Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WA State EV Sales Tax Exemption Updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a call from an ISA (things always happen just after you start to lose patience).

He said the car is still in production (odd as cars with VINs 2,500 past it are already up here in the parking lot). It "should" be ready as soon as the 17th, but the appointment was set for the 25th in Bellevue. (The 22nd and 23rd were booked, and the 24th only has 5pm left open. I didn't have him look for an earlier appointment; I am not in a hurry now that I know it arrive before the May 31 deadline).

Reactions: UZJedi
Friend got a call today re: delivery in Bellevue. Earliest appointment was 5p 5/26, next appointment was 5/29. (He didn't get any specific details of when the car would actually arrive, just an estimate of sometime that week)

So based on the speed with which they are filling up, I'd guess that if you don't get a delivery appointment set up by tomorrow or maybe Thursday, you might not get it before EOM. May be worth asking about a SoDo delivery.

Edit: Saw a post over at the main Tesla forums saying that when they called today, SoDo only had 5/31 openings available. So they might have to do larger group deliveries, or maybe pull a few all nighters :)

Last edited:
  • Helpful
I just got a call from an ISA (things always happen just after you start to lose patience).

He said the car is still in production (odd as cars with VINs 2,500 past it are already up here in the parking lot). It "should" be ready as soon as the 17th, but the appointment was set for the 25th in Bellevue. (The 22nd and 23rd were booked, and the 24th only has 5pm left open. I didn't have him look for an earlier appointment; I am not in a hurry now that I know it arrive before the May 31 deadline).

I would be worried if I were you being so close to the end of the month since they miss delivery dates all the time. They tried postponing my delivery a day before it was supposed to happen. My wife convinced them otherwise, we'll see if it worked ... today.

Friend got a call today re: delivery in Bellevue. Earliest appointment was 5p 5/26, next appointment was 5/29. (He didn't get any specific details of when the car would actually arrive, just an estimate of sometime that week)

So based on the speed with which they are filling up, I'd guess that if you don't get a delivery appointment set up by tomorrow or maybe Thursday, you might not get it before EOM. May be worth asking about a SoDo delivery.

Edit: Saw a post over at the main Tesla forums saying that when they called today, SoDo only had 5/31 openings available. So they might have to do larger group deliveries, or maybe pull a few all nighters :)

I just don't understand why on Earth the Bellevue delivery center only opens at 11 and goes until 5 or so, 5 days a week. WTF Tesla? You have hundreds of cars to deliver this month, put in a little effort.

I just don't understand why on Earth the Bellevue delivery center only opens at 11 and goes until 5 or so, 5 days a week. WTF Tesla? You have hundreds of cars to deliver this month, put in a little effort.
I don't think that's necessarily their operating hours. I was told by my ISA that they have three delivery blocks: 11am, 2pm, and 5pm. It's possible that they need the time in between to prepare the next round of deliveries. I agree that they'll probably need to add a day and/or another slot each day in order to keep up with the coming production increase.

Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
I don't think that's necessarily their operating hours. I was told by my ISA that they have three delivery blocks: 11am, 2pm, and 5pm. It's possible that they need the time in between to prepare the next round of deliveries. I agree that they'll probably need to add a day and/or another slot each day in order to keep up with the coming production increase.

I did the 2pm delivery window at Bellevue and was probably the last one to leave with my car. I think the three hour windows are about right. I did a long look over on the car, had to have them clean some adhesive stuff off of it (which took a while), go through all the paperwork, etc. with the delivery person, and then afterwards they brought the next round of cars inside for the 5pm delivery. I probably left there about 3:30 or 4pm and they still had about 4 cars to bring inside and prep for next delivery.

• Informative
I would be worried if I were you being so close to the end of the month since they miss delivery dates all the time. They tried postponing my delivery a day before it was supposed to happen. My wife convinced them otherwise, we'll see if it worked ... today.

When is your delivery ? Mine is set for this Friday 2 PM. Hopefully they won't miss it.

Last edited:

To follow up on this: I took delivery on Wednesday. During the delivery I called them up on this. They said they only deliver 5 days a week (no deliveries Sun, Mon) and only in those 3 slots (11AM, 2PM, 5PM). I asked the guy why they can't be more flexible this month so more people get delivery before the tax rebate ends, and the answer was that they also need to take a break from time to time.

Assuming the bottleneck is the delivery rate, that answer is still annoying and did not change my mind that they should be more flexible this month. They should start delivery on those two extra days, at least!

He did confirm this month they are delivering more cars than usual this month.

Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
To follow up on this: I took delivery on Wednesday. During the delivery I called them up on this. They said they only deliver 5 days a week (no deliveries Sun, Mon) and only in those 3 slots (11AM, 2PM, 5PM). I asked the guy why they can't be more flexible this month so more people get delivery before the tax rebate ends, and the answer was that they also need to take a break from time to time.

Assuming the bottleneck is the delivery rate, that answer is still annoying and did not change my mind that they should be more flexible this month. They should start delivery on those two extra days, at least!

He did confirm this month they are delivering more cars than usual this month.
I just got a call from the Bellevue service center asking if I'd like to move my delivery up sooner. One of the options was a 7:30pm slot on Friday. I asked and she confirmed that they had added those time slots recently. Seems like they are making some kind of effort.

Reactions: zmarty
I should say - Seattle metro area ones. If they sell one a month, they are unlikely to know much - but if they sell daily, they will know.

For many years, Leaf was the highest selling model of many local Nissan dealers here. So they have become very EV friendly (my nearest Nissan dealer has half a dozen QC stations).

I haven't seen many Bolts in Clark County, but Leafs are everywhere. I see more Leafs than Priuses these days. However, I think most EV buyers go to Oregon to get their EVs. I don't know if the Volt is available in Washington or not, but Oregon dealers had them a few years ago when Washington Chevy dealers didn't. I saw some around here that came from Oregon.

Electricity in Clark County is cheaper than Seattle ($0.08/KWH) so even though Clark Co is more conservative politically than King or Multnomah Counties, there are a lot of EVs and plug ins sold here because they are so cheap to feed.

When the Bolt became available we did go look at one at the Vancouver Chevy dealer. The saleswoman we got was very knowledgeable about the car and EVs in general. I don't know how much she knew about tax incentives beyond the federal one. We did discuss that briefly, but nothing about state taxes.

When I bought my S there was a WA sales tax holiday on any EV infrastructure install (I don't know if it's still there). My HPWC installation counted and I got the form from the state website. Both Tesla Portland and the installer from Tesla's recommended list were unaware of the tax holiday.

Reactions: pilotSteve
I got my 3 today. They were delivering 6 cars at a slot. Had a group orientation at 2 - and by 3 everyone was out. They had started prepping for the next batch.

Overall I should say the planning was good - they had the 6 cars lined up on black carpets, with the adopters & cable placed behind on a table. Had no issues with the car.

Reactions: PLUS EV and UZJedi
I just got a call from the Bellevue service center asking if I'd like to move my delivery up sooner. One of the options was a 7:30pm slot on Friday. I asked and she confirmed that they had added those time slots recently. Seems like they are making some kind of effort.

Same thing here. My appointment was on the 25th, but apparently my car is here now and they really want me to take it. Earlier slots were full, but they opened some new ones. I now pick it up at 5pm on Saturday the 19th. (7:30pm was also an option).

Is that your first contact with the local center?

Friend has delivery soon, trying to figure out the process. Everything done with the ISA so far, has a delivery date.