Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vibration at 3-4 mph at the end of regenerative braking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because all software is always perfect and Tesla has an infinite amount of time to test every update to make sure it is perfect and users will wait patiently forever for new features and updates. (In some world somewhere.)

There is a huge difference between fixing known existing bugs/new features and introducing bugs that did not exist before. The latter shows gross incompetence that should not happen at a company that manufacturers cars, period.

There is a huge difference between fixing known existing bugs/new features and introducing bugs that did not exist before. The latter shows gross incompetence that should not happen at a company that manufacturers cars, period.

What is your dog in this fight? You're at 78 posts and I don't think a single one has been anything but negative. That's fine I'm just wondering if you are an owner, shareholder, shorting the stock...etc

I disagree. The 'bug' was likely an unexpected side effect of a change intended to improve performance or - more likely - reduce power consumption. It was never a safety issue, it was never a problem that would cause more wear and tear. In fact, many people didn't even notice it. It was (apparently) fixed very promptly.

Compare this to life/limb issues like faulty air bags and ignition switches and your concern seems somewhat absurd...

I'm actually somewhat happy to see this because is shows that Tesla is always looking for improvements AND they're able to react to problems in very short order. 10 days... pretty quick. They figured out the issue and fixed it, rather than simply rolling back to the previous version. It took me three months to get M-B to fix a problem they caused with a firmware 'upgrade' to the sound system... their solution was to replace the entire unit... LOL

Just got back from a test drive - YES - 2.5.46 has eliminated the 4 MPH vibration. Thanks Tesla.

Good News and an update on my SHUDDERING problem. Went in for service on 28August2015 (installation of Center Console) and mentioned the 4MPH shuddering issue. As has been mentioned in the blogs, I was told it was a known issue, but that my experience would be reported to Tesla/Engineering so that I'd be pushed the software upgrade when available. On 29August, I received notification that a software upgrade was available for my vehicle and scheduled it for later that night. Upgrade to version 2.5.46 was installed overnight and VOILA, on 29August - NO MORE SHUDDERING. Thank you Tesla for being an amazing car company. Friends and colleagues are absolutely IN AWE when I relate the story. Problem? SOLVED!

I'd call them.

I think I was one of the first people on this board to get the update. I was also one of the first people at my SVC to actually complain about it (see post #3), which makes me think the two are related ;).

I think I'm experiencing this problem but I have range mode set to off in my P85D (with creep mode off). I also see the traction control lights go on sometimes when I accelerate out of it.

Yes, it would occur with range mode off.

I saw the way Duma worded it in the other thread, and thought that wording might confuse you.

The only thing different about your situation seems to be the traction control light.

Turning range mode on, even if only as a test, should make the shudder go away.