Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have finally graduated the club.
Absolutely loving the car definitely glad I bought it especially the Performance which is just mindblowing.

Hold in there guys and you'll soon be loving it too.
Once its delivered all the pain just goes away, its like therapy but.. more expensive...

I will officially graduate from this thread at 5pm tomorrow. But will hang around as alumni.

My daughter and I will take public transport in together for the delivery. She tells me it is T minus 18 hours and 53 minutes (and counting).

Not sure how well I will be able to concentrate on work tomorrow.

Reactions: TASKA9
I will officially graduate from this thread at 5pm tomorrow. But will hang around as alumni.

My daughter and I will take public transport in together for the delivery. She tells me it is T minus 18 hours and 53 minutes (and counting).

Not sure how well I will be able to concentrate on work tomorrow.
Yep, one more day of work for me and then just one more sleep until I get my T. So excited and really can’t believe after following Tesla since pre Elon I can finally afford to live the dream, not just think it.

When I said work tomorrow, I’m pretty sure it will just be dreaming of tomorrow. Ah well, I worked hard the other 200+ days, what’s a day!

Well the universe spoke. I got my delivery date!!! Dec. 22 @ 1pm - Richmond. Also via txt.

Awesome! That's pretty short notice, and gives me some hope as well. So exciting & painful in equal measure seeing all the other deliveries, whilst Tesla Melbourne Delivery can't tell me anything. Also painful seeing those P3+ sitting in inventory, but I think they are in Bris(?)
A couple of days left...c'mon phone, ring, or beep!

Awesome! That's pretty short notice, and gives me some hope as well. So exciting & painful in equal measure seeing all the other deliveries, whilst Tesla Melbourne Delivery can't tell me anything. Also painful seeing those P3+ sitting in inventory, but I think they are in Bris(?)
A couple of days left...c'mon phone, ring, or beep!
Yeah, came out of nowhere! I was expecting a call so was on high alert. Was in a meeting this afternoon and phone was going crazy with texts between my family about when to see Star Wars so was not paying attention. Maybe 1/2 hour after meeting ended I glanced at my txts and saw - “Your Model 3 is ready to be scheduled for delivery! Select an available delivery appointment now at tesla.com/xxx. Please note we are unable to accept cheques.”

Boom. This Sunday. It was all over on seconds! Now I am scrambling to get funding and insurance all sorted by Friday as obviously nothing going to happen over the weekend.

Last edited:
As I mentioned previously I, we, were going straight from Sydney International airport to pick up the Model 3.
Of course the plane was 1 hour late. Tesla rang me just as I was going through the passport scanning process.
No worries, see you when you get here. Car was flawless. SR+ white.
Car is as expected in many ways, but much better in others. Brake use is almost non existent.
Drove to Canberra and back without range anxiety. Could listen to a podcast at 110 kmh without the volume at high levels.
So smooth and quiet, no stress driving.
Called the car Eve after the robot in Wall-E.
In case you haven't seen Wall-E here is a description:
EVE (Extraterrestrial Vegetation Evaluator; which WALL-E pronounces Eva), a sleek white robot probe whose directive is to locate vegetation on Earth and verify habitability. She has a glossy white egg-shaped body and blue LED eyes. She moves using antigravity technology and is equipped with scanners, specimen storage and a "quasar ion cannon" in her arm, which she is quick to use.
Sounds like a Model 3.
Now that I have my Tesla I will post on other forums.
Good luck to all those still waiting.

Just walked past the secret Tesla warehouse in Cremorne and it is stuffed full of M3s.

Melbourne deliveries all set to go boom right before Christmas.
One less car in there because of me.

Glycol was delivered today. So much fun. 100 kms so far this evening with fam and friends. (Hence the late post).

So I have officially graduated from this forum. Thanks everyone for the company and support and best wishes to those who are still waiting.

Yeah, came out of nowhere! I was expecting a call so was on high alert. Was in a meeting this afternoon and phone was going crazy with texts between my family about when to see Star Wars so was not paying attention. Maybe 1/2 hour after meeting ended I glanced at my txts and saw - “Your Model 3 is ready to be scheduled for delivery! Select an available delivery appointment now at tesla.com/xxx. Please note we are unable to accept cheques.”

Boom. This Sunday. It was all over on seconds! Now I am scrambling to get funding and insurance all sorted by Friday as obviously nothing going to happen over the weekend.

Hooray, me too with a late afternoon text! There must be a delivery storm going on. I was in the middle of taking the kids past the Myer windows Christmas display. Somewhat distracting trying to arrange a delivery time whilst showing interest in the motorised gumnut babies in the windows. Monday at 1:30 for me.
For anyone still without a delivery appointment, I reckon there's a good chance it will happen at short notice. I was originally told most likely January, so things are obviously moving well for Tesla this time.

• Love
Reactions: TASKA9 and Sparty93
Had to organise cashflow under such short notice so I just did the transfer today at 2:00pm, will the money appear on Tesla's account before Sunday? Will I be able to pick up the car using transfer receipts? Thanks

Send a copy of the transfer money amounts via email to the delivery email address for Tesla in Melbourne, and ask them to reply that they can see the documents you have provided ,then they will most likely email back yes come at your appointed time.
Hope that helps

Reactions: Lorrenzo