Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v2020.8 rolling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am installing 2020.8.2 right now. I was bored so sat in my car in the garage and played w the screen and it started downloading 8.2. It was on 2020.8.1 which was installed a couple of weeks ago. My FM radio hasn’t been working so hopefully this will fix it.. “steering correction” thing happened once or twice since 8.1. Hope it goes away too..

• Funny
Reactions: pow216
I am installing 2020.8.2 right now. I was bored so sat in my car in the garage and played w the screen and it started downloading 8.2. It was on 2020.8.1 which was installed a couple of weeks ago. My FM radio hasn’t been working so hopefully this will fix it.. “steering correction” thing happened once or twice since 8.1. Hope it goes away too..
The collision alert has deffo had a chill pill from 8.1 to 8.2

I collected my model 3 performance Saturday but it’s still on 2020.4.2, any idea how I update because it still says up to date?
My LR AWD from last August is still on 2020.4.1.

You just have to sit tight until the Tesla mothership deems your car worthy of an upgrade.

Keep it connected to your WiFi when parked, and set Software Updates to “Advanced”.

Reactions: Adopado and davidmc
You just have to wait. Make sure your car is on your WiFi. :)

OOOrrrrrrrr if you tap the button 5 times! (Old joke)

you know what, I searched that thread and was stupid enough to try it :p

My LR AWD from last August is still on 2020.4.1.

You just have to sit tight until the Tesla mothership deems your car worthy of an upgrade.

Keep it connected to your WiFi when parked, and set Software Updates to “Advanced”.

Yeah it’s on WI-FI, my mesh network reaches the drive and I’ve run a speed test so speed shouldn’t be the problem. Lose around half my in-house speed but still pretty decent.

You just have to wait. Make sure your car is on your WiFi. :)

On my LR I get the notification an update is waiting using plain LTE, but to download it you need WiFi. Possibly different for the SR+ that doesn't have Premium Connectivity? I do find I need to prompt it to check though by simply going into Software from the main Settings screen. I'll find out later whether the nerve shredding crash avoidance alarms have calmed down on 8.2 like others have mentioned.

On my LR I get the notification an update is waiting using plain LTE, but to download it you need WiFi. Possibly different for the SR+ that doesn't have Premium Connectivity? I do find I need to prompt it to check though by simply going into Software from the main Settings screen. I'll find out later whether the nerve shredding crash avoidance alarms have calmed down on 8.2 like others have mentioned.
Correct, you do get the notification via LTE but I believe you get this quicker via WiFi? You can only download via WiFi tho

image.jpg

Given the likely duration of this lockdown, I think it's possible to have a few software updates that will not ever be driven on for the vast majority of UK Tesla owners! My 2020.8.2 hit on the 24th - the day the lockdown went into place and I'm not a key worker and have been lucky to have everything delivered so we have only gone out for local walks. We may see a 2020.8.3 that seems to have seen a test release yesterday and maybe even a few iterations of 2020.12.X or 2020.16.X before we're free to roam around again!

Reactions: Jez_GB