Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : June 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any of you that ordered a MYP thinking of changing out the wheels? I would prefer a smaller wheel with a square setup for tires. Plus, the roads around me aren’t great.

What’s your plan?
I already ordered new wheels (they get here Monday) and listed the Uberturbines on craigslist / offer up. Already have a prospective buyer even.

Going with Konig Ampliforms 20x9.5 (~22lbs) on 275/40/20 tires

(FYI this tire size has about the same sidewall height as an 18 or 19" tire, although BETTER comfort as the overall diameter is larger. And probably better aero as the tires fill the wheel well more... Oh and tires that wide are cheaper in a 20 vs a 19, go figure)

(Just trying to debunk the 18 or 19" wheel is more comfortable myth :p )

Reactions: Elektrick
I already ordered new wheels (they get here Monday) and listed the Uberturbines on craigslist / offer up. Already have a prospective buyer even.

Going with Konig Ampliforms 20x9.5 (~22lbs) on 275/40/20 tires

(FYI this tire size has about the same sidewall height as an 18 or 19" tire, although BETTER comfort as the overall diameter is larger. And probably better aero as the tires fill the wheel well more... Oh and tires that wide are cheaper in a 20 vs a 19, go figure)

(Just trying to debunk the 18 or 19" wheel is more comfortable myth :p )
Nice. How’s the price end up with buying the new set and selling the uberturbines?

Attachments

• 20230623_173736.jpg
    20230623_173736.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 106
MYP
Blue
5 Seat - Black
OD: June 7th
ODD: June - July
EDD: None
VIN: None

Haven’t had an update since ordering. I have seen multiple people get updates with more recent orders. I have completed all tasks except applying for financing because I don’t want the offer to expire before delivery. The SA has been no help. Would the lack of a finance application be delaying the progress? Appreciate any advice!

MYP
Blue
5 Seat - Black
OD: June 7th
EDD: None
VIN: None

Haven’t had an update since ordering. I have seen multiple people get updates with more recent orders. I have completed all tasks except applying for financing because I don’t want the offer to expire before delivery. The SA has been no help. Would the lack of a finance application be delaying the progress? Appreciate any advice!
Same here OD June 2nd. I have been following thread since then. My best guess is most MYPs are being sent to west coast. The ones who got them on east coast seem to be getting cancelled orders or rejects. An SA reached out to see if I would take a different MYP. When I said no thank you, they said to expect mine in July. No worries, I’m not in a rush

MYP
Blue
5 seat - Black
Tow
OD: June 5th
EDD: June - July
(EDD Update after contacting SA on 6/19/2023: Jul 3 - Jul 22)
VIN: Assigned June 15th PF811

Got the notice to schedule delivery today, 6/24. Delivery scheduled for the 28th. EDD has not been updated. Still says July 3 - July 22.

I had the weirdest dream last night. I dreamt that the SA came to my house with paperwork that said it wasn’t their fault that the front fascia fell off the car and they would “try” to fix it when I came to pick up on Tuesday. Hopefully this isn’t a sign of how things are going to go. 😅

MYP
Blue
5 seat - Black
Tow
OD: June 5th
EDD: June - July
(EDD Update after contacting SA on 6/19/2023: Jul 3 - Jul 22)
VIN: Assigned June 15th PF811

Got the notice to schedule delivery 6/24. Delivery scheduled for the 28th. EDD has not been updated. Still says July 3 - July 22.
EDD Updated to delivery time 6/25.

Morning of 6/25 got a message, "Hi, your Model Y is slightly delayed in transit and will not make it before your current scheduled delivery appointment on 6/28. We apologize for the inconvenience." Rescheduled for 6/29.

MY
Msm
5 seats
black interior
standard wheels
OD: 5 June 2023
ODD: June 27-30 (updates 6-14)
2nd ODD: July - Aug :-( (6-21)
3nd ODD: June 28-30 (6-23)
EDD: June 29
VIN: assign HW4

This process is infuriating. They won't hold the vin for 2 days....I need to pickup on or after July 1st or I'm leaving 3,000$ on the table from the Colorado tax rebate.

My options according to SA are pick up the car on the 29th or give up the vin and get back on line. I've been very happy with the process up to this point but this is just beyond ridiculous.

MY
Msm
5 seats
black interior
standard wheels
OD: 5 June 2023
ODD: June 27-30 (updates 6-14)
2nd ODD: July - Aug :-( (6-21)
3nd ODD: June 28-30 (6-23)
EDD: June 29
VIN: assign HW4

This process is infuriating. They won't hold the vin for 2 days....I need to pickup on or after July 1st or I'm leaving 3,000$ on the table from the Colorado tax rebate.

My options according to SA are pick up the car on the 29th or give up the vin and get back on line. I've been very happy with the process up to this point but this is just beyond ridiculous.
We're in the same place. I had to give up my VIN and place in line as I can't take delivery until July 1st. I'm bummed as I've been waiting since May 8th. I don't find it as unreasonable as you do though as Tesla doesn't want to sit on inventory they can easily sell and there is no promise or guarantee made of any specific VIN or delivery date.

We're in the same place. I had to give up my VIN and place in line as I can't take delivery until July 1st. I'm bummed as I've been waiting since May 8th. I don't find it as unreasonable as you do though as Tesla doesn't want to sit on inventory they can easily sell and there is no promise or guarantee made of any specific VIN or delivery date.
Yeah I get the business logistics. It just irks me they can't have the smallest amount of customer service and wait 48 hours. Oooof, I sound like a millennial wanting my participation trophy don't I lol.

Probably just gonna have to take the vin and leave the money on the table. Don't wanna risk getting someones rejected vin when I know this one is HW4. Maybe I'll get lucky and Co will be kind and give me the full rebate... unlikely but here's to hoping.

Yeah I get the business logistics. It just irks me they can't have the smallest amount of customer service and wait 48 hours. Oooof, I sound like a millennial wanting my participation trophy don't I lol.

Probably just gonna have to take the vin and leave the money on the table. Don't wanna risk getting someones rejected vin when I know this one is HW4. Maybe I'll get lucky and Co will be kind and give me the full rebate... unlikely but here's to hoping.
They will not, delivery date has to be July 1st or later to qualify for the $5k. Otherwise its $2k. Unless you need a car right away, if they give you a car you deal unacceptable at delivery time, then just reject it and reorder. That's $250. Model Y's aren't rare at all being the most popular car in the world so you likely get another new one within a few weeks.

Mornin folks. About to go pick up the MYP. Please send all your positive vibes that there aren't any EOQ bugs.

I got lucky last time with my M3P as it was near perfect. Please let that repeat itself haha.

For those who are ocd like me here's a good check list. (Credit to the original author)

Note: Even if you have taken delivery recently, there may be some things in the checklist that can point out some things. Ex. Trunk deep well water leakage etc... test things out and if need be create an appointment through your app asap to get things addressed.

Last edited:
Reactions: retbesla
MYLR
Deep Blue Metallic Paint
19" Gemini Wheels
5 Seat - Black
OD: June 17th

In North Florida. We are excited to see what we get!
Delivered on Friday, June 23rd.

Model Y was in superb condition and we are thrilled. The only thing I found was a microscopic bubble in the top glass. I did file a service request, but I don't think I'm going to ask for the glass to be replaced.

1687718495036.png