Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's hard to believe anything off the Brotonne Bridge is ready for delivery yet. The first containers wouldn't have cleared customs until the weekend, and Autonexus will be swamped. But in a few days, things will get interesting!

My SR+ left Port Botany on Monday afternoon. I've told Tesla I'm unavailable for pickup next Monday thru Wednesday, or the following Monday (non-negotiable work commitments). If I'm incredibly lucky, next Thursday or Friday might happen. But I'm kinda expecting sometime during the following week. 558 Teslas on the Brotonne Bridge was, umm, an unusually large shipment!

Last edited:
It's hard to believe anything off the Brotonne Bridge is ready for delivery yet. The first containers wouldn't have cleared customs until the weekend, and Autonexus will be swamped. But in a few days, things will get interesting!

My SR+ left Port Botany on Monday afternoon. I've told Tesla I'm unavailable for pickup next Monday thru Wednesday, or the following Monday (non-negotiable work commitments). If I'm incredibly lucky, next Thursday or Friday might happen. But I'm kinda expecting sometime during the following week. 558 Teslas on the Brotonne Bridge was, umm, an unusually large shipment!

I was watching this closely. It was fun to see the logistics. It took up to 4 days to exit the port from arrival - 144 containers to shift. It was interesting to see who got out first and last in the queue. Those early in the queue have started getting sms and calls depending on delivery location. Getting out Monday afternoon was not too bad. The first out were Sunday afternoon.

• Helpful
Reactions: PC__LoadLetter
Update on Brisbane - where i work happens to be about 2 minutes from the Tesla store and when i went for a walk this afternoon they were unloading a car carrier. Only saw three - 2 x White SR+ and 1 x Silver SR+, but i'm guessing there were more unloaded before I walked past.

I doubt one of them was mine but there'll be a few more lucky people over the next few days i'm guessing!
Brisbane is good like that. The cars are publicly accessible after arrival while waiting for final clean and detail.

For those that are concerned about Covid-19 affecting deliveries, this is what i've been notified of for my Friday PM delivery:

"Hi xxx,
In preparation for your upcoming delivery we would like to offer you an opportunity to elect for a no touch delivery experience. This allows you to have minimal contact with staff, we will have the vehicle ready for your collection and will sanitize the steering wheel, seat etc. for your comfort. We can then provide remote access to the vehicle and a phone walkthrough of your brand new Tesla. All that is required is access to your emails on your phone so that you can accept delivery before you leave. Please respond "YES" if this is something you would be interested in taking advantage of. Kind Regards,Tesla Delivery"

Reactions: Crustyman
For those that are concerned about Covid-19 affecting deliveries, this is what i've been notified of for my Friday PM delivery:

"Hi xxx,
In preparation for your upcoming delivery we would like to offer you an opportunity to elect for a no touch delivery experience. This allows you to have minimal contact with staff, we will have the vehicle ready for your collection and will sanitize the steering wheel, seat etc. for your comfort. We can then provide remote access to the vehicle and a phone walkthrough of your brand new Tesla. All that is required is access to your emails on your phone so that you can accept delivery before you leave. Please respond "YES" if this is something you would be interested in taking advantage of. Kind Regards,Tesla Delivery"

I got a SMS too but no options. Looks like tesla made a decision to not give people the option to elect but just mandated it.

I’m picking up my Brotonne Bridge SR+ on Saturday.

On Monday I got the SMS with web link to select a pickup time in Alexandria on Saturday, and I did so immediately.

Earlier today I got the SMS to confirm the pickup time and location, and I replied yes immediately.

They haven’t offered me a no contact pickup (yet). And I don’t care either way. If no contact makes them feel safer, that works for me too. But I won’t ask for it, or insist on it.

Reactions: Vostok and JasonV