Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, successfully took delivery of my blue beauty "Rigel" today. Picked up with 11km on the clock, now at 121km.

Start with the bad.
  1. I have found three places where they missed peeling protective film.
  2. Rear right tyre was down from 42 psi to 37 psi.
  3. Drivers wing mirror would not adjust far enough out. I am tall, and like to have my mirrors so I can't see the side of the car.
The good:
  1. Car looks amazing
  2. Performance and handling are mind-blowing.
  3. Has bag hooks in the frunk.
  4. Ride and NVH are amazing for a car with 20" wheels. I was after our was going to be kidney destroying like an old Tommy Makinnen edition EVO Lancer. It is plush and very controlled instead.
  5. Everyone who has risen in it so far has been blown away.
Information
  1. Charge rate on UMC with 10A tail is 11km/h :)
  2. It was a bit tricky to find the delivery centre. It and the supercharger are tucked in deep in the commercial estate at 650 Church St.
IMG_20191212_165110.jpg

I love it!

So, successfully took delivery of my blue beauty "Rigel" today. Picked up with 11km on the clock, now at 121km.

Start with the bad.
  3. Drivers wing mirror would not adjust far enough out. I am tall, and like to have my mirrors so I can't see the side of the car.
The good:
  1. Car looks amazing
  4. Ride and NVH are amazing for a car with 20" wheels. I was after our was going to be kidney destroying like an old Tommy Makinnen edition EVO Lancer. It is plush and very controlled instead.
Information
  2. It was a bit tricky to find the delivery centre. It and the supercharger are tucked in deep in the commercial estate at 650 Church St.
View attachment 487383
I love it!
Looks amazing! So you have the Froot hooks... what about Froot mat?

Start with the bad.
The good:
  1. Car looks amazing
Information
View attachment 487383
I love it!
Don't you get that satisfaction peeling off those protective plastic?

And thank god for the flunk hooks.

Oh, congrats. All that waiting!

Tesla told me I'd "probably" get a call early this week with a delivery date & that didn't happen, at least they're being consistent...man I'll be pissed if I don't get this "September delivery" before Christmas.

So jealous of all you folks with your cars already! Can't wait for mine! :)
LOL at "being consistent".

Have you got a hidden VIN yet? If so in November, you will get your call soon.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Don't you get that satisfaction peeling off those protective plastic?

And thank god for the flunk hooks.

Oh, congrats. All that waiting!
Yes, very satisfying. I like to think that they missed a few pieces deliberately to give me the peeling pleasure.

I was always surprised that the froot hooks were supposed to be missing on 2020 cars. They are not exactly expensive.

Jealous of the white interior... looks amazing. But white interior is not going to be a happening thang for LR AWD in this country, so I just had to suck it up and get the black interior.

As to not being a professional YouTuber, the problem was holding your phone vertically rather than horizontally when taking the video. Many people consider that a video crime. Horizontal video, just like the shape of your TV set, is much preferred :)

I wanted white interior and long range too, but decided to suck it up by getting the P and white instead :)

Reactions: DavidRL