Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP: July 2023 Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 7/30
EDD 8/5

Still waiting on a final trade in offer for my 2019 Model 3 to show up in the app. However I got an earlier estimate that is showing up in the finance section. Does this initial estimate typically hold true as the final offer?

This morning my account says payment complete with a -$20k balance but I haven’t changed anything as I’m still waiting on trade in offer and subtraction if the $15kFSD charge to finalize the loan application. What gives?

MYLR
Midnight Silver
19” Gemini Wheels
7 Seat - White/Black

First OD: July 11
First ODD: July-Aug
First EDD: N/A
First VIN: July 13

OD: July 13
ODD: July-Aug
EDD: July 25-Aug 8 (7/18), Aug 1-8 (7/19), Aug 1-9 (7/19) [please stop toying with us!]
VIN: July 18

Update: picked up Aug 1!!!!! :). 19 days since the order date.

Now onto the other threads for accessories, integrations, chargers, and all. I always consider everything as "ours", but as we were driving home, unprompted, my wife mentioned that this (the Tesla) will be "my" car and the other car will be "hers". I love my wife!

Getting kind of annoyed with the text message support. Currently, I am: awaiting a trade in offer, awaiting a delivery date. I asked:

"When do I have to make the final decision about trading in my current car to Tesla or not? Is it OK to accept the financing terms in the app now even though there's no trade in offer and we don't have final numbers? I will finance some portion of the car through Tesla, regardless of whether I decide to trade in or not."

I'm asking this because I don't understand if accepting the terms of financing means the down payment number is fixed — if I don't trade my car in through Tesla (and sell it to CarMax, say), I'll increase my down payment amount.

And I get a reply that says: "Complete your pre-delivery tasks for RN1195956xx in the Tesla app."

Very helpful...

Sounds like some of you who ordered a similar build the day before me already have delivery appointments.

Getting kind of annoyed with the text message support. Currently, I am: awaiting a trade in offer, awaiting a delivery date. I asked:

"When do I have to make the final decision about trading in my current car to Tesla or not? Is it OK to accept the financing terms in the app now even though there's no trade in offer and we don't have final numbers? I will finance some portion of the car through Tesla, regardless of whether I decide to trade in or not."

I'm asking this because I don't understand if accepting the terms of financing means the down payment number is fixed — if I don't trade my car in through Tesla (and sell it to CarMax, say), I'll increase my down payment amount.

And I get a reply that says: "Complete your pre-delivery tasks for RN1195956xx in the Tesla app."

Very helpful...

Sounds like some of you who ordered a similar build the day before me already have delivery appointments.
I’m in the same boat and got the same generic message. Trying again through email to see if I can get a more helpful response.

Very helpful...

You can make the decision on trading in your current car after they give you your final value. Mine came in way lower than their estimate, so I had it removed and sold it to an online dealer.

I accepted the terms on delivery day, after I inspected the vehicle. No need to do it earlier.

Just got my DD -- Aug 9, a day ahead of the first EDD. I still have heard nothing on the FSD transfer, which remains worrisome. Anyone having any luck with this or getting documents ahead of delivery? I'm not taking delivery without it being done to my satisfaction.
Things started moving a bit faster once I had a date scheduled. Seems they’re not bothering with transfers until about 1-3 days prior to delivery

Reactions: Injuryexpert
2023 Model Y Dual Motor Long Range Midnight Silver with Towing Package
Ordered: 07/21/2023
Delivered: 08/02/2023
FSD Transferred from my 2018 Model 3 LR RWD
I discovered that the FSD software will not work on new Model Y that has HW4 until a later software update. No date available.
I also discovered that separate $350 Homelink hardware must be purchased in order to link to my garage door opened. This came with my 2018 Model 3 but is no longer included. This hardware is currently out of stock and can't be ordered.

Just got my DD -- Aug 9, a day ahead of the first EDD. I still have heard nothing on the FSD transfer, which remains worrisome. Anyone having any luck with this or getting documents ahead of delivery? I'm not taking delivery without it being done to my satisfaction.
Yes, after my VIN was assigned I got a call from an Inside Tesla advisor from Nevada. She confirmed my email address and sent the documents over.

I have just ordered a new Model Y with FSD transfer and trade-in of my current Model 3. I did not want an inventory car specifically because of the risk that an inventory car might not have HW4. I am not financing the car purchase. However I expect to be out of town during delivery and through the end of the quarter when the FSD transfer program is active. Originally my Tesla advisor told me they can drop off the new car and pick up the old car from my home and I can confirm acceptance remotely via the mobile app. Now (after I put in the order), I am being told that delivery and pickup of old car require my physical presence and a manual signature-on-paper process.

Has anyone run into this issue and solved it? Do people have ideas for a workaround?

Reactions: Standroid
*UPDATE: I contacted the facility it’s being delivered to, and it was on the truck this morning. Delivery is scheduled for Wednesday, 8/2 at 11AM! I’m stoked!
**UPDATE 2: I took delivery of my MYP today and she’s perfect. No panel gaps, she came with floormats and the vehicle looks great overall. I couldn’t be happier! The HW4 cameras are pretty crisp!

Attachments

• 3C251A8C-DEC8-4182-8801-D480157A92EA.jpeg
    3C251A8C-DEC8-4182-8801-D480157A92EA.jpeg
    584 KB · Views: 79
Reactions: Krypton_EV