Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am an existing X owner, ordering a decked out P version 3 I'm pretty sure I was one of the very first people yesterday to notice the config options had changed and placed my order before anyone posted the news on reddit/ etc...

12/28/16 - reserved
9/20/17 - purchased Inventory Model X
2/14/18- invite
6/26/18 - config
6/27/18 - "edit design" disappeared

seems a little quick for my "edit design" button to disappear... but maybe they needed more Ps to put down the line and I got my order in first :-O
Page says "Delivery between Aug. '18 - Oct. '18", but do I dare get my hopes up for a July Delivery?
Well suck. I'm probably the first person that's apprehensive that I might get quick delivery. I'm a 3/31/16 in-store in the morning reservation, bought a new Model X delivered 6/24/16. I was invited sometime in January to configure, but knew I was waiting for AWD, and possibly perf. I finally pulled the trigger on 6/26 for a P + white (but not the 20" wheels), at ~10pm MDT. My edit design button is already gone. I'm hoping for October delivery to ease my finances since I have a home under construction that should be done September-Octoberish. We'll see what happens...

Well suck. I'm probably the first person that's apprehensive that I might get quick delivery. I'm a 3/31/16 in-store in the morning reservation, bought a new Model X delivered 6/24/16. I was invited sometime in January to configure, but knew I was waiting for AWD, and possibly perf. I finally pulled the trigger on 6/26 for a P + white (but not the 20" wheels), at ~10pm MDT. My edit design button is already gone. I'm hoping for October delivery to ease my finances since I have a home under construction that should be done September-Octoberish. We'll see what happens...
Oh wait, I'm blind! My Edit Design button IS still there. Phew! This is what happens when you switch between mobile and desktop and can't find it.

day 1 line waiter

4/?? invited
6/27 configured (yesterday)
6/28 VIN 402xx

Delivery won't be scheduled until finished getting financing squared away since in Texas you have to pay in full before they even ship the car to the state, apparently?

Assuming Dana1's 333xx vin rolled off the line 6/19 then that implies in the last ~10 days they've done something approaching 7k vehicles. Assuming in-order production, etc etc. Which would be almost 5k/week. However, I'm going to guess some things were not in order, and mine might still being built - though I can't edit anymore, I could yesterday and perhaps even earlier today, I'm not sure. Still, looks pretty good just from those two datapoints.

day 1 line waiter

4/?? invited
6/27 configured (yesterday)
6/28 VIN 402xx

Delivery won't be scheduled until finished getting financing squared away since in Texas you have to pay in full before they even ship the car to the state, apparently?

Assuming Dana1's 333xx vin rolled off the line 6/19 then that implies in the last ~10 days they've done something approaching 7k vehicles. Assuming in-order production, etc etc. Which would be almost 5k/week. However, I'm going to guess some things were not in order, and mine might still being built - though I can't edit anymore, I could yesterday and perhaps even earlier today, I'm not sure. Still, looks pretty good just from those two datapoints.
How do you know your VIN? Was it by email? I heard they stopped updating the my Tesla page

How do you know your VIN? Was it by email? I heard they stopped updating the my Tesla page

I have been told that it will be by email or phone. I am waiting for my ISA to call me. Apparently I won't get a call until the car is on its way to Littleton. The customer service rep could not see the VIN, only that the car had been built. Probably to get the impatient to stop calling :D

reserved online 4/4/16 non owner in new jersey was able to configure the other day with everyone else and today I got a call from Nevada! They said my MSM LR PUP model 3 would be ready for pick up next Friday. My original estimate was between September - November so it caught me a little off guard. Now I gotta hustle to set up insurance, finance the loan, get an outlet installed in the garage. But happy problems to have! My VIN is 26### and when I asked about the manufacture date he said he was guessing late may or early June.

Now I gotta hustle to set up insurance, finance the loan, get an outlet installed in the garage.
Depending on the length of your commute and the availability of Superchargers in your area, I wouldn't sweat getting the outlet installed before taking the car. If your commute isn't too long you can get by with 120V charging, and if it's borderline you can top off at a SC now and then.

That's what I'm going to do in the short term. I should be fine for daily driving on 120V (barely) and worst case scenario if I make a 5 minute detour on the way to work I can hit one of the SC's.

Our electrical panel needs replacing before I can add a circuit and that's $$$$ so waiting until we get a new roof before doing solar and going to roll in all the electrical upgrades into the solar work so we can take the 30% tax credit on it.

The rest though.. I feel ya.

Reactions: streetskooler
Hello,

My first post here, I've been reading through these threads since I ordered my model 3. Got a VIN assigned today and wanted to share my data.

Reservation: 3/31/16 @11pm PST
Invite: 4/18
Config: 5/20 - Blue/Aero, no EAP
5/22 - Changed to Black/19inch, no EAP
5/24 - Changed to Black/Aero, no EAP
6/2 - Changed back to Blue/Aero, no EAP
Placed a few orders for accessories - Wall connector, Sun shade and aero caps.
Completed delivery profile and no edit button
Changed Trade in to Yes few days ago to get Edit button back
Today, no Edit button(only see your RN was ordered and generic blue car), called Tesla and they gave me my VIN
6/28 - VIN assigned: 368xx

I have a question: How do I find out if this was a rejected/problem VIN?

I'm now waiting for ISA contact.

6/29: ISA contact with July 13th as delivery date.
I'm out of the country from the 12th and asked for an earlier date.
7/10: Delivery set by ISA