Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : April 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think what happens on these forums (people rejecting due to hw3) is representative of the thousands per week tesla is selling in the US. I would wager that most buyers will not care about HW4 vs HW3 as the car drives/works the same. Coordinating trade-in, end of lease vehicles, financing etc most buyers need the vehicle when it arrives. According to this site ATM there are 119 new model y's in inventory across the entire US.

We fit the leasing/trade-in timing group. Ordered our 2023 MYP on a date that I estimated would deliver around the time we needed it so we wouldn’t have too much of a layover with no car.

It all ended up working out. Turned our 2021 LR in last Thursday, picked up the new car yesterday. I had the chance to see the car fresh off the truck on Thursday. Fully expected HW3 due to the VIN. Similar to all of the changes occurring when we took delivery of our first Y two years ago, we never thought about rejecting or delaying.

The store cleared the deck of Model Y deliveries while we were there yesterday. Didn’t appear to be anyone rejecting, most were taking photos of each other or families in front of their new cars. 👍

Reactions: CyberCruiser
MYLR MSM/Black tow 19"
4/13 OD
5/21 VIN assigned
5/28 Delivery scheduled for 6/3
6/3 Delivery

Took delivery yesterday with no major issues. Mine came with HW3, Matrix Headlights, front mud flaps, rear door PPF, front and rear passenger carpet floor mats. It was delivered with 84% charge and SW 2023.12.100.

Here are the minor issues I already scheduled service for:
The lower part of the tailgate seal not positioned correctly on the passenger side. It looks kind of folded over on that side like it wasn't seated all the way or is deformed.
The passenger-front interior b-pillar rubber trim is bulging/wrinkled right at the transition from hard plastic to fabric.
Frunk lid alignment - it's positioned too far to the left resulting in a much wider gap on the right.

Issues I won't bother with service for:
Very light scratches on the top of the tailgate. They aren't even noticeable until the car gets dusty.
A couple very small paint imperfections - small specks/bumps in the paint.

I had a small problem where the charge port wouldn't open when pressing the button on the supercharger or mobile connector handle. Pressing the charge port door worked fine to open it. The problem was resolved by selecting 'power off', waiting 2 minutes then letting the car boot back up. 🤷‍♂️

In all, very satisfied. I tested out the local v3 supercharger after putting almost 150 miles on it and collecting some bugs and bird poop.

IMG_0873.jpg

We fit the leasing/trade-in timing group. Ordered our 2023 MYP on a date that I estimated would deliver around the time we needed it so we wouldn’t have too much of a layover with no car.

It all ended up working out. Turned our 2021 LR in last Thursday, picked up the new car yesterday. I had the chance to see the car fresh off the truck on Thursday. Fully expected HW3 due to the VIN. Similar to all of the changes occurring when we took delivery of our first Y two years ago, we never thought about rejecting or delaying.

The store cleared the deck of Model Y deliveries while we were there yesterday. Didn’t appear to be anyone rejecting, most were taking photos of each other or families in front of their new cars. 👍
Same here. Picked up my FIRST Tesla Model Y Friday fully knowing it would be HW3. No issues, and we love it!

Boston, Massachusetts
MYLR
White / black interior
19" Gemini wheels
Order date: 4/20
EDD1: April- June
EDD2: 6/6 - 6/30
VIN Assigned 5/21
EDD3: 5/30-6/8
Delivery day: 6/5
SA Reached out 5/30 that car has arrived at Peabody and can pick up 5/31
Picked up 6/3 Austin Built 7SAYGDEEPA124xxx HW3, No matrix headlights.
No panel gap issues, some are "tighter" like around the headlights to the front bumper panels but overall no complaints.
Once I got home, I bumped the rear window glass by accident and noticed it wasn't tight, like it shakes more than usual. Scheduled mobile service to come fix.
Since my original appraisal was over 30 days, I got offered additional $700 and I added another 800 miles to the car.
Very happy with the process, didn't feel rushed.

MYLR MSM/Black tow 19"
4/13 OD
5/21 VIN assigned
5/28 Delivery scheduled for 6/3
6/3 Delivery

Took delivery yesterday with no major issues. Mine came with HW3, Matrix Headlights, front mud flaps, rear door PPF, front and rear passenger carpet floor mats. It was delivered with 84% charge and SW 2023.12.100.

Here are the minor issues I already scheduled service for:
The lower part of the tailgate seal not positioned correctly on the passenger side. It looks kind of folded over on that side like it wasn't seated all the way or is deformed.
The passenger-front interior b-pillar rubber trim is bulging/wrinkled right at the transition from hard plastic to fabric.
Frunk lid alignment - it's positioned too far to the left resulting in a much wider gap on the right.

Issues I won't bother with service for:
Very light scratches on the top of the tailgate. They aren't even noticeable until the car gets dusty.
A couple very small paint imperfections - small specks/bumps in the paint.

