Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I only recently configured, so I'm not expecting a VIN for at least another week. However, the thought led me to wonder if I should even bother checking my account page on weekends. I put together a little chart from the invite / configure spreadsheet:
View attachment 291009
I'm not sure if the relatively low number of Sunday VINs are maybe ones assigned on a previous day that hadn't been seen or maybe ones posted on a different day than it was assigned. The quantity of Saturday VINs is high enough that I think that they actually could be assigned on Saturday. So I'm gonna say every day of the with with the possible exception of Sunday (I'll probably check just in case, lol).

Also, I once saw a breakdown of VIN ranges by configuration -- can't remember where I saw it. Anyone know?

I think LV Acrobat (guess the means this person is in a show in Las Vegas) was doing this and created a separate thread. But then they got their VIN so maybe they stopped updating it...

Dear Tesla VIN assigner: When you sit down at your desk today to begin administrating the VIN Lottery, have a bite of your muffin, take a long drink of your coffee, and please keep in mind those of us who have been waiting 4 weeks or more for our numbers. Take your time and look at the list well. Try and put yourself in the shoes of folks who configured a month ago and keep seeing people getting VINs after only a few short days after configuring. Hurts a little, huh? I thought it might. Look closely; there it is - the order from the guy in Kentucky who configured his MSM with Aeros on 3/5. Now look at the production list. Yep; one just rolled off the assembly line last night. Let’s give him that one. See? Didn’t that feel good?

Dear Tesla VIN assigner: When you sit down at your desk today to begin administrating the VIN Lottery, have a bite of your muffin, take a long drink of your coffee, and please keep in mind those of us who have been waiting 4 weeks or more for our numbers. Take your time and look at the list well. Try and put yourself in the shoes of folks who configured a month ago and keep seeing people getting VINs after only a few short days after configuring. Hurts a little, huh? I thought it might. Look closely; there it is - the order from the guy in Kentucky who configured his MSM with Aeros on 3/5. Now look at the production list. Yep; one just rolled off the assembly line last night. Let’s give him that one. See? Didn’t that feel good?

My friend who configured his MSM with Aeros on 2/22, and who camped out overnight and was 4th in line at the store when reserving, would like to have his before yours :p

Additionally, me and my other friend who also camped overnight and were 2nd and 3rd in line and would like our White Aero 2/22 configs as well :(

Yes, I agree whole-heartedly. Except replace "Kentucky" with "Texas" and "3/5" with "2/22". I'd be fine if you got yours before me. At this point, we're mostly in the same boat.

My friend who configured his MSM with Aeros on 2/22, and who camped out overnight and was 4th in line at the store when reserving, would like to have his before yours :p

Additionally, me and my other friend who also camped overnight and were 2nd and 3rd in line and would like our White Aero 2/22 configs as well :(
I guess this makes you a faster runner than two of your friends, huh?

I think LV Acrobat (guess the means this person is in a show in Las Vegas) was doing this and created a separate thread. But then they got their VIN so maybe they stopped updating it...
spread sheet here, fully updated, and yes I perform in Vegas.
VIN COLORS

I'm picking up car tomorrow and will probably neglect this spreadsheet, feel free to take the data and make your own.

Another east coast Day 1 line waiter VIN! Good friend of mine (doesn't post here) received his this morning.

Reserved 3/31/16 - Annapolis, MD (#2 in line)
Invite/Config 2/22
Black/EAP/Aero
VIN 100**

Unfortunately I'm still waiting for mine - Day 1 from Bethesda, MD
Invite/Config 2/22
White/Aero/EAP

Update!!! Just checked my account (pretty much nonstop every 15 minutes) and I got my VIN.

106**. So excited.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor