Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Virginia Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wait is over! I took delivery of a Black Model Y Performance this afternoon at the Tysons Corner location after 129 days from order to delivery. Overall the delivery process was smooth. I used plaid for the down payment and handed them a check from my credit union for the rest after inspecting the car.

During my inspection I didn't spot any paint issues nor did I find any panel gaps that bothered me. There was a few pieces of plastic here and there that needed to be removed but that didn't bother me much, I just removed them.

Since I ordered before the mobile charger announcement I was expecting the mobile charger to be included in the car, It was NOT. I had to go back into the delivery center to ask for the charger and they promptly supplied it after asking me my order date. For those of you waiting to take delivery don't forget to check for it!

In terms of features I have all of the latest goodies, AMD Ryzen, the new battery type, Michelin all seasons, double pane windows up front, and heated wipers. Sadly no mud flaps or PPF on the car.

The ride home was not harsh over the bumps but this wasn't an uber soft ride either (i.e. no air suspension on this car). I found it to be comfortable none the less especially given its a performance oriented car.

My wait is over! I took delivery of a Black Model Y Performance this afternoon at the Tysons Corner location after 129 days from order to delivery. Overall the delivery process was smooth. I used plaid for the down payment and handed them a check from my credit union for the rest after inspecting the car.

During my inspection I didn't spot any paint issues nor did I find any panel gaps that bothered me. There was a few pieces of plastic here and there that needed to be removed but that didn't bother me much, I just removed them.

Since I ordered before the mobile charger announcement I was expecting the mobile charger to be included in the car, It was NOT. I had to go back into the delivery center to ask for the charger and they promptly supplied it after asking me my order date. For those of you waiting to take delivery don't forget to check for it!

In terms of features I have all of the latest goodies, AMD Ryzen, the new battery type, Michelin all seasons, double pane windows up front, and heated wipers. Sadly no mud flaps or PPF on the car.

The ride home was not harsh over the bumps but this wasn't an uber soft ride either (i.e. no air suspension on this car). I found it to be comfortable none the less especially given its a performance oriented car.
What credit union did you use? I got approved at Everence for 1.99% but I live in the DC area and if there is a local credit union with a similar rate I'd rather use them.

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up about the mobile connector.

New battery type? Please explain.

Hey! Long time lurker, first time poster here.

OD: 7/14/2022
MYP, white on white, Tow, No FSD

EDD: Aug - Oct then updated to Oct - Dec
New EDD: Oct 3 - Nov 14

Question: how long do you guys forsee someone in my position waiting? I ask bc I really need a car now...