Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP: Aug 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR
Metallic Grey
5 Seat - White interior
19 " Gemini wheels
OD: August 10
ODD: August - September
EDD1: August 10-17
EDD currently: August 13-20 (has changed daily)
VIN: 7SA
Fresno build, Savannah delivery.
All tasks completed day of order. Waiting to be notified to complete remaining pre delivery tasks.

Do they still send texts to let you know when your order has shipped? Also curious how long it took to schedule delivery if anyone else has had a quick moving order process similar to mine.
According to my local Tesla SA via text:

“Matt, once your Model Y is close to our location, you will receive a self scheduling text to pick a delivery date. Once you are scheduled, as it gets close to the day, you will receive the FSD paperwork.”

*fremont
MYLR
Metallic Grey
5 Seat - White interior
19 " Gemini wheels
All tasks completed day of order. Waiting to be notified to complete remaining pre delivery tasks.

Do they still send texts to let you know when your order has shipped? Also curious how long it took to schedule delivery if anyone else has had a quick moving order process similar to mine.

Greetings all!

MYLR
Midnight Silver
5 seat black
19" Gemini

OD: 8/10
ODD: Aug - Sep

Am I guaranteed a Fremont build (I live 15 miles north of the factory)? Would like the latest and greatest (Matrix & HW4)...

Will be replacing my trusty 2007 IS 250 (220k miles). Did consider the NX 350h, but now attracted to the Y after the price cuts, tax credit, and CA incentive.

Decided to pull the trigger after the free color change. Silver then Blue were my two choices to stand out from the thousands of white Ys in the Bay Area (haha), also saved $1000 (yay)
Assigned VIN today! (...F85xxx)
EDD: Aug 14-21

Reactions: mgeneczko
MYLR
Metallic Grey
5 Seat - White interior
19 " Gemini wheels

In the initial few days following my order, I received a few information texts from the delivery advisor to make sure I understood the process going forward. Since then all the communication has been via up-dated status in the App (financing, VIN #, delivery date, final payment, etc). The entire process, from initial order of a MYP to expected delivery (hopefully this Sat the 19th) has been about 2 weeks (8/5 to 8/19). The only communication exception was the FSD transfer form that was emailed by the advisor on 8/6.

Already updated to Aug 13 to 23 for a 1st Del date:

MYLR
Blue
5 Seat - Black
19 " Gemini wheels
OD: Aug 3
ODD: Aug-Sept
EDD: Aug 13 to 23
VIN: None
Well good news I got notified to schedule a pickup BUT going round and round with them because for some reason they only have times of 10am to 4pm next week during the day. I can't get off work and waiting to hear if they have an evening time they could "accommodate" me. This is sooooo stupid. I have to work. I can do it after work at like 6pm. Argh!!!!!!! This is for the Springfield NJ location.

MYLR
Red
5 Seat - Black
19 " Gemini wheels
No Tow
OD: 7/30
VIN: 8/01 Austin build
EDD1: 8/13-8/22
Pick up date set for 8/21
Trade in 2018 M3LR RWD. Initial trade in estimate $26,300. Final offer $25,600. (Carvana offer $24,650)

Had to text to ask for the FSD transfer. Emailed the form on the 9th and returned it the same day. Once I did they confirmed I was all set and they removed the FSD/$15,000 from the Y order.

Final trade in offer came 8/13. After accepting, the amount due in the app changed to a negative amount equal to the equity in the trade in. I texted them 8/14 and asked to get the equity applied to the new Y. Fairly quickly they took care of it and the app now shows the new loan amounts and amount due is now $0. Should be all set for delivery. Expecting HW4 will have to see if I luck out on matrix headlights.

Last edited:
MYLR
Blue
5 Seat - White
19" Gemini wheels
Tow
OD: 8/12

Same build is available in Inventory but a plane ticket there and 8 hours drive back. We’ll wait a few days/week and see what happens (if anything) on the order.

MYLR
Blue
5 Seat - White
19" Gemini wheels
Tow
OD: 8/12

Same build is available in Inventory but a plane ticket there and 8 hours drive back. We’ll wait a few days/week and see what happens (if anything) on the order.
I ordered the same car early August. Got VIN (Austin build) in a week and delivery this Wednesday. I would wait, you'll get it Late Aug or early Sept.

Assigned VIN today! (...F85xxx)
EDD: Aug 14-21
Recieved a text yesterday morning that my car has arrived on-site (assuming at my assigned Tesla location), and is requesting that I schedule the delivery appointment (available dates: 8/15 to 8/20).

In the app, I've completed Registration, Trade in (none), and Financing (selected self-arranged loan, no paperwork filled out yet).

Will the remaining delivery tasks be available after scheduling the delivery date? Or we fill out the paperwork at the sales center?

Thanks!

MYP
Red
5 Seat - Black
21’’ Überturbine Wheels
OD: Aug 8
EDD: Aug 15-24
VIN: Assigned on Aug 10 (Fremont built)

When signing the FSD transfer agreement I asked if he could look and see when it was built or born at the factory, and he said it was showing Aug 9th. I'm stunned at how quickly this has moved. Waiting to get my trade in finalized and then pick a date next week.
My delivery is scheduled for the 17th. I've been waiting for a trade-in offer on my Model 3 and finally got it today. My initial trade in estimate from the Tesla site was $22.7K back on 7/31. Today their final offer came in at $15.7K, a huge drop. Caravan offered me $23.4k and carmax was $25k. Needless to say, no trade in for me.

Last edited:
MYLR
MSM
White Interior
19" Wheels
5 Seats
OD: July 28, 2023
ODD: August - September 2023
EDD: August 14 - August 19
VIN: July 29, 2023
FSD Transfer paperwork: July 29

Scheduled pickup for 8/14 was told 8/13 that there’s a delay with no ETA.
Funds sent 8/12, withdrawn 8/15

Dude, where’s my car?

Recieved a text yesterday morning that my car has arrived on-site (assuming at my assigned Tesla location), and is requesting that I schedule the delivery appointment (available dates: 8/15 to 8/20).

In the app, I've completed Registration, Trade in (none), and Financing (selected self-arranged loan, no paperwork filled out yet).

Will the remaining delivery tasks be available after scheduling the delivery date? Or we fill out the paperwork at the sales center?

Thanks!
Everything is done from the app. They open up more things to do as the date gets closer. Fill out what's available and wait for the next task. Final paperwork (registration, contracts, trade-in, FSD transfer) happen the day before delivery.