Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Video shows Model 3 display with Autopilot engaged

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GAH! Vertical video... and very short. But I did watch it like 10 times.

I used my crude Photoshop skills to make the image horizontal. Vertical videos can't stop us from obsessing!

Model3_Autopilot_Screen.jpg

I like how it says the battery percentage at the time of arriving at destination on the last step of the directions. I suspect it updates on the fly if you change something (AC, speed). Is that the same on the model S/X? (I assume so)
If you read the text, it says "Round trip estimate back to starting point"
I wonder if that means not 55% at destination, but upon returning to starting point (often home)?

I like how it says the battery percentage at the time of arriving at destination on the last step of the directions. I suspect it updates on the fly if you change something (AC, speed). Is that the same on the model S/X? (I assume so)

Yes this is the same on S/X.

If you read the text, it says "Round trip estimate back to starting point"
I wonder if that means not 55% at destination, but upon returning to starting point (often home)?

The 55% is for the destination. Below that it does show round trip percentage but the actual percentage is being cut off in that picture. You have to scroll down to see the round trip number. Also this is a round trip number back to the spot you started the navigation at, not necessarily your home.

Reactions: Thomas Edison
...The 55% is for the destination. Below that it does show round trip percentage but the actual percentage is being cut off in that picture. You have to scroll down to see the round trip number. Also this is a round trip number back to the spot you started the navigation at, not necessarily your home.

So, the math works out. The driver appears to be about 16 mi from destination and is currently at 189mi. At destination, 189mi - 16mi = 173 mi. If that results in being at 55% (per the screen), does that mean the original range was 173 / 0.55 = 314.5 mi.

So, the math works out. The driver appears to be about 16 mi from destination and is currently at 189mi. At destination, 189mi - 16mi = 173 mi. If that results in being at 55% (per the screen), does that mean the original range was 173 / 0.55 = 314.5 mi.

Yes, but only if he's driving exactly at the rated consumption. Meaning he uses exactly 16 miles of rated range during that last 16 miles of actual distance. More than likely he's not doing that at highway speeds.

This is the reason I set my battery display to a percentage on my main display. Having it set to show miles can be misleading. More than likely he won't arrive at his destination showing 173 miles remaining. Setting it to a percentage makes more sense, especially since the nav uses a percentage to display what you will have left at the destination/round trip.