Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : April 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Changed order to Deep Blue Metallic with white interior. VIN assigned immediately as they had one in stock nearby. Will add hitch later which I guess is slightly more expensive.

VIN PF794xxx - hopefully HW4. Delivery appointment Thursday, June 1. Will confirm after.

For those who have gone through this and paid electronically, did you use Plaid or manually enter your account info? Any good reason for using one over the other?

Oklahoma
MYP Red w/B&W interior
OD: April 30
EDD: May 2023
EDD2 given on May 10: May 23 - June 20
EDD3 given on May 23: June 10 - June 19
VIN also provided on May 23
Oklahoma
MYP Red w/B&W interior
OD: April 30
EDD: May 2023
EDD2 given on May 10: May 23 - June 20
EDD3 given on May 23: June 10 - June 19
VIN also provided on May 23

Update on May 26: Delivery location changed from my house in central Oklahoma to Kansas City at my request (vacation schedule conflict with the home delivery window). SA said it's scheduled to arrive in Kansas City on June 4th. Up until today my delivery window still stated June 10-19th (again, this accounted for being dropped off in Kansas City and then loaded on a truck to be delivered to Oklahoma).

Update on May 28: Delivery window is completely gone. VIN remains unchanged.

OD: 4/22/23
VIN assigned: 5/10/23
Text/email to schedule delivery: 5/19/23

Delivery scheduled for 5/26/23.

My trade-in offer was originally set to expire on 5/25. I see now that it got changed to 6/1... whew!
Delivery of my MYP on Friday (5/26) went smoothly.

I was skeptical about the comfort suspension, but there is definitely a noticeable difference, for the better, between my 2021 MYLR (20” wheels) that I traded and the 2023 MYP. The tires on the MYP are Michelin all-seasons (which I was hoping for)!
IMG_8234.jpeg

MYLR5 - White/Black - 19" - Tow
OD: 4/26/23
EDD: Apr-Jun
Delivery Day 5/29/23

VIN: PF788###

Pickup day tomorrow. Really hoping it has HW4! Otherwise I feel kind of like I'm buying an iPhone 14 the week before the 15 comes out. If the VIN is any kind of indicator then I am in bubble territory. I will post when/if I pickup tomorrow. If HW4 I will include a couple camera photos.
Did you try analyzing your VIN like some other folks are doing ?

Did you try analyzing your VIN like some other folks are doing ?
I did try to the best of my limited ability. I did see a lower numbered VIN that claimed to get HW4 but I don't know if anyone knows how valid the VIN info is to getting HW4. Part of me wants to stop by where I pick up tomorrow but I will wait for tomorrow and hope for the best. Right now, if it has HW3 I'm leaning towards rolling it back into inventory and getting a new VIN. I know the next one could also have HW3. In a perfect world, it will have nice build quality and have HW4!

Welp my SA confirmed via text that my PF7893XX only has the AP3 option code meaning no HW4. I haven't even schedule delivery yet but went ahead and asked about switching to another VIN.
Got a response from my SA. Think I'm going to refuse my VIN since I already know my current one doesn't have HW4.

"We have not yet seen any Model Y vehicles arrive here with the HW4. You are able to refuse this VIN and place your account on hold for up to 2 weeks, however there is no guarantee that you would be rematched to a Model Y with HW4. We will inquire with our team to see if there specific timelines for that hardware to be on the Model Y vehicles coming out of production and let you know."

Finally was able to schedule delivery today. Got delivery messages for both cars at the same time. Assuming they must be on the same truck together! SA said they are scheduled to arrive on 6/6. Earliest delivery date available was 6/9 which is what I selected.

#1 MYLR 7/Silver/Black, 20”, Tow, EAP
OD 4/23
EDD1 May-Jun
EDD2 May 17 - Jun 14
EDD3 Jun 3 - Jun 30
EDD4 Jun 4 - Jun 13
EDD5 June 9
VIN 5/26

#2 MYLR 5/Black/Black, 19”, Tow, EAP
OD 4/23
EDD1 May-Jun
EDD2 May 26 - Jun 30
EDD3 Jun 2 - Jun 30
EDD4 Jun 5 - Jun 12
EDD5 June 9
VIN 5/22

Tesla Model Y HW4 info here.

Latest data from this date

Freemont making HW4 cars Since MAY24 seems (with random installations 2 weeks before found)

7SAYGDEE2PF789454 Has AP04 is present there

7SAYGDEE2PF789308 But this has still Ap3.2

So Freemont has switched to HW4.0 (AP04) Starting from ~May 24 and VIN >PF7894xx, as looks by now

Exception (1 VIN found from MAY10).

Austin still keeps making mostly AP3, with rarrrreee exception

Original