Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : June 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now I gotta review Driveway.com as well and use that to leverage with my local dealers. Thanks for that!

Just got my VIN# assigned literally 30mins ago and it appears to come with from Fremont, CA with HW4 and Matrix. Just needed to confirm that info. Next up, insurance policy.

New EDD: July 25-July31
Driveway.com is legit from what I read so if no one matches theirs, just take it. Only negative I heard about driveway is that they might be slow. Some people had checks clear the bank before they actually sent someone to pick up the vehicle though. Lol

Do you get a text when the VIN is assigned?

Driveway.com is legit from what I read so if no one matches theirs, just take it. Only negative I heard about driveway is that they might be slow. Some people had checks clear the bank before they actually sent someone to pick up the vehicle though. Lol

Do you get a text when the VIN is assigned?
Yes they text you like this

“Hi XXX, your VIN is assigned. Upload an insurance policy in the Tesla app now. We will message you again when it's time to schedule your delivery.

ts.la/app”

Reactions: TRDFRG
So I had gotten a vin assigned back on 6/28 and had pickup scheduled 6/30. Sadly had to give it up and go back into the queue since my SO was out of town and they wouldn't let me do the trade in without her physical presence.

Current EDD.... July 10-19

MYLR
Pearl White
20" Wheels
5 Seats
Black Int
OD: 6/23
ODD: June-July
VIN: 6/26
EDD: 7/8-7/18
Loc: IL
Was initially supposed to pick it up on Friday 7/7, but my slow check cashing bank had other ideas. Finally picked it up tonight. Only issue was a misaligned frunk. It was easily fixed by adjusting the bumper on the driver's side. We're loving it so far!
Crop Side Day 1.jpg

Question. I have an EDD of July 13-22. I have done everything but the insurance part of it because I don’t know what I want to do there and when I want to start insurance because I don’t want to pay for more days than I need to I guess.

Do you get an actual delivery date after the Estimated date and the. Go through the insurance part of it to match up times and schedule delivery?

Or am I holding up the process by not doing the insurance yet.

Question. I have an EDD of July 13-22. I have done everything but the insurance part of it because I don’t know what I want to do there and when I want to start insurance because I don’t want to pay for more days than I need to I guess.

Do you get an actual delivery date after the Estimated date and the. Go through the insurance part of it to match up times and schedule delivery?

Originally, I got my VIN within the EDD, but the date range kept changing. You're not holding up the process by not having insurance. Once they assign you a VIN you can get insurance.

If you have the VIN already, then you may be holding up the process. They should let you know that though.

Texas is kind of unique with the insurance. In most States, Tesla just wants to know that you have insurance and will accept proof of insurance for your other vehicles. In Texas, you must show that you have insurance specifically on the new Tesla VIN and that the insurance is good for at least 60 days before Tesla can get a temporary tag for you. So, they can't deliver the vehicle before securing the tag, which requires that insurance proof.

Here is the process spelled out:

https://tesla-cdn.thron.com/static/MFUJUS_texas-vehicle-pick-up-process_M77QKA.pdf?xseo=&response-content-disposition=inline%3Bfilename%3D%22texas-vehicle-pick-up-process.pdf%22

Reactions: fsb1
Originally, I got my VIN within the EDD, but the date range kept changing. You're not holding up the process by not having insurance. Once they assign you a VIN you can get insurance.
If you have the VIN already, then you may be holding up the process. They should let you know that though.

Texas is kind of unique with the insurance. In most States, Tesla just wants to know that you have insurance and will accept proof of insurance for your other vehicles. In Texas, you must show that you have insurance specifically on the new Tesla VIN and that the insurance is good for at least 60 days before Tesla can get a temporary tag for you. So, they can't deliver the vehicle before securing the tag, which requires that insurance proof.

Here is the process spelled out:

https://tesla-cdn.thron.com/static/MFUJUS_texas-vehicle-pick-up-process_M77QKA.pdf?xseo=&response-content-disposition=inline%3Bfilename%3D%22texas-vehicle-pick-up-process.pdf%22

Thanks. Yeah I saw Texas is weird with Tesla like that. I do have my VIN.

I just figured once I had an exact date then I I could time out my Insurance. Didn’t want to keep having it get pushed back and be paying for insurance for longer than I need.

Is Tesla Insurance something like normal insurance where if I got it now I could cancel it and switch to another provider?

I'm considering adding the tow hitch to my order. Does anyone know if that will affect my order schedule? I don't have a VIN assigned yet.
I don't think that anyone here can answer that. Tesla has a system or a method to filling orders, but it has not much to do with when you ordered. They don't do like other manufacturers and put you in line to have your car built. They build in batches, and if your order matches today's batch you may get it sooner than someone else who ordered before you. By adding the tow hitch, you may even get it sooner than you would have otherwise.

Reactions: King David
I don't think that anyone here can answer that. Tesla has a system or a method to filling orders, but it has not much to do with when you ordered. They don't do like other manufacturers and put you in line to have your car built. They build in batches, and if your order matches today's batch you may get it sooner than someone else who ordered before you. By adding the tow hitch, you may even get it sooner than you would have otherwise.

I texted my sales advisor. I'll see what he says.

I was leaning towards putting an aftermarket hitch on myself but then last night I read you can't access the tow option in the system unless it came from the factory with it. Plus, I'm not saving that much and just don't want to mess with installing it.

I texted my sales advisor. I'll see what he says.

I was leaning towards putting an aftermarket hitch on myself but then last night I read you can't access the tow option in the system unless it came from the factory with it. Plus, I'm not saving that much and just don't want to mess with installing it.
You can add the tow hitch at a Tesla service center after the vehicle arrives. It is $1300 and includes the wiring harness, labor, and all necessary software. So, it costs $300 more if you get it later on.

• Helpful
Reactions: CaptStealthy
You can add the tow hitch at a Tesla service center after the vehicle arrives. It is $1300 and includes the wiring harness, labor, and all necessary software. So, it costs $300 more if you get it later on.
Good to know! I ordered my car without the tow package, because I'm 99.9% sure I would never use it, lol. But if that changes, at least they give you the option to add it later.

My SA basically said the exact same thing you did. I went ahead and added the Tow Hitch to my order. So far, no change in my July 18 to Aug 1 EDD.

Reactions: Alonzo