Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I promise to be extremely nice to my ISA... when I actually get to talk to one. :D
Anyway, the thing that I found curious about the email is that it says the delay was due to the fact that "In our last round of invitations to Model 3 reservation holders, we received an unusually high volume of orders". I'm skeptical of that explanation that the order rate increased significantly. I would bet that they either overestimated their ability to ramp up the build rate or they accidentally sent out too many invitations to configure.
Ontario may be a factor. A lot of us are ordering our M3 now rather than waiting for AWD or a standard battery because the projected winner of our June 7 provincial election will be eliminating our $14K rebate.

Reactions: ccutrer
I promise to be extremely nice to my ISA... when I actually get to talk to one. :D
Anyway, the thing that I found curious about the email is that it says the delay was due to the fact that "In our last round of invitations to Model 3 reservation holders, we received an unusually high volume of orders". I'm skeptical of that explanation that the order rate increased significantly. I would bet that they either overestimated their ability to ramp up the build rate or they accidentally sent out too many invitations to configure.
Following this google sheet from troy, Tesla Europe Registration Stats , url found in the feedback tab of troys Model 3 Invites #3 (Troy: There are a few identical files to avoid overcrowding), the phase out is triggered this quarter and the 7500$ will end on 30 sept 2018. I think there was a lot more invites in april, but none up till now in may, but together with the enddate of the 7500$, a lot of people who deferred up till now, will probably, begin configuring, adding to the ordering...

Following this google sheet from troy, Tesla Europe Registration Stats , url found in the feedback tab of troys Model 3 Invites #3 (Troy: There are a few identical files to avoid overcrowding), the phase out is triggered this quarter and the 7500$ will end on 30 sept 2018. I think there was a lot more invites in april, but none up till now in may, but together with the enddate of the 7500$, a lot of people who deferred up till now, will probably, begin configuring, adding to the ordering...

Troy's page needs to be updated. The 200k sales trigger has not happened yet and it is looking more and more likely that will not happen until July. If that is the case, the $7,500 credit end date will be 12/31/18 (and then will continue at reduced credits through 2019).