Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : April 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oklahoma
MYP Red w/B&W interior
OD: April 30
EDD: May 2023
EDD2 given on May 10: May 23 - June 20
EDD3 given on May 23: June 10 - June 19
VIN also provided on May 23

Update on May 26: Delivery location changed from my house in central Oklahoma to Kansas City at my request (vacation schedule conflict with the home delivery window). SA said it's scheduled to arrive in Kansas City on June 4th. Up until today my delivery window still stated June 10-19th (again, this accounted for being dropped off in Kansas City and then loaded on a truck to be delivered to Oklahoma).

Update on May 28: Delivery window is completely gone. VIN remains unchanged.

EDD4 given on May 31: June 1 - June 10

DD scheduled on June 1 for June 9th!!

Update given on June 2: Hi Ricky, we've just received an update that the Model Y assigned to your order will not make it to your delivery center. We are actively working with our factory team to build you a new Model Y as soon as possible. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience and will provide you with an update once we have a new Model Y assigned to your order.

EDD5: June 2 - June 11

Picked up MYP today after rejecting delivery yesterday because of rear door latch issue. They called me and said car is ready to pick up. Guess what, they didn’t fix the issue….When I asked the person who is in charge for delivery said famous Tesla phase “with in Tesla specifications.” After I showed him again other 3 doors and another vehicle next to mine, he finally agreed that needs attention. He asked me to accept the delivery and schedule for appointment, which I did. So, Tesla met my expectations about delivery and service, which is SUCKS!!!
Overall I love my new car, yes it has HW3 and I am not anal about it.
There is a huge difference when it comes to built quality with German rivals like BMW, Mercedes or Audi, but issues are not related to quality control, just the way how this vehicle engineered. You can see all the Metal to metal connection points, they are not smooth or hidden like BMW or Mercedes but like I said, those things don’t bother me at all.
This car is definitely technological marvel and not boring like German rivals. It’s quirky and so much fun to play with and gives me a smile when I was driving couple of hours.
Tomorrow I am gonna install all the accessories I purchased last month.
BTW, car did not came with mudguards or rear door PPF.

Oklahoma
MYP Red w/B&W interior

Update on May 26: Delivery location changed from my house in central Oklahoma to Kansas City at my request (vacation schedule conflict with the home delivery window). SA said it's scheduled to arrive in Kansas City on June 4th. Up until today my delivery window still stated June 10-19th (again, this accounted for being dropped off in Kansas City and then loaded on a truck to be delivered to Oklahoma).

Update given on June 2: Hi Ricky, we've just received an update that the Model Y assigned to your order will not make it to your delivery center. We are actively working with our factory team to build you a new Model Y as soon as possible. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience and will provide you with an update once we have a new Model Y assigned to your order.

Wierd. Did it fall off the truck?

Oklahoma
MYP Red w/B&W interior

My delivery window also got bumped two weeks to the right with no explanation, three days before the car was supposed to arrive. I got my VIN on May 24 and was anticipating delivery to my SC on June 4. Was yours coming from Austin by chance?

Yeah, I'm not sure what happened. I'm assuming it was damaged in transit or there was something terribly wrong with it that was discovered at the service center.

Surely they didn't pass it onto someone else, right? It's not like I postponed or cancelled a delivery or anything. All of my insurance and payment requirements are satisfied.
Scheit happens. I am sure it will all get straightened out for you! Sometimes it's all for the better! 👍🏻

MYLR - 7 Seater (Midnight silver) 19 inch, No hitch, Northern Virginia Area

-Ordered: 04/24 (original delivery window April-June)
-VIN: 05/18 (PF7869) - Delivery window changed to 05/31-06/08
-Delivery: 06/02

HW3

The advisor replied to my text ahead of time and told me it was HW3 so I had a heads up. Confirmed today at delivery. I have no complaints. I drove home with it on autopilot in 45 minutes stop and go traffic and it worked great. Didn't buy FSD or Enhanced. Sure....I was a little bummed it didn't have HW4 after all of the news articles and VIN tracking, but when I ordered I didn't even know what the heck HW3 was (let alone HW4). I'm a complete newb to Tesla. Happy to finally join the club!

Yeah, I'm not sure what happened. I'm assuming it was damaged in transit or there was something terribly wrong with it that was discovered at the service center.

Surely they didn't pass it onto someone else, right? It's not like I postponed or cancelled a delivery or anything. All of my insurance and payment requirements are satisfied.
Check the VIN in Carfax in a month or two and see if it shows up registered somewhere else

So my edd just got pushed back 2 weeks out. My OD was 04/07, I’m thinking all these rejection of HW3 MYLR are taking up spaces at the centers. So they don’t have as much space to make new inventory, because the old inventory is sitting there because of rejections. I’m betting either prices will drop or there will be a flooding of inventory put into existing inventory online within the next two weeks. It was Edd: 06/02-06/11 yesterday. And this what it is today.

Attachments

• 73BFED85-3938-4139-A519-DC04438BDBE0.jpeg
    73BFED85-3938-4139-A519-DC04438BDBE0.jpeg
    176.1 KB · Views: 110
Oklahoma
MYP Red w/B&W interior

Whoa! What did it do, fall off the truck or something? This sounds nefarious. Also it sounds as though you would then receive a new VIN if its an entirely different build.. let us know if when you take delivery the VIN tag appears wrinkly (peeled from the orig MYP and placed onto the newer build J/K).

So my edd just got pushed back 2 weeks out. My OD was 04/07, I’m thinking all these rejection of HW3 MYLR are taking up spaces at the centers. So they don’t have as much space to make new inventory, because the old inventory is sitting there because of rejections. I’m betting either prices will drop or there will be a flooding of inventory put into existing inventory online within the next two weeks. It was Edd: 06/02-06/11 yesterday. And this what it is today.
I don't think what happens on these forums (people rejecting due to hw3) is representative of the thousands per week tesla is selling in the US. I would wager that most buyers will not care about HW4 vs HW3 as the car drives/works the same. Coordinating trade-in, end of lease vehicles, financing etc most buyers need the vehicle when it arrives. According to this site ATM there are 119 new model y's in inventory across the entire US.

Whoa! What did it do, fall off the truck or something? This sounds nefarious. Also it sounds as though you would then receive a new VIN if its an entirely different build.. let us know if when you take delivery the VIN tag appears wrinkly (peeled from the orig MYP and placed onto the newer build J/K).

Ha yeah I wish I knew. They said I have to get a new one built. My app no longer shows a VIN, and my estimated delivery date shows June 2 - June 11. It's not even updating now.

It sucks because my wife and I are down to 1 car. My daughter has a car but she works during the summer. Even though my wife is a teacher and I work from home, it's still surprisingly inconvenient having only one vehicle between the two of us.

Got the text today saying my MY was on site so they let me go ahead and take delivery! HW3, Matrix headlights. I am fine with HW3 as I am sure there will always be some shiny new feature just around the corner and I am ready to enjoy the car now. Good luck to all of you still waiting!
New HW4 still lack of the HD radar, so it’s not gonna have any advantage when it comes to FSD. Full feature HE4 will be available for refresh model.