Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

View Waze Incidents on the Tesla browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I'm thinking of a button that appears when you start dragging the map around to tell it to resume centering on the car.

Will give it a go when I find the time. Been a while since I did the google maps stuff and they changed it all again for a 3rd time!

I haven't gone through the 30-odd pages of this thread, but if it's on Github or something, I'll be happy to give you a hand.

I haven't gone through the 30-odd pages of this thread, but if it's on Github or something, I'll be happy to give you a hand.

The hack to get this going again has a big performance penalty, I'm rewriting it to draw the icons into a canvas that I own (avoiding any Google Maps API). The net effect should be better performance that what we had before.

I would pay if you could add pushbullet notifications functionality like A better route planner did.

I already implemented push notifications via IFTT. The problem is that the Tesla web browser implements a very old draft version of WebSockets, which I have seen, does not support a reliable enough connection, along with forcing me to deploy another server that supports the draft version of WebSockets just to make this work. I have been holding off on this feature until we get a newer browser.

So what is the preference of pushbullet? Is this what people want to use? AFAIK pushbullet requires login auth, and since the Tesla Browser does not support persisted cookies, and ABRP does not store the auth token server side, how do you stay signed in? Do you have to log in every time?

hi @ericwol - I expect this is a uk data thing - but I continually get a truckload of roadworks symbols cluttering up the map.
Any chance we could get an button to show/not show these please?

And always my thanks to you for this great site. I actually consider it a standard Tesla feature now.
If only they would actually update the damn browser ...

hi @ericwol - I expect this is a uk data thing - but I continually get a truckload of roadworks symbols cluttering up the map.
Any chance we could get an button to show/not show these please?

And always my thanks to you for this great site. I actually consider it a standard Tesla feature now.
If only they would actually update the damn browser ...
Go into the settings menu and turn them off. You need to add the new URL to your favorites again to persist the new settings configuration.

I believe that the shaded patches are areas of high traffic enforcement...:cool:
In the US, I have collected about 3 million waze police location reports, and implemented a machine learning algorithm on the data set to identify clusters of where common police reports are located. Basically, these are speed trap zones. For Europe, I have collected only about 1 million locations so far.