Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see plenty of wondering about VIN assignments relative to color and location, so I did some charts only considering recent data since 2/22...These are charts of the average # of days from configuration to VIN assignment

View attachment 293599 View attachment 293598
Thank you for these very informative charts. I looked at the first one and thought "how can this be, it took 42 days for me to get a VIN for my white/aero?" Then I looked at the second one and said, "Right."

Reactions: insaneoctane
Black w/ Aeros were assigned on sequential days leading up to Tuesday (4/10) and then nothing for a couple of days... View attachment 293629 A positive side is that I'll know when to start checking my account for a VIN in earnest as I start to see those 3/22 configs receive one. I'll be getting a VIN after them (most likely) since I configured on 3/30.

Is this spread sheet publicly available?

Thanks

Is this spread sheet publicly available?

Thanks

Yes, see the pinned topic at the top of the Ordering, Production, Delivery forum. In it is a link to the spreadsheet which actually links out to two spreadsheets now due to the popularity (they were hitting against a Google sheets user limit). Those spreadsheets are spreadsheet #1, spreadsheet #2 and are the same / mirrors.

To get the view I took a screenshot of, I added a temporary filter view, then filtered for a specific color car and specific wheel choice, then sorted by configuration date.

• Informative
Reactions: Asad1087 and KJD
A lot of people of ordered White Aeros have been stuck for a long time, whereas the other combinations seem to get assigned VINs very quickly.

Hmm. That’s interesting because pearl white configs seem to have the shortest delay in getting the VIN assigned according to:

I see plenty of wondering about VIN assignments relative to color and location, so I did some charts only considering recent data since 2/22...These are charts of the average # of days from configuration to VIN assignment

View attachment 293599 View attachment 293598

Some of these instant VINs seem like makeup or consolation for line waiters for being inadvertantly skipped during those rounds of invites. Elon replied to a tweet not long ago that he was surprised a line waiter in the US had not received an invite and said it would be fixed. Many of the recent, nearly instant, invite to VIN turn around times seem to be day one line waiters that should have been invited long ago. Is it possible Tesla is just prioritizing these people due to an issue that caused them to be skiped. Elon's response made it seem like all day one line waiters in the US should have received an invite well before last week.

Nice theory, but I still don't have a VIN...

Are you guys getting VINs by email or is it something to just lookup on the website (and if so, where) ?
i did not receive an email, but i did notice the added number on my tesla account page
That's the highest VIN I have seen reported and there aren't any 19xxx VIN in the spreadsheet.
ill enter my numbers into the spreadsheet
That's the highest VIN I have seen reported and there aren't any 19xxx VIN in the spreadsheet.
ill drop those numbers into the spreadsheet at lunch.