I had a small problem where the charge port wouldn't open when pressing the button on the supercharger or mobile connector handle. Pressing the charge port door worked fine to open it. The problem was resolved by selecting 'power off', waiting 2 minutes then letting the car boot back up. 🤷‍♂️

In all, very satisfied. I tested out the local v3 supercharger after putting almost 150 miles on it and collecting some bugs and bird poop.

View attachment 943802
How do you know if it has rear door PPF? We have the exact same spec, picked up May 14.

I can see the triangle of clear film on the lower rear corners of the rear doors. It may be a regional thing.
Yeah, my Fremont built and MI delivered MY had no film on that area.
On my very first day getting home after a 10mile interstate driving I saw that my paint was damaged there...
(car came with front mud flaps attached)

If that part is this easily damaged Tesla should apply PPF for all delivered MYs and not based on region in my opinion.
IMG_0326.JPG

Last edited:
On my very first day getting home after a 10mile interstate driving I saw that my paint was damaged there...

If that part is this easily damaged Tesla should apply PPF for all delivered MYs and not based on region in my opinion.
View attachment 944121
I completely agree! I'm not sure whether these small PPF applications are done at the factory or at the service center. Regardless, it seems like a cheap way to prevent paint damage in those areas.

Since it was immediately after delivery were you able to have Tesla address it for free with a service request? As far as the service center is concerned, that could have happened during transport. The service center gave me 3 days or 100 miles to make a request to address minor fit and finish issues for free.

View attachment 944121
So this paint chip damage was not there during delivery and happened in the 10 miles you drove ?

I completely agree! I'm not sure whether these small PPF applications are done at the factory or at the service center. Regardless, it seems like a cheap way to prevent paint damage in those areas.

Since it was immediately after delivery were you able to have Tesla address it for free with a service request? As far as the service center is concerned, that could have happened during transport. The service center gave me 3 days or 100 miles to make a request to address minor fit and finish issues for free.
Yeah I have set up a service appointment (had an other issue paralel).
Will see how they decide about it.

Reactions: eleven_brews
Just a quick update - had really minor interior issues and one small exterior issue (loose sun visor, trim on driver handle thread being a little exposed in the middle, cable under seat loose, rear tail light a little protruding) all issues I found being as meticulous as possible and honestly wouldn’t have minded if they said it was within spec. The service tech came out and fixed everything perfectly and even provided a brand new trunk cover since the material was a little frayed. He even aligned the back door that he said could be even more level which I hadn’t even noticed. Then adjusted the trunk very slightly as well. Was super impressed with how flawless everything looks and the level of expertise, I know not everyone’s experience, but hopefully you all can have similar experiences if you need something fixed!

Oklahoma
MYP Red w/B&W interior
OD: April 30
EDD: May 2023
EDD2 given on May 10: May 23 - June 20
EDD3 given on May 23: June 10 - June 19
VIN also provided on May 23

Update on May 26: Delivery location changed from my house in central Oklahoma to Kansas City at my request (vacation schedule conflict with the home delivery window). SA said it's scheduled to arrive in Kansas City on June 4th. Up until today my delivery window still stated June 10-19th (again, this accounted for being dropped off in Kansas City and then loaded on a truck to be delivered to Oklahoma).

Update on May 28: Delivery window is completely gone. VIN remains unchanged.

EDD4 given on May 31: June 1 - June 10

DD scheduled on June 1 for June 9th!!

Update given on June 2: Hi Ricky, we've just received an update that the Model Y assigned to your order will not make it to your delivery center. We are actively working with our factory team to build you a new Model Y as soon as possible. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience and will provide you with an update once we have a new Model Y assigned to your order.

EDD5: June 2 - June 11.

I received a text that I've been placed on a priority list.

I'm not sure what exactly that means as far as expected turnaround time, but I guess it's good to get moved to the front of the line in this situation.

My app still shows a delivery date of June 2 - June 11, lol.

I received a text that I've been placed on a priority list.

I'm not sure what exactly that means as far as expected turnaround time, but I guess it's good to get moved to the front of the line in this situation.

My app still shows a delivery date of June 2 - June 11, lol.

Wish Tesla would text me news that I have been placed on priority list. Ordered Red LRAWD with white interior, 5 seat with tow on 03/22. Appears that the performance models are getting higher priority. On a positive note I am more likely to get HW4. This morning they moved the EDD from June 24 - june 30 up to June 15 - June 29 on the App. Hope that means I will be soon getting the VIN?

Me again with an update. Sorry, but my posts are becoming novels. I'll try to clean this up a bit.

