Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
Invoice details for my White P3+, Black Int, for Richmond:
VIN: 5YJ3F7EC1LF4886XX
Build date 21/10/19

When Tesla called me recently they estimated a delivery date around 25 Dec(!), and then said that probably means early Jan in reality.
I really hope it sneaks in before the end of the year as it will suck to buy fuel for holiday road trips...and to be stuck in the past.
The 4886XX VIN range seems to be spread across 3 or 4 ships, so it's hard to tell what's likely.

Just got back from a scouting mission walk through Cremorne and found the secret Tesla prep warehouse.

If you're expecting a Melbourne delivery in the next 1-2 weeks this could be your car. If not, enjoy the pics!

View media item 120664View media item 120663View media item 120662View media item 120661View media item 120660View media item 120659

the white labels are in when the cars first arrive from Autonexus and any writing on the windscreen convey information. The labels can verify the ship and of course all the cars have vin numbers I can track.

Hi all,
Invoice details for my White P3+, Black Int, for Richmond:
VIN: 5YJ3F7EC1LF4886XX
Build date 21/10/19

When Tesla called me recently they estimated a delivery date around 25 Dec(!), and then said that probably means early Jan in reality.
I really hope it sneaks in before the end of the year as it will suck to buy fuel for holiday road trips...and to be stuck in the past.
The 4886XX VIN range seems to be spread across 3 or 4 ships, so it's hard to tell what's likely.

I would expect this car before Xmas for Richmond.

I will follow the instructions Tesla provided in the email, and not pay until a delivery appointment has been set.

I’m not worried about the 72 hour thing. As long as Tesla can see the money in their account I don’t see why they would not deliver the car. Settlement times for electronic bank transfers have mostly been fixed up over the past year due to reforms adopted by the banks in response to ACCC investigations. I generally find transfers from one bank to another occur the same day provided the transfer is initiated before about 3pm. Smaller transfers seem to happen quicker than larger ones, so maybe additional checks are done the larger the amount.

In any event, I will need to initiate the transfer from a bank branch, since paying the balance will massively exceed all transfer limits on my account. I don’t know if that makes any difference to processing times.
You can view the source of your “manage page” and see if they can see your payments in their system. I can see each of my payments in the page code show up with the clearance date.

Hello,

First time poster.

I placed my order on 1st November for a White Model 3 LR.

I have been assigned a VIN of: 5YJ3F7EB0LF5190XX, which looks like it's on 1 of 2 ships?

Have heard nothing from Tesla since I ordered so I gave them a call this morning and they said not to expect it before the end of the year.

• Informative
Reactions: DavidRL
Just got back from a scouting mission walk through Cremorne and found the secret Tesla prep warehouse.

If you're expecting a Melbourne delivery in the next 1-2 weeks this could be your car. If not, enjoy the pics!
Nice pics!!! Did you see any red/white cars there? I couldn't see one in the pics but maybe you saw one on your walk through? I have the invoice but no delivery date yet, so maybe my car wasn't there :(

Just missed my delivery call (for my 'August' delivery). Received an email immediately afterwards scheduling me in for 9th December at Alexandria.

That works out to be the 130th August. And will be 1343 days since reserving and 188 days since ordering.

Now to sort out insurance...

P3+ MSM / Black. VIN 5YJ3F7EC3LF4617XX. Arrived on Synergy Keelung.
If you beat my wait time you win a prize.

I'm with you on this, it benefits Tesla to get these cars out and delivered ASAP and if people start actually rejecting banged up cars they'll need to change their ways. I said the same thing on the main thread (that I won't accept the car if it has defects) and got told I was "tough talking" and other crap like that...Each to their own but I don't think we should be accepting & rewarding Tesla's shitty behavior.

I will flatly out right walk away from a damaged car delivery, even it means requesting a full refund. If this turns out to be a test case here on the forum, I will be happy to post how the refund process goes for me. I am not lowering the Australian new car acceptance standard below what I have experienced from every other manufacturer, just because it is a “Tesla”. I have had the finger over the cancel button a number of times, due 5 months of no customer service, the performance wheels not being what I ordered, and surmise that I am closer to the last straw, then most here.

Last edited:
Just missed my delivery call (for my 'August' delivery). Received an email immediately afterwards scheduling me in for 9th December at Alexandria.

That works out to be the 130th August. And will be 1343 days since reserving and 188 days since ordering.

Now to sort out insurance...

P3+ MSM / Black. VIN 5YJ3F7EC3LF4617XX. Arrived on Synergy Keelung.

I got the same message for the same date, but my wait has been much shorter. I ordered my LR AWD on 19 September. It's a few days earlier than I thought it would be though given I think it's still at sea until Sunday.

My time to exit the wailing wall crowd grows ever nearer... In the last two weeks I have

a) received a hidden VIN
b) received a follow up call from Tesla (ever so helpful - seriously!)
c) Had all my minor issues and changes pre-delivery dealt with speedily (very grateful to Jethro Dean and the delivery crew in Melbourne)
d) Received my invoice today (Gulp- now I have to arrange and pay the money!!)

It's all very real for me - after more than two years waiting its now so close I can taste it!! My Blue / White P3+ is in the country and unloaded, but now needs to be checked in Sydney or Melbourne or wherever it is, get loaded onto a Truck or Ship - and transported to Perth!!!

Have to change my avatar soon from a mad rabbit on a bike, to a mad rabbit in a Tesla.
(and also overcome this wild desire I have to now put a deposit down for a performance Cybertrkk!)

cheers all, have a great weekend!

I got the same message for the same date, but my wait has been much shorter. I ordered my LR AWD on 19 September. It's a few days earlier than I thought it would be though given I think it's still at sea until Sunday.
That seems highly optimistic to me... that would mean your car coming off the ANL Tongala, getting through customs, being trucked to Alexandria, nothing wrong being found with it, and being prepped for delivery in just 5 working days!

What colour LR AWD did you get? :) My LR AWD is on the same boat, white.

Just missed my delivery call (for my 'August' delivery). Received an email immediately afterwards scheduling me in for 9th December at Alexandria. That works out to be the 130th August. And will be 1343 days since reserving and 188 days since ordering.
If my car is magically delivered on the 9th, it would be 1349 days after my reservation, but only 50 days after ordering.