Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need a sad face button for you @bswn1

Like, a tiny bit sad when you realize you have no VIN but are still getting a Model 3 earlier than the vast majority of line-waiters. Perhaps something like this?

giphy.gif

Vin assigned 1543!

Scheduled delivery on 12/26 at Costa Mesa. Confirmed 12/7. Was offered delivery in Fremont for this weekend if I wanted to make the trek north.

Wow, VIN arrives 14 days after configuring, and allowed pickup 16 days after configuring. I'm liking this trend...

@schonelucht spreadsheet seems to be locked. Who is allowed to update it now?

RT

I was assigned a 25xx vin today after I got a call from an inside sales guy based out of vegas. I've been told it's likely I'll get my car before year's end, despite finalizing my order just this past Friday. I don't have a loan or trade in to worry about, and I'm very close to Fremont, so I think these factors have helped speed the process.

All the same factors in my favor as well but, no progress yet. One side of me wants the car asap (and that's despite an upcoming trip from the 24th to the 31st; I could pick the car up late on the 31st) while another side wants a 2018 VIN fwiw (where the tax credit will help with the new tax regime) :).

Reactions: shokunin
All the same factors in my favor as well but, no progress yet. One side of me wants the car asap (and that's despite an upcoming trip from the 24th to the 31st; I could pick the car up late on the 31st) while another side wants a 2018 VIN fwiw :).

Interestingly, my contact specifically wanted to know if I had plans around the holidays, and seemed to be looking for bay area people who were going to be around between xmas and new years.