Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I configured 2/14 - midnight Grey with sport wheels - Was contacted 2/20 by Sales Advisor also got my Vin 2/20. 6083. Was offered pick up 3/1 but pushed off till 3/3.

That's my config, with a similar 60xx VIN and timeline.

If VINs are assigned by configuration, or randomly, what's the point of using an exponential trendline on VIN numbers to extrapolate production rates? It seems to me that the rate of VIN assignment, or perhaps rate of deliveries, would be a more accurate predictor of production than some arbitrary VIN distribution.

• Disagree
Reactions: Nurkbonis
Also configured on 2/22 but haven't heard a thing from Tesla yet. Perhaps they'll call me tomorrow? What time did you receive the call from them?
I didn't receive a call. I just called the general sales number and was transferred to an "inside sales advisor". She checked to make sure I had everything ready except for VIN#. Didn't have any additional information on when that might happen other then her best guess was 2-3 weeks. Only other interesting comment she made was that my car would be heading east by train. It's pretty clear sales has limited information but then I expected that when I called. She was very nice and provided her direct number if I had future questions.

• Informative
Reactions: Dave B and PoitNarf
Got my VIN today finally (low 7000s). Configured on 1/25. Just waiting on a delivery date now everything else is squared away. Can't wait! I changed my config from white/ aeros to blue/ aeros and got a VIN within 2 days.

guys I didnt change anything other than NO TRADE, Configured White No AP 2-7 got my vin 2-28 VIN #82XX I still cant figure out why some get low VIN and others in the 8XXX

• Informative
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
My guess is that that they had some older cars that were rejected. Someone didn't like panel gap, found something broken, etc.
So Tesla eventually fixes the problems and sells the car to someone else instead.

• Informative
Reactions: N8Howell33
Got a call from my ISA today, said to not expect a VIN until 3-6 weeks after config. It was a Utah number, but she is located in Vegas. She told me she would call me once the VIN is populated and gave no further information on production. I still hope for a VIN next week but not seeing any Black cars getting VINs for a while so who knows. Again there were 2 black 3's at the new service center in Vegas last week so its happening just not sure when it will for me.

702C7DFA-6BE4-4E45-A4C8-E571A3D91AF0.jpeg
That’s just great. While everyone’s ISA is working hard and providing great customer service. N8Howell33 and mine is MIA. Not even a generic email.
My ISA will be getting one star Yelp rating for this.