Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Virginia Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked the SA at Tysons about the battery drain - he said 1) the cars waiting for the part are stored in a deep hibernation mode that does not drain 1% per day and 2) they are able to charge them if needed, it's not fast and it's not something us non-tesla people can do, but they are keeping track and able to remedy. He told me my car was in the high 60% range, he was able to see it in the computer.
Great! Thanks for that.

Congrats! When was your order date/when did they assign your VIN? I have not heard anything yet -- trying not to get my hopes up.
My order date was 01/13/22. My VIN was assigned at the beginning of April. I received a text from Tyson's the last week of April that my car was being delivered and to start doing the rest of the app actions and to consider a delivery date. To the best of my knowledge the car arrived at Tyson's at the end of the first week of May or perhaps by the middle of the second week. FYI - according to website, Tesla owes me one cent and my financing still has the rate I was quoted in the first week of May. I'll post how all this goes on Saturday.

Now they're waiting for bolts? LoL.
I thought of trying what you did but at this point is seems very risky. Tesla is talking about not accepting any new orders. In one article I came across it seems they've been trying to convince people with long range orders to take delivery of a short range version. Something to do with production, batteries, etc. I'm going to have to wait it out but concern is now turning to battery drain sitting on the lot. The manual for Model Y says it averages 1% per day and if it goes to 0% it can damage other components. What a mess. LoL.
Battery drain for me is about 1% every 4 days with sentry mode off sitting in my garage. Not bad at all. Now if cabin over heat is on that’s a whole different story.

Hi guys, do we need to buy front license plate holders or Tesla provides one? My order date got moved from June 19 - July 2nd to July 22nd - August 26th, unsure if its because of the charge port stuff.
I was so excited because I was holding steady in the same June 19 - July 2 window (my 3rd two-week window) for close to a month and then last week I got pushed back to July 17 - August 21, no VIN. Ordered MSM on 9/11/2021. I'm now re-setting expectations and if I get it before 1 year has elapsed, I'll be surprised. I called the Tysons Mercedes dealership to inquire about the EQB because my Prius just had a part break on it that renders it pretty unusable (trunk latch) and it is a $1K replacement. We need a functioning car now so we are exploring some other options...this situation is just so frustrating.

I was so excited because I was holding steady in the same June 19 - July 2 window (my 3rd two-week window) for close to a month and then last week I got pushed back to July 17 - August 21, no VIN. Ordered MSM on 9/11/2021. I'm now re-setting expectations and if I get it before 1 year has elapsed, I'll be surprised. I called the Tysons Mercedes dealership to inquire about the EQB because my Prius just had a part break on it that renders it pretty unusable (trunk latch) and it is a $1K replacement. We need a functioning car now so we are exploring some other options...this situation is just so frustrating.
I actually got my VIN assigned yesterday and scheduled delivery for 21st.

Reactions: Rockfish
My order date was 01/13/22. My VIN was assigned at the beginning of April. I received a text from Tyson's the last week of April that my car was being delivered and to start doing the rest of the app actions and to consider a delivery date. To the best of my knowledge the car arrived at Tyson's at the end of the first week of May or perhaps by the middle of the second week. FYI - according to website, Tesla owes me one cent and my financing still has the rate I was quoted in the first week of May. I'll post how all this goes on Saturday.
PS looks like I’ll be at Tyson’s just before you today! Good luck with pickup!

PS looks like I’ll be at Tyson’s just before you today! Good luck with pickup!
DAMN! Mine went well - a lot of people but it was quick since I had all my paperwork completed. ENJOY.

Attachments

• Todd and Big Blue.jpeg
    Todd and Big Blue.jpeg
    225.6 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: NOVA-MYP