Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wailing has been quieting down, of late. Me, No invoice, no update to email stating expect DEC16-31st delivery. Would seem unlikely for me, with public holidays, based on everyone else’s stated lead time of invoice/ delivery notice(weeks / 5-10 days). Wonder when I will get my new estimated delivery window, my fifth? Wonder when they let you know if your car has issues?

There are a few hundred being delivered between now and the 31st. Debussy cars have not yet started being delivered.

• Informative
Reactions: Electro664
In the “olden days” (i.e. last year) EFTs between banks used to take up to 2 days for reasons best known to themselves. The big banks have progressively implemented their “fast payments” platform since then and I’ve found interbank payments now happen the same day. So I think you’ll be fine, especially if you make the transfer before 3pm.

I did my “test” payment lunchtime Thursday and the payment was visible in my “Manage” page HTML on Friday. I didn’t think to check Thu night so it may have happened even sooner.

@Vostok. These "Fast Payments" of which you speak are amazing...

I had one payment scheduled for each of Saturday (14th), Sunday (15th) and today (16th). All three payments are showing up in the source code of my "Manage" page and all three are showing with a transaction date of the 15th. Apparently I paid one of them before the money came out of my account - now that's FAST.

Just another confirmation that I have no idea what goes on in the world of banking (and Tesla).

Anyway, all looking good for Thursday pickup. Anyone else going to be at Richmond around 5pm?

I am booked for 12pm tomorrow in Fortitude Valley for my M3P. Interesting my VIN showed up on the QLD rego search site tonight, unfortunately although it has the infamous 2020 model 'L" desigination in the VIN it is displaying as a '2019 TESLA MODEL 3 SEDAN'. I was really hoping it would be listed as 2020 for later resale but alas... I wonder when the app might start connecting to the car...

Reactions: MonicaPlease
There are a few hundred being delivered between now and the 31st. Debussy cars have not yet started being delivered.
No delivery date for me yet. Another day, another no call, and a bunch more pics of M3P+ deliveries on Facebook. Given I ordered nearly 6 months ago, what’s another missed end of quarter push :(

Wailing complete for those that were worried it was getting quite!

Reactions: HappyPEJ
No delivery date for me yet. Another day, another no call, and a bunch more pics of M3P+ deliveries on Facebook. Given I ordered nearly 6 months ago, what’s another missed end of quarter push :(

Wailing complete for those that were worried it was getting quite!

I can empathize with you on this, I'm in the same boat (well, technically my car was on Debussy, so it was not on the same boat as your's, but you get what I mean).

• Funny
Reactions: Vostok and Sparty93
@Vostok. These "Fast Payments" of which you speak are amazing...

I had one payment scheduled for each of Saturday (14th), Sunday (15th) and today (16th). All three payments are showing up in the source code of my "Manage" page and all three are showing with a transaction date of the 15th. Apparently I paid one of them before the money came out of my account - now that's FAST.
Yep, ha ha. The dates in your “manage” page are in Californian time, so can be up to a day ahead :D

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Interesting my VIN showed up on the QLD rego search site tonight, unfortunately although it has the infamous 2020 model 'L" desigination in the VIN it is displaying as a '2019 TESLA MODEL 3 SEDAN'. I was really hoping it would be listed as 2020 for later resale
Who buys a Tesla and thinks about resale? :D:p
In any event, an educated Tesla buyer will decode the VIN and know it’s 2020 model year!

Who buys a Tesla and thinks about resale? :D:p
In any event, an educated Tesla buyer will decode the VIN and know it’s 2020 model year!

My feeling is the "2020" model year is more a Tesla marketing ploy
If it's built in 2019 then its a 2019 model as I have seen mine listed as on the rego papers.
The only reference I find to the car being a 2020 model is on the Tesla invoice. How many people would be able to decode a VIN and pick out that 'L' means 2020 model?

I picked up my red LR a couple hours after you, and saw your car at the Detailing Studio. Maybe I'll see you on Friday afternoon when they're both looking schmick (er).

I hope I do catch you there now. Can't wait for Friday as I only got to drive it 13km after picking it up, still had a grin a mile wide! What are you getting done? I am lined up for their package deal of front half PPF, full ceramic coat interior and exterior and tint. Guys there are really nice and volunteered to have it fully charged at pickup for me. :)

Attachments

• 20191217_131616.jpg
    20191217_131616.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: straw_man
What are you getting done? I am lined up for their package deal of front half PPF, full ceramic coat interior and exterior and tint.

You actually did me a favour there. I went for the same PPF/ceramic package, but was holding off on the tint. Copped some serious sun through the driver's window on the way over and asked Rob if I could book it in after Christmas to do the tint as well. But because the tinter is there doing yours anyway, I get to do mine right now too!

The limited opportunities in peak-hour traffic I had to test out the acceleration had me giggling like a little girl. Can't wait to give it a real go.

You actually did me a favour there. I went for the same PPF/ceramic package, but was holding off on the tint. Copped some serious sun through the driver's window on the way over and asked Rob if I could book it in after Christmas to do the tint as well. But because the tinter is there doing yours anyway, I get to do mine right now too!

The limited opportunities in peak-hour traffic I had to test out the acceleration had me giggling like a little girl. Can't wait to give it a real go.
Haha, hilarious. Exactly the same for me. Calibration only completed on the Gateway bridge so could only test autopilot for about 1km. Very keen to test that out more over the weekend, particularly as I pulled the trigger on FSD only a few minutes ago. But yeah.. the performance... I was giggling like a little school girl lol.