Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : April 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Model Y HW4 info here.

Latest data from this date

Freemont making HW4 cars Since MAY24 seems (with random installations 2 weeks before found)

7SAYGDEE2PF789454 Has AP04 is present there

7SAYGDEE2PF789308 But this has still Ap3.2

So Freemont has switched to HW4.0 (AP04) Starting from ~May 24 and VIN >PF7894xx, as looks by now

Exception (1 VIN found from MAY10).

Austin still keeps making mostly AP3, with rarrrreee exception

Original

Seems accurate. Mine was PF789327 before I got unassigned. Did not have HW4.

Mine is 7902xx, so hopefully I can validate the theory soon. In my app, my delivery window disappeared over 24 hours ago and is still not there. When I get on the website my delivery date says "TBD".

I'm not sure if that's a sign that my actual delivery date is approaching or what. My SA did say they show my car is expected to hit Kansas City on June 4th.

Took delivery yesterday. PF792XXX and came with HW4.

In case anyone was wondering and wanted proof

IMG_3453.jpeg

Cancelled my appointment today and had my MYLR5 unassigned. VIN: PF7884xx It was verified by the techs that it has HW3 so I did not have to drive there for nothing. Now I'm even more excited for my next delivery day as it will almost assuredly have HW4.
imo there is fairly high chance we can still get HW3. People get assigned with rejected VIN all the time probably more so for base models and popular config. Also, they may choose to get these people priority assigned with rejected VINs. Tesla can def pull off something like that.

Last edited:
Cancelled my appointment today and had my MYLR5 unassigned. VIN: PF7884xx It was verified by the techs that it has HW3 so I did not have to drive there for nothing. Now I'm even more excited for my next delivery day as it will almost assuredly have HW4.
What if you get hw3 again? Are you gonna reject again? I am gettin my MYP delivered coming Friday with HW3, to be honest with you I really don’t care because I am not gettin FSD, even if I get the FSD, I am pretty sure it will act just like HW4. I don’t think Musk will do something stupid to jeopardize his business with lots of potential lawsuits.

Hoping to get the message to pick a delivery date this week since my current delivery window is June 4 - June 13!

All this discussion about HW4 is interesting and I've been reading around to see if I'll get it (my VIN is PF7891XX out of Fremont) but I don't really care - I was happy to get the Y before any of this info came out and I had no expectation of getting new hardware at all. I have no plans to get FSD and don't expect that to change. Hell, my current SUV doesn't even have a back-up camera, navigation, or Bluetooth music streaming capability so the Y will be an enormous change as it is!

I talked to a friend recently who had a 2015 Model S. He's since upgraded to a newer S but he's regularly in touch with the person who has his old S and he says it's still going strong with a ~25 mile decrease in range in the 8 years since he bought it new. This went a long way to making me feel like my Y will last me a long time since I try to drive my cars until they're dead/too expensive to maintain over what they're worth. Whatever hardware I get will be fine - que sera, sera!

Reactions: Bucketz and gtae07
Hoping to get the message to pick a delivery date this week since my current delivery window is June 4 - June 13!

All this discussion about HW4 is interesting and I've been reading around to see if I'll get it (my VIN is PF7891XX out of Fremont) but I don't really care - I was happy to get the Y before any of this info came out and I had no expectation of getting new hardware at all. I have no plans to get FSD and don't expect that to change. Hell, my current SUV doesn't even have a back-up camera, navigation, or Bluetooth music streaming capability so the Y will be an enormous change as it is!

I talked to a friend recently who had a 2015 Model S. He's since upgraded to a newer S but he's regularly in touch with the person who has his old S and he says it's still going strong with a ~25 mile decrease in range in the 8 years since he bought it new. This went a long way to making me feel like my Y will last me a long time since I try to drive my cars until they're dead/too expensive to maintain over what they're worth. Whatever hardware I get will be fine - que sera, sera!
I aspire to be more like you lol.. very good outlook.. but in Cali, Teslas are EVERYWHERE... so knowing they potentially would have it and I don't would kill me haha.. not really but still... Tesla is just like Apple in that regard..

Reactions: Mrdrbot23

Great outlook but for people like us whi really want the HW4 can you check with your SA or call the customer center to confirm if you have HW4 ?

What if you get hw3 again? Are you gonna reject again? I am gettin my MYP delivered coming Friday with HW3, to be honest with you I really don’t care because I am not gettin FSD, even if I get the FSD, I am pretty sure it will act just like HW4. I don’t think Musk will do something stupid to jeopardize his business with lots of potential lawsuits.
I cannot reject it. I either accept it or cancel the order and lose my $250 deposit. I am hopeful they won't try to dump an older VIN on me as I was so close to the cutoff. My VIN was PF7884xx. I think there are enough people that don't know or don't care to soak up the remaining HW3 versions. That said, we will find out how it goes when my next VIN is assigned.

Reactions: Peppers4Peace
it is a tough call if its even worth $250 plus delay. not to mention it will be $750 loss for people who ordered before $500 price increase. By the time, we get the second vehicle, the price could go even higher. For that reason, most people will pick up the second vehicle regardless of hw3 or hw4 and they know that.

Thought about HW4 - my EDD for my first one is June 24 - 30 which means that I have a decent shot at HW4. We don't know why Tesla is changing to HW4, may make FSD better, may be less costly, availability of the equipment, etc. The computer is newer and we know about Moor's law. My phone and computers do everything well and they are several years old. Beta 11.4.2 shows that Tesla is getting better with FSD and will likely perfect it within the next 5 years. Then there is time required for approvals. By that time most of us will trade up for newer vehicle. Folks report that autopilot does a great job, except for a few reports of hard braking and maybe acceleration - better cameras and computers might help, but it is likely software related. HW4 - I hope I get it, but there are more important issues like build quality.

Reactions: pkmody