp, just flick-up at the climate icon at the bottom of screen. Again, voice commands are easiest.

Voice commands work on every Tesla. As long as you have the connection. Many times, even in metro areas, there is no connection for some inexplicable reason.
Or as long as you have no regional UK accent (not just a Tesla issue though). Voice commands in many cars struggle with various UK accents, the difference is other cars have buttons / switches that don’t move around at some software guys whim🤷🏼‍♂️ Consequently they’re easier to live with ime. I hate voice control because it takes too many attempts to actually get what I want to actually happen. Apparently I wanted to call Hannah Montana the other day when I actually wanted to call my wife (who isn’t called Hannah Montana🤪