Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

View Waze Incidents on the Tesla browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This site is great; thanks for sharing it! Tried it for the first time this morning, and noticed the police icon on an upcoming stretch of freeway, so made sure to keep with the flow. Not 5 seconds after my red dot passed the icon on the map, the actual police cruiser went shooting by me with his lights flashing, pulling over some hapless ICE driver.

What isn't as great, compared to the Nav app: slow traffic is displayed as a single red line, so you can't tell which direction is blocked and whether to avoid that section or whether it's actually clear sailing in the direction you're going. By contrast, the Nav app shows freeway traffic as a pair of lines, so it's clear which direction has a problem. Not sure whether Waze provides that data but could be a useful future improvement.

Cobra makes a bluetooth connected radar detector that makes it really easy to contribute reports (confirm / false alarm buttons pop up when you get a signal) into their proprietary database. Wish it could somehow contribute to waze.

This is absolutely fantastic. I've been using it the last couple of days. I see no pressing need for a radar detector now. The first actually useful use of the browser I've found. Thanks!!

My last ticket I was just driving down a surface street (down a steep hill) and a cop turned the corner coming the other way, radar on. I got pulled over, Waze wouldn't have helped, but a radar detector sure would have (I had just taken it out to sell the car!).

How good is waze on the Tesla browser?

Kind of surprised when I did a search of the forum (not sure the search works very well!) and only found 2 threads with waze in the title.

How well does waze work in the tesla browser? Any tips or tricks?

Thanks

Mike

- - - Updated - - -

Meant to post this under the "user interface" section...can not find a way to move it.

Kind of surprised when I did a search of the forum (not sure the search works very well!) and only found 2 threads with waze in the title.

How well does waze work in the tesla browser? Any tips or tricks?

Thanks

Mike

- - - Updated - - -

Meant to post this under the "user interface" section...can not find a way to move it.

Loads of credit to whoever made that waze app, but doesn't work very well honestly. Partially because the browser in tesla sucks.

Issues,

1. It shows a very zoomed out picture, north facing north, so makes it harder to guess where the next disaster is.
2. It updates every few seconds, unlike your waze app.
3. Doesn't plug into the waze ecosystem - part of what makes waze awesome. i.e. you should be feeding info back to waze.

I've not found it too useful. What I do instead,
- I got the center console,
- I run waze on my iPhone6+ plugged into the console with audio warnings.

1 man's opinion, the phone waze with just audio is more useful.

It's a GREAT start.

I'd like to see the default zoom, 1 more 'in', the updates are every 30 seconds because I believe that's a car limitation. so rotating maps would be so slow it would hurt. North is up is the only way really to show it.

I find the use of the large screen is not ideal. The roads are too small and the icons too small. You have a 17" screen! use it! make the icons larger and easier to touch. Make more of them that mean things like car on shoulder, cop, or debri, etc.

I think the app works great. It's the browser that needs work. I love not having to look at my phone to see where the cops are. If they would bring the browser out of 1992 and into 2015, this app could be so much better. They will, in time...

I have faith.

i have hope something will be done for 7.1, though was admittedly surprised when browser was seemingly not updated for v7.0. Version of qt is way too old.

i still used Waze for tesla every single day and it is great. I also run Waze on phone for reporting and audio. Audio fires, look at bottom half of 17" MFD :)

only wishes:
1) zoom in one level by default
2) change day/night mode automatically (i.e. Look up dawn/dusk based on time and location)
3) allow login to Waze and have 2 buttons: report hazard (car on shoulder), report the other major thing ;-)