TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Vote for Tesla Motors

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by raynewman, May 13, 2016.

1. PJF000

PJF000 TOCA Member

2. MassModel3

MassModel3 Member

Full name, date of birth, email address, and where you live (name and zip code are all that's needed to find your street number) ???

That's a brilliant way to have your identity stolen!!! At the very least, be prepared to be bombarded by SPAM.

Seriously, folks, don't do this....

3. TesAus

TesAus Member

#4 TesAus, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 13, 2016
    Whilst I always fully support caution before giving away personal details I would hazard a guess that Australia Post already know where you live?

The awards are run by Australia Post and Star Track which is a parcel delivery service run by Australia Post.

***** added info*****

Whilst the web address looks a bit odd it is the page that you are sent to from the official Star track website.

I would note that the link is also for the business to register, not to vote for a company. Given that the awards would be aimed at businesses that use parcel delivery services I am not sure that Tesla really fits their intended pool of entrants?

4. raynewman

raynewman Member

Tesla have so far sent me various parts and a couple of power adaptors - the DHL guy knows me by now.
    Also, yes, Aust Post do know where I live.

5. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

I think voting here is gonna swell your spam box. They SELL data like this. Pure gold!!

6. paulp

paulp Member

Aust post seem to think I live next door to where I live

7. raynewman

raynewman Member

They know where I live but are loth to actually deliver anything for me there - took 12 months for one particular package but that's another story.

8. alpal

alpal Member

Aussie Post - ha! What an Australian failure of an organisation. The only company that with its enormous advantage with their postal monopolies failed to succeed and is now cutting back their delivery standards etc. ... haven't managed to adapt to the postal opportunities presented by the Internet phenomenon ... oh don't get me started! Used them in my business for over twenty five years - had to - what a nightmare.