Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
do we know about how long the full cycle is? If we missed this batch wondering how long until they get back to making white cars. Was hoping to schedule my delivery on my birthday (28th) not looking good unless I get a VIN this week or very early next week.

If we miss this window, best guess is two weeks or more before they get back to white aeros. I just find it difficult to believe that they would not try to fill all their outstanding orders for a combo when doing a batch. I still haven't seen a white aero 2/22 VIN yet. I guess we'll see.

There was a long pause for white so I'm hoping they went big on this run of white/aero to compensate. I ordered on 2/15, so if I get a VIN, 2/22 VINs are probably right around the corner. Will be sad if I miss this run but there are bigger things in life for me to get worked up about. A few more weeks is doable... But it would suck :)

If we miss this window, best guess is two weeks or more before they get back to white aeros. I just find it difficult to believe that they would not try to fill all their outstanding orders for a combo when doing a batch. I still haven't seen a white aero 2/22 VIN yet. I guess we'll see.

Could be financing fell through.
See my other post in the other VIN thread. You're getting a fresh car coming off the line. The lower VIN does not indicate timing of production. VIN numbers are assigned in batches as proven in this thread. My guess is that they had a hold up on the white paint and are just now catching up in the production of the white batch.

Reactions: Stro
I'm getting REALLY nervous.. It seems that very very few deliveries are being made to the east coast. I live in Boston and the state rebate only has $900k in $2500 rebates remaining. Funding | MOR-EV

To submit a rebate you NEED the proof of purchase so I can't do it pre-emptively, and given that the funds have been burning through at a rate of about $500k/mo, I'm getting really anxious about qualifying (which was a big factor in ordering the LR in the first place). I configured Sunday 2/25 (Midnight Silver, Aero wheels, no EAP, PUP, LR) and it is NOT looking likely that I will get delivery in 3-6 weeks like they alluded to. To add insult to injury, I applied for financing the day I configured and that only lasts 30 days. I'm really not happy with how things are turning out. I don't mind having to re-apply for the financing, but losing the $2500 rebate is a big hit considering my intent was to get the SR model.

C'mon Elon - I know you have tons of production issues and are probably prioritizing west coast orders towards the end of the FY Q4 to please investors, but it would be really shitty if I miss out on the MA state rebate :(

I'm getting REALLY nervous.. It seems that very very few deliveries are being made to the east coast.

Tesla is known for making delivery pushes at the end of financial quarters. With 18Q1 ending this month, they prioritized East Coast deliveries early in the month and have now shifted to West Coast deliveries, simply because new shipments of cars to the East Coast will no longer make it in time for the end of March.

You might be out of luck for a couple more weeks, but once April rolls around, you should have nothing to worry about.

I ordered 2/22 in Los Angeles and haven't heard anything about my black/aero Model 3 either. They have a lot of orders to work through, but you'll get yours in Boston soon!

I'm getting REALLY nervous.. It seems that very very few deliveries are being made to the east coast. I live in Boston and the state rebate only has $900k in $2500 rebates remaining. Funding | MOR-EV

To submit a rebate you NEED the proof of purchase so I can't do it pre-emptively, and given that the funds have been burning through at a rate of about $500k/mo, I'm getting really anxious about qualifying (which was a big factor in ordering the LR in the first place). I configured Sunday 2/25 (Midnight Silver, Aero wheels, no EAP, PUP, LR) and it is NOT looking likely that I will get delivery in 3-6 weeks like they alluded to. To add insult to injury, I applied for financing the day I configured and that only lasts 30 days. I'm really not happy with how things are turning out. I don't mind having to re-apply for the financing, but losing the $2500 rebate is a big hit considering my intent was to get the SR model.

C'mon Elon - I know you have tons of production issues and are probably prioritizing west coast orders towards the end of the FY Q4 to please investors, but it would be really shitty if I miss out on the MA state rebate :(

On the same boat, but in CT. State rebate is at ~$924k and $3k per EV. I better get my car within 3 weeks since today is exactly 3 weeks from the day I ordered (2/22). Same config as you

I’m a Midnight Silver/Aero guy, too. I ordered mine Monday 3/5 and my confirmation email said “3-5 weeks”. You ordered one week ahead of me and they adjusted my estimated delivery date to (sort of) match yours, which indicates (to me, anyway) that this will coincide with a particular run of that color and wheel configuration. I’ll be anxiously awaiting to see if we get our VINs at the same time.

I’m a Midnight Silver/Aero guy, too. I ordered mine Monday 3/5 and my confirmation email said “3-5 weeks”. You ordered one week ahead of me and they adjusted my estimated delivery date to (sort of) match yours, which indicates (to me, anyway) that this will coincide with a particular run of that color and wheel configuration. I’ll be anxiously awaiting to see if we get our VINs at the same time.

Midnight silver/aero here too. Configured on 3/8. I bet we’re in the same batch.

Any chance it’s by the end of the month?

Sorry, didn't include in my excitement: 107xx
For what it is worth, my ISA informed me that my car which is due to get out of the production line probably later today was at the tail end of the batch. Not exactly sure what that means for those with reservations in white, but thought I would share that bit of info. Sounds like they were assigning the VINs as they start production of a specific batch, so looks like they're moving to other colors starting today--at least that is my opinion. Good luck to everybody still waiting. Ultimately, you'll look back and laugh at the entire process while smiling in your car.