Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v9 finally going international? ... 2018.40 spotted in Japan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed this on Teslafi ...

Let's hope it heralds the long-awaited international rollout of v9, even if Drive on Nav is not yet included, as Elon indicated yesterday this would take a couple of extra months due to variations in road markings.

Perhaps not by coincidence I was yesterday spontaneously informed by Tesla Service in Switzerland to keep WiFi hot and expect v9 to land within the next week, so the omens are increasingly auspicious!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 11.29.55.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 11.29.55.png
    549.3 KB · Views: 129
Hello
For information her in Japan. I receive 2 days ago one official reply from Tesla Japan !

I am really sorry to late response.
Unfortunately we don`t have any test software plan in Japan.
Your kindly understand our situation would be appreciated.
Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Ouch - I'm hoping it's not just one solitary hacker in Japan who has gotten root and a grey image of .40, or some fake data on Teslafi ...

Because it’s depend of traffic regulations of each country.....

What is the functionality that in your oppinion depends on traffic regulations?

- Blind spot monitoring: Obviously not
- Navigate on autopilot: Confirmed it isn't coming to Non-US for months so No.
- Atari games: LOL
- New UI: LOL
- dashcam: Maybe that is not legal on some countries
- Autopilot: Nothing new that wasn't previously available in terms of regulation. Anyway hands on the wheel are still enforced.
- Automatic lane change: Not available even on USA (available on 42 but with confirmation, so nothing new vs. 36.2).

So there should be no problems, at least in terms of regulations (unless for small functionality such as the dashcam). It must be another reason, maybe it is not easy to disable Navigate on Autopilot or something like that.

I hope we can get the new version soon. Even with reduced functionality, the lane change on secondary roads, the new ui, the blind spot monitoring, the new autopilot, the dashcam, ... that is a very nice refresh almost without regressions, which is great! (and unexpected on a so heavy upgrade of a big software product).

Car can be sold on each country with certification from traffic regulation at this time Tesla registrer theirs car with some specific specs and fonction so If any things change the spec of the car like wifi,regeneration brakes,the way the computer work,games .....Tesla need new certificates for his fleet from traffic regulations.
Honestly I don’t know all country laws but here in Japan is same like that
So some country are faster than others to give this “ok”

I can assure all of you that v9 has not been released on Japan. Someone creative got it installed manually.

Yep, it sure looks that way now, and the other 1-of case in Thailand was probably due to the same cause.

But finally, in the last 5 minutes (thanks Dimitri79), 42.2 is really showing up widely in Europe, i.e. Germany, Netherlands, UK and Norway, all on HW2.5 so far!!

So my tip on the phone is proving to have been correct ... must get to car and tether wifi on phone now!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 10.06.54.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 10.06.54.png
    546.4 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Reactions: Saimaannorppa
Difference in lane markings worldwide was said to be the biggest difference holding it back from country to country. The EU is ~standardised so it can more or less be rolled out together, while here in Australia we have our own markings which may make us even later for the roll out. Sigh. One can only hope there's been enough continuous parallel development in all respective countries, but hope for the best, and expect the worst, seems to keep applying...