Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

View Waze Incidents on the Tesla browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I already implemented push notifications via IFTT. The problem is that the Tesla web browser implements a very old draft version of WebSockets, which I have seen, does not support a reliable enough connection, along with forcing me to deploy another server that supports the draft version of WebSockets just to make this work. I have been holding off on this feature until we get a newer browser.

So what is the preference of pushbullet? Is this what people want to use? AFAIK pushbullet requires login auth, and since the Tesla Browser does not support persisted cookies, and ABRP does not store the auth token server side, how do you stay signed in? Do you have to log in every time?

Doesn't have to be Pushbullet but it is capable of mirroring all phone notifications automatically.

I have no idea how it works. This thread here is where he mentions a little how he did it. Android Notifications in Car

He says:
The Pushbullet API is not too complicated, but the Tesla browser limitations are. I had to write an own proxy to keep encrypted connections between the browser and the Pushbullet servers, and you can use it too if you want. Send me a PM for details.

In the US, I have collected about 3 million waze police location reports, and implemented a machine learning algorithm on the data set to identify clusters of where common police reports are located. Basically, these are speed trap zones. For Europe, I have collected only about 1 million locations so far.
That is amazing. I can confirm the accuracy of these as well and they map well to known speed trap locations on my neighbourhoods.

So... I don't have the new browser yet, but the website traffic is through the roof. Looking at the requests, it looks like Tesla has removed the 30 seconds time out limit. Can anyone confirm that the updates are faster? For now, I made a change that now throttles it to every 10 seconds, until I can separate the UI updates from the waze requests.
More information on the new browser ... Tesla finally pushes new internet browser update in its vehicles – almost twice as fast
It has been promised for about 2 years, but it’s now finally here. Tesla’s almost unusable in-car internet browser has now been upgraded to a somewhat decent browser under the latest software update. Last month, Tesla upgraded its onboard media computer in new Model S and Model X vehicles and now owners have been experiencing a significantly more responsive center display.

Tesla is expected to make use of the more powerful hardware to make some improvements to its in-car software, but CEO Elon Musk said that the automaker still planned an update to improve the experience of owners with older vehicles, especially the internet browser. The browser was extremely slow and would often not render websites properly. It was so bad that less than 30% of Tesla drivers reportedly use their in-car internet browser.

Tesla was first planning an update for December 2016, but it has been pushed back on several occasions as the company focused on Autopilot 2.0 and Model 3 software. Now 14 months later, Tesla is pushing a new 2018.14 software update and it appears to feature some significant improvement for the browser. Tesla owners with the old MCU are reporting getting the software and seeing 70 to 80% improvements in HTML5 scores as well as a much faster LTE speed

So... I don't have the new browser yet, but the website traffic is through the roof. Looking at the requests, it looks like Tesla has removed the 30 seconds time out limit. Can anyone confirm that the updates are faster? For now, I made a change that now throttles it to every 10 seconds, until I can separate the UI updates from the waze requests.

I'm on 2018.12 The browser is faster. Your app loads much quicker. I also noticed that the colors on the maps are richer. So we have an improvement! Let's see how it plays out.

I'm on 2018.12 The browser is faster. Your app loads much quicker. I also noticed that the colors on the maps are richer. So we have an improvement! Let's see how it plays out.
That is because Google Maps broke us about a month ago, and I rewrote the drawing layer. It's now highly optimized to the way we draw the icons on the screen. I also tweaked the colors and drawing resolution as part of this change.

I realized I should have replied directly to your post. Would it be typing in from scratch or setting the teslawaze as the home page? I really appreciate the assistance.
That totally worked. I typed it in from scratch and it did not crash my whole system. Thank you. Should I delete the old favorite and then save it again? Or is it better to always type from scratch? Thanks again.

I realized I should have replied directly to your post. Would it be typing in from scratch or setting the teslawaze as the home page? I really appreciate the assistance.
That totally worked. I typed it in from scratch and it did not crash my whole system. Thank you. Should I delete the old favorite and then save it again? Or is it better to always type from scratch? Thanks again.

Eric - with the latest update to the browser, my whole system crashes when I load the page. After the full reboot, it comes back to the Tesla home page. I wonder if anyone else is seeing that kind of issue. I really love your project, it has also saved me from a number of tickets.
I'm still waiting for my update. Looks like they stop the updates and now there is a new version (2018.14.2) out there.

He was able to solve the problem by going to the home page instead of his bookmark link!!

No update here either hopefully it arrives before my roadtrip this weekend.
I got the first update and then the issue started happening. Tech guy was right that typing in fresh fixed the issue for me. This morning, it just told me I have a new update. I was 2018.14. I wonder if they are patching me with a 2018.14.2 today.

• Informative
Reactions: Tech_Guy
I got the first update and then the issue started happening. Tech guy was right that typing in fresh fixed the issue for me. This morning, it just told me I have a new update. I was 2018.14. I wonder if they are patching me with a 2018.14.2 today.
Here is the update. I did get 14.2 loaded last night. The site came up from the saved bookmark with no issues. It is also quite a bit faster than it was before. I think they stopped the 14 rollout based on issues like mine. It was crashing the whole system. It looks like 14.2 fixed the issues. Great news!