Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

View Waze Incidents on the Tesla browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well mine stopped malfunctioning after I turned off the beta police trap thingy. Just as well since almost the entire Dulles Toll Road was correctly marked as one giant police trap, which it is.

I disagree. There are about a dozen very specific places that they usually hide, and it varies basedon direction of travel. A higher resolution record of the actual historical speed traps map would indicate this. I used to have all these locations logged on my older Toyota navigation which had this function. It would send an alert 1/4 mile before a dropped waypoint if you were traveling a certain direction. That is you could drop a waypoint with a directional indication that would alarm when you were traveling in one direction, but not when you were traveling 180 degress. It worked perfectly to remind you with a chime everytime you approached a common speed trap that you previously logged.

Alas, I can't find any other car or phone navigation that allows this great functionality.

I agree to add some directional indication .. that would be useful. for reasons discussed above.

@ericwol

Eric any ideas on the police trap issues recently I've had to disable it as it becomes impossibly slow with it on... I do find it very useful to see the shaded trap zones!

It is possible that this can happen if your area has a lot of speed trap zones. In my area (Seattle), I'm not seeing this issue. I'm not looking to make any changes right now because I'm "still" waiting on the Tesla browser update. I will address performance issues, if any, after the browser update is rolled out. I'm hoping it will happen soon.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
I disagree. There are about a dozen very specific places that they usually hide, and it varies basedon direction of travel. A higher resolution record of the actual historical speed traps map would indicate this. I used to have all these locations logged on my older Toyota navigation which had this function. It would send an alert 1/4 mile before a dropped waypoint if you were traveling a certain direction. That is you could drop a waypoint with a directional indication that would alarm when you were traveling in one direction, but not when you were traveling 180 degress. It worked perfectly to remind you with a chime everytime you approached a common speed trap that you previously logged.

Alas, I can't find any other car or phone navigation that allows this great functionality.

I agree to add some directional indication .. that would be useful. for reasons discussed above.

The speed traps zones locations are completely data driven from Waze police reports alerts. As more data is collected (right now we are at about 3 millions locations across north America), the machine learning algorithm will be able to do a better job of locating the specific speed trap areas as the outlying location reports will be rejected as background noise.

• Informative
Reactions: msnow
The speed traps zones locations are completely data driven from Waze police reports alerts. As more data is collected (right now we are at about 3 millions locations across north America), the machine learning algorithm will be able to do a better job of locating the specific speed trap areas as the outlying location reports will be rejected as background noise.

the way points/zones that it creates are too broad and non directional in high traffic areas. The toyota navigation allowed my own data-driven collection to be more precise and useful: they hide in that specific location: under that bridge for EB traffic, on that onramp for WB traffic. and in that median crossing in both directions.

But don't get me wrong -- it totally rocks anyway.

If possible consider averaging the points to a more precise location (crowd is sloppy in marking locations with Waze reports) and triangulating to remove the inaccuracies instead just a heat map. (says the lame non-coder who is still filled with awe and respect for the great effort)

thanks

1505910747293735421892.jpg The last few days the waze browser app is only giving me the map and traffic info. No icons for police, road hazards, accidents , etc. It also does not show the position of my car, although the map does adjust to follow me as I'm driving, even if there is.no red arrow showing my position and direction .

This just starting happening in both my car and my wife's. I've reloaded and changed all kinds of settings in the app trying to experiment, but with no success.

Am I the only one with this issue? Did the URL change?

View attachment 248717 The last few days the waze browser app is only giving me the map and traffic info. No icons for police, road hazards, accidents , etc. It also does not show the position of my car, although the map does adjust to follow me as I'm driving, even if there is.no red arrow showing my position and direction .

This just starting happening in both my car and my wife's. I've reloaded and changed all kinds of settings in the app trying to experiment, but with no success.

I’m getting the same thing.
Sometimes it says “waiting on message notification” and “Ajax Error 500” in the top left of the window.

View attachment 248717 The last few days the waze browser app is only giving me the map and traffic info. No icons for police, road hazards, accidents , etc. It also does not show the position of my car, although the map does adjust to follow me as I'm driving, even if there is.no red arrow showing my position and direction .

same issue for me

I don't think it's on the Waze side (thankfully). It still works in Chrome and Safari.

Yea, just saw this this morning. It works fine on my phone and chrome desktop. I'll take a look at it tonight. It would be a shame if they are locking down the data stream, but I figured Google would eventually do it. Right now users of this Tesla Waze web site generated about 100k Waze data requests a day.

On another note, is there a way to donate to this project?
I use it every single day and don't even like driving without it on the screen.
If I can do anything to help keep it running I'm all in.

Cheers!

Everything right now, uses free services on the internet, except for hosting.Since I work in Microsoft Azure that is pretty much free for me.