Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : June 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR
MSM
5 seats
White and black interior
Induction wheels
Tow hitch
OD: 12 June 2023
ODD: June - July
Manufactured: June 2023
Actual DD: 24-June-23
VIN: PF801
HW4 + matrix headlights verified

Last edited:
Question about final payment. I went to my bank for a check, and they gave me and “Official Check”. It doesn’t say cashiers check or my name as the from.

It’s from Key Bank, my name as the remitter, and Citi Bank as the issuer. The bank signed the check, not me. Is this going to be ok?

Delivered on Friday, June 23rd.

Model Y was in superb condition and we are thrilled. The only thing I found was a microscopic bubble in the top glass. I did file a service request, but I don't think I'm going to ask for the glass to be replaced.

View attachment 950754
Congrats!!

Btw, I don’t think I did inspect the top glass, so I’m interested in how that Microscopic bubble looks like. I should check my car too. Thanks for sharing.

MY
Msm
5 seats
black interior
standard wheels
OD: 5 June 2023
ODD: June 27-30 (updates 6-14)
2nd ODD: July - Aug :-( (6-21)
3nd ODD: June 28-30 (6-23)
EDD: June 29
VIN: assign HW4

This process is infuriating. They won't hold the vin for 2 days....I need to pickup on or after July 1st or I'm leaving 3,000$ on the table from the Colorado tax rebate.

My options according to SA are pick up the car on the 29th or give up the vin and get back on line. I've been very happy with the process up to this point but this is just beyond ridiculous.
Yeah, I'm sure it has something to do with the EoQ push and Fiscal Q numbers. It sounds like somebody needs to talk with the delivery driver and hold up the Tesla drop by 48hrs 😉

Reactions: bsbllclown
EDD: June 26th
How close to your location are these inbound vehicles?

I’ve tried to order a few vehicles, but always run up against the msg that they aren’t available in my registration zip code. I’m in OKC, and one of the inventory cars that matches my custom order was in Denver. Another was in Alabama.

Does anyone else run into this issue? How do you place an order for these?

On June 7 I posted about the order I placed that day for a MY and delivery was to be June-July. Delivery is now set for 6-27. It will be joining our 2020 M3 and leaving us will be the 2019 Subaru Ascent. See the original post for more details, if you wish.

Yeah, I'm sure it has something to do with the EoQ push and Fiscal Q numbers. It sounds like somebody needs to talk with the delivery driver and hold up the Tesla drop by 48hrs 😉
I am in the same boat!
Lets find the delivery driver!
As per order agreement I have 3 days to take delivery, Does three days start from when i get the notification or 3 days from the scheduled delivery?
I would like to get the Colorado credit and I am also traveling and Tesla is adamant on not delaying delivery for 2 days.

Below is the verbiage from the order agreement
Delivery; Transfer of Title. If you are picking up your Vehicle in a state where we are licensed to sell the Vehicle, we will notify you of when we expect your Vehicle to be ready for delivery at your local Tesla Delivery Center, or other location as we may agree to. You agree to schedule and take delivery of your Vehicle within three (3) days of this date. If you do not respond to our notification or are unable to take delivery within the specified period, your Vehicle may be made available for sale to other customers.

Reactions: bsbllclown
Boy what a day. Awesome all around. Pulled up to the SC and saw the MYP just glowing in the Sun and as soon as the Wife saw it she was glowing as well.

I always bring the walk around check list with me, but I never end up using it. When you've been to the rodeo once, it's a walk in the park.

What's funny is that as some of you know we had ordered the MYP initially, then changed to the MYLR7, then at the 9th inning the Wife said, let's just get the MYP so we did. Long story short, I'm almost certain that this very MYP we picked up today was our original order lol.

Anyhow, the car was/is flawless*. Did a walk around, checked everything as usual from top to bottom. Perfect* as it gets with Tesla. No gaps, tight tolerances, panels lined up great, no paint defects, and everything in the interior was prime. My EOQ anxiety quickly diminished.

I think the 2023 models are more refined for sure with a noticeable difference in the suspension as well from the 2022. I've driven the 2022 MYP a lot and am very familiar with it. The 2023 suspension (MYP) handles bumps better and seems more compliant, even with the 21" Uber Heavy Wheels.

Although I knew that it was hw4, it was nice to see the Terminator Red Dot. The 5MP cameras are noticeably better than the flip phone 1.2MP ones on my 2022 M3P. It (hw4) looks like your looking at an image on your smart phone vs a 90s Nokia Flip Phone. I wish we could retro fit the cameras at the least on hw3 cars.

hw4 1.jpeg

hw4 2.jpeg
hw4 3.jpeg

Also to my surprise the MYP 21" Ubers were wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sport All Seasons?! I was assuming (pre-dissapointed lol) that they would come with Summer tires.

Michelin All Seasons.jpeg

I also like the new accordion style rear trunk cover. It's easy to fold and remove.

Accordion.jpeg

All in all, great day and we're so glad that the MYP came out perfect without issues.

Good luck to you all and enjoy your MY!

Last edited:
How close to your location are these inbound vehicles?

I’ve tried to order a few vehicles, but always run up against the msg that they aren’t available in my registration zip code. I’m in OKC, and one of the inventory cars that matches my custom order was in Denver. Another was in Alabama.

Does anyone else run into this issue? How do you place an order for these?
In my case the car I ordered was heading to another Tesla store about 20 miles away. This car must’ve just been built because it took a full 3 weeks for it to show up.

I am in the same boat!
Lets find the delivery driver!
As per order agreement I have 3 days to take delivery, Does three days start from when i get the notification or 3 days from the scheduled delivery?
I would like to get the Colorado credit and I am also traveling and Tesla is adamant on not delaying delivery for 2 days.

Below is the verbiage from the order agreement
Delivery; Transfer of Title. If you are picking up your Vehicle in a state where we are licensed to sell the Vehicle, we will notify you of when we expect your Vehicle to be ready for delivery at your local Tesla Delivery Center, or other location as we may agree to. You agree to schedule and take delivery of your Vehicle within three (3) days of this date. If you do not respond to our notification or are unable to take delivery within the specified period, your Vehicle may be made available for sale to other customers.
I kind of read that as we have to accept the scheduled time within 3 days of being given the option. Sadly, I would prefer it meant there was a 3 day window of flexibility but if that was the case I think they would have let me pick it up on the 1st. I'll ask my SA about it just in case though.

I kind of read that as we have to accept the scheduled time within 3 days of being given the option. Sadly, I would prefer it meant there was a 3 day window of flexibility but if that was the case I think they would have let me pick it up on the 1st. I'll ask my SA about it just in case though.
Everyone probably already knows this. But zero flexibility on those delivery dates. That 3 day comment is, you have to respond to the call/text and schedule within 3 days.

MYP
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
5 Seat - Black
Tow
OD: June 21st
EDD #1: 06/23 - 06/30 (I know this will change, but I wanted to keep you friends updated on progress)
VIN: N/A
MYP
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
5 Seat - Black
Tow
OD: June 21st
EDD #1: 06/23 - 06/30
EDD #2: 06/24 - 06/30
EDD #3: 06/25 - 06/30
*EDD #4: 06/26 - 06/30 (updated on 06/26)
VIN: N/A

*Looks like EDD is moving to the day I'm on with a 06/30 end range. We shall see what this means, lol.

Reactions: Elektrick