Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : April 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now how does that make sense? I ordered after you yet my VIN is lower than yours?!

Am I to get a rejected vehicle?

VINs get assigned as they are assembled and not as you order. Although my car was ordered before yours Tesla did not start assembling it until after yours hence why the higher VIN number.

My configuration is a MYLR5 Vanilla...my theory as I was waiting for my car was that my configuration was deprioritize until the end of the month so Tesla can assemble and ship off higher revenue configurations.

They call the "white" "Black and White Premium". The seats are white, but the backs are black, as I'm sure they are trying to avoid foot marks on the backs . . .

1685544150602.png

VINs get assigned as they are assembled and not as you order. Although my car was ordered before yours Tesla did not start assembling it until after yours hence why the higher VIN number.

My configuration is a MYLR5 Vanilla...my theory as I was waiting for my car was that my configuration was deprioritize until the end of the month so Tesla can assemble and ship off higher revenue configurations.
I can see that, but why include the latest HW4 with higher priced / revenue configurations?

Reactions: W R Carter
This wait is still killing me. Got a tightening of my delivery window this morning, changing it from June 4-June 13 to June 3-9. That must mean I'll get to schedule my delivery soon, right? Right???? :eek:
OMG posting here is clearly magic because I got the text asking me to schedule my delivery right after hitting the "post reply" button! Scheduled for June 5!

Picked up my MYP blue/white yesterday. Excellent delivery experience- shout out to Norfolk VA SC. Car is awesome, amazing how much FUD is online about various things that are non issues. Build quality is excellent, car is tight and quiet. Car rides surprisingly well - firm but no issues on at least my local roads.

My car came with Michelins which I was happy with. The text advisor said Pirellis.

Used 240 wh/mi on my 18 mile commute. Car is incredibly, almost unbelievably, efficient.
If your MYP isn't using 300 wh/mi+ you're not accelerating fast enough :p

I think my main dilemma is I ordered the black/white interior. My OD was 4/12. But I also think that as in the past they want to get as many cars delivered before the end of the quarter. My current ED is 6/7-6/30. No VIN yet. So I have to agree with Nosna here. I have to content myself is the longer it goes before I get a VIN the better the likelihood I will get HW4. My gut says the last half the month for me.

I have quick question: a few days ago, the Tesla app ask me "Make your final payment" Pay REMAINING BALANCE NOW TO AVOID DELAYS IN DELIVERY. I am not sure if I should click the start now or if I should wait till I pick up the car? BTW, I even haven't received the VIN number yet. (I apply loan from tesla app)

I have quick question: a few days ago, the Tesla app ask me "Make your final payment" Pay REMAINING BALANCE NOW TO AVOID DELAYS IN DELIVERY. I am not sure if I should click the start now or if I should wait till I pick up the car? BTW, I even haven't received the VIN number yet. (I apply loan from tesla app)
I added my ACH info to plaid in that section to confirm connection to my bank, and did NOT click pay now. I texted Tesla, and they indicated:
Hi Paul, you may wait until the time of pickup to submit the payment