Oklahoma
MYP Red w/B&W interior
OD: April 30
EDD: May 2023
EDD2 given on May 10: May 23 - June 20
EDD3 given on May 23: June 10 - June 19
VIN also provided on May 23
EDD4 given on May 31: June 1 - June 10
Delivery scheduled on June 1 for June 9
VIN retracted on June 2 (see updates below)
EDD6 given on June 2: June 2 - June 11
EDD7 given on June 5: June 11 - June 25
No new VIN assigned yet

Update given on June 2 via text: Hi Ricky, we've just received an update that the Model Y assigned to your order will not make it to your delivery center. We are actively working with our factory team to build you a new Model Y as soon as possible. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience and will provide you with an update once we have a new Model Y assigned to your order.

Update given on June 5 via text: Good Morning Ricky, you have been prioritized to receive a new VIN as soon as possible.

Reactions: retbesla
Wish Tesla would text me news that I have been placed on priority list. Ordered Red LRAWD with white interior, 5 seat with tow on 03/22. Appears that the performance models are getting higher priority. On a positive note I am more likely to get HW4. This morning they moved the EDD from June 24 - june 30 up to June 15 - June 29 on the App. Hope that means I will be soon getting the VIN?

That definitely seems like good news! This is my first Tesla so I'm not sure how it works and considering that my current experience isn't the norm, I REALLY can't say for certain it's good news, but it definitely seems that way.

Good luck!

Picked up my MYLR yesterday in Paramus, NJ! It was a long day getting there from NH and driving back but the car is awesome!

The Paramus center was a total zoo with a packed parking lot and tons of people when I got there. I was an hour early and my car wasn't outside ready and waiting - I saw them driving new, hubcap-less ones into the service center and parking them in the lot a short time later so they were spending very little time prepping them, maybe 30 minutes to wash, remove protective plastic, etc.

Glass and gaps and were nearly perfect on mine, only one area where the passenger side rear bumper meets the rear quarter panel that seems close to me but I didn't ask them to address it. One employee came out and looked at the gaps with me and used this measuring tool and he said mine was the best he'd seen gap-wise but who knows if they tell everyone that just to make you feel good! There were several dots on the paint on the driver's side that looked like rock chips to me, but a super helpful employee got one of the detailing techs to come out and he was able to buff them out (he thinks it was paint overspray).

It's a beauty and was a total pleasure to drive home. They gave it to me with a 72% charge. Needed one supercharger stop that cost $15 on the way home. Have a PPF appointment next week (earliest available with the company I chose) and today is all about blowing off work (from home) to install all the accessories I got and play with the settings 😇

Well got the news I was hoping for. The message to set up my delivery. The day will be June 19. I had been given a window from 6/17-6/24. I could have picked it up on the 17th but I decided on the 19th since it is a state holiday and I am off and I need a ride over to Norfolk to pick it up. OD was 4/12. For those out there still waiting I hope it is a short one for you. MYLR, Blue, Black and White interior, 5 seat, 19" wheels.

Picked up my MYLR yesterday in Paramus, NJ! It was a long day getting there from NH and driving back but the car is awesome!

The Paramus center was a total zoo with a packed parking lot and tons of people when I got there. I was an hour early and my car wasn't outside ready and waiting - I saw them driving new, hubcap-less ones into the service center and parking them in the lot a short time later so they were spending very little time prepping them, maybe 30 minutes to wash, remove protective plastic, etc.

Glass and gaps and were nearly perfect on mine, only one area where the passenger side rear bumper meets the rear quarter panel that seems close to me but I didn't ask them to address it. One employee came out and looked at the gaps with me and used this measuring tool and he said mine was the best he'd seen gap-wise but who knows if they tell everyone that just to make you feel good! There were several dots on the paint on the driver's side that looked like rock chips to me, but a super helpful employee got one of the detailing techs to come out and he was able to buff them out (he thinks it was paint overspray).

It's a beauty and was a total pleasure to drive home. They gave it to me with a 72% charge. Needed one supercharger stop that cost $15 on the way home. Have a PPF appointment next week (earliest available with the company I chose) and today is all about blowing off work (from home) to install all the accessories I got and play with the settings 😇
I can't blame you for wanting to blow off work. I also work from home and it's hard to not just sit in the car and play around with it! I'm still waiting on my L2 EVSE install. L1 @ 12a (15a circuit) is PAINFULLY slow and inefficient. My electrician has me on the schedule for next week and will be installing a 100a sub panel and a 240v 60a circuit for the Tesla Wall Connector in my garage.

One thing I didn't really mention in my previous message, but was reminded of by yours, was my delivery experience. I arrived at the Maplewood, MN SC about 5 minutes after my scheduled time. The car was ready and parked in front of the SC entrance when I got there. The rep I had been working with opened it for me so I could inspect it prior to accepting delivery. After looking it over and noting some minor issues, I accepted delivery in the app, signed the state registration application paperwork and was on my way. This all took about 10 minutes. I literally spent more time sitting there adjusting the settings in the car than the delivery took. If this were at a Toyota Dealership, it would have taken hours and I would have been pressured to buy maintenance plans, extended warranties, a GAP policy and accessories. Easily the smoothest, fastest new vehicle delivery I've experienced.