Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a message from Tesla, I am a bit confused. Does that mean my vehicle is not ready and I shouldn't go to pick it up today if I don't get the 2nd text? Since I need to drive about 1 1/2 hours to there, if it is not ready by today and the 2nd message never comes over this afternoon, I will just stay home...

//QUOTE//
Thank you for confirming your appointment!

You will receive 2 text message -
1st indicating vehicle is ALMOST ready, and
2nd indicating vehicle IS ready. Please WAIT for the SECOND Message before arriving to the showroom!

When you arrive, please check in with our staff at the main entrance or in our showroom, and an advisor will be available to assist you. If you have any questions prior to pick up, please feel free to reply here.

Congratulations, thank you, & welcome to the Tesla family! We look forward to seeing you soon!

//UNQUOTE//

We scored a free rear spoiler from Tesla service today! Wife took the car in to have them fix the paint chips on door edge and there was another customer there who got into a giant screaming argument with the manager she said she was afraid it was going to come to blows.
When they called her over to talk about our service call they offered her a free spoiler for the disruption!

I got a message from Tesla, I am a bit confused. Does that mean my vehicle is not ready and I shouldn't go to pick it up today if I don't get the 2nd text? Since I need to drive about 1 1/2 hours to there, if it is not ready by today and the 2nd message never comes over this afternoon, I will just stay home...

//QUOTE//
Thank you for confirming your appointment!

You will receive 2 text message -
1st indicating vehicle is ALMOST ready, and
2nd indicating vehicle IS ready. Please WAIT for the SECOND Message before arriving to the showroom!

When you arrive, please check in with our staff at the main entrance or in our showroom, and an advisor will be available to assist you. If you have any questions prior to pick up, please feel free to reply here.

Congratulations, thank you, & welcome to the Tesla family! We look forward to seeing you soon!

//UNQUOTE//
I haven’t received those texts yet as my delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. It may be moot now, but I would suggest going and if you don’t get the second text by the time you are there, grab a bite to eat or something and hope it comes in then. If it doesn’t, text them back and ask for an update. They have responded to my texts rather quickly. It sounds like they just don’t want you to arrive early as they need to prep for delivery.

I finally got mine around 6:45 pm today. I have to drive my Nissan Leaf from my home to the Fremont showroom. It was pretty crowded over there and took me about 5 minutes to have someone help me. But afterward, everything is at light speed! I think it took 5 minutes to finish all the paperwork and get the car. The SA over there were really nice and friendly!

I can finally get rid of the range anxiety of my Leaf and already planning a road trip!

Just got the post-delivery survey done. I used all the space to fill up my complaints and dissatisfactions about the ordering process and such anxiety/disorder caused by this time. I doubt that anyone in Tesla is really caring negative opinions.
When the day comes that Tesla builds more cars than they can sell, and you can go to their location and walk among many and pick the car you want to buy, then maybe Tesla will become more customer friendly. Right now, they don't have to be. They sell everything they build, people are waiting in line to buy the next one that rolls off the assembly line.

To me, Tesla has three real advantages. One is their charging network. Being able to guide you across country and knowing exactly where you'll stop to charge and when and how much battery you'll have left when you get there is a real advantage. Second is their software and gadgetry. Things like Sentry Mode, using cameras from everywhere, dash cam, controlling everything from an app, etc. are priceless and a real attraction to customers. The third advantage may be the best yet. Tesla's battery management is well advanced from all others.

However, Tesla has already started sharing the first. Others will soon catch up on the second and third. So, I predict that someday soon Tesla will have to address their poor customer relations, substandard fit and finish, and inferior paint quality.

I talked to a paint and body guy this week who's been in the business for 40 years. He said that Tesla's paint is the thinnest and softest he's ever seen. He says they don't use near enough clear coat. I've been driving my current Chevy for five years. I've seen and heard lot's of gravel and road debris hitting my vehicle, yet I don't have a single rock chip that's visible. Having to spend several thousand dollars for PPF to shield a new car that you just paid $55,000 for is ridiculous when Tesla could spend $30 or $40 more for material and build a decent paint job.

Right now, Tesla is on top and thriving. As long as we are willing to put up with rude and lying sales and service reps, shoddy construction, and indifferent service departments just to get the great technology, they won't change. But, their day is coming. :)

I have a base MY w/ 19" wheels on order and won't get it before today (EOM/EOQ) which is fine. Yesterday, Tesla SA offered my same setup but with the 20" wheels for free if I take delivery by today. I really prefer the 19" over the 20" due to the ride quality. Should I take delivery now or wait a week or two for my order?

I have a base MY w/ 19" wheels on order and won't get it before today (EOM/EOQ) which is fine. Yesterday, Tesla SA offered my same setup but with the 20" wheels for free if I take delivery by today. I really prefer the 19" over the 20" due to the ride quality. Should I take delivery now or wait a week or two for my order?
Wait. Get what you want. If it didn’t matter to you, then I’d say go for it. But it sounds like it does matter. You will own this car for a long while, get what you want. In the end, that week won’t seem like very long.

Reactions: Alonzo
I guess Tesla will see a huge delivery jump here in CO.

2023 MYLR White | Black | 5-Seat | Gemini |
OD May 18 2023
ODD Jun - Jul
EDD Jun 13 - Jun 30
Fremont VIN Assigned Jun 6
Order on Hold Jun 8
Hold Removed Jun 22
Austin VIN Assigned Jun 23
Austin VIN Released Jun 24
Fremont VIN Assigned Jun 30
EDD Jul 13 - Jul 19

Reactions: retbesla
I guess Tesla will see a huge delivery jump here in CO.

2023 MYLR White | Black | 5-Seat | Gemini |
OD May 18 2023
ODD Jun - Jul
EDD Jun 13 - Jun 30
Fremont VIN Assigned Jun 6
Order on Hold Jun 8
Hold Removed Jun 22
Austin VIN Assigned Jun 23
Austin VIN Released Jun 24
Fremont VIN Assigned Jun 30
EDD Jul 13 - Jul 19

What happened with the Austin VIN?

MYLR
White
19 inch Gemini's
5 Seat Black Interior
Tow Hitch
OD: May 8
ODD: June/July
EDD1: May 27-June 10
EDD2: June 4-June 10
EDD3: May 29-June 7
VIN1: May 22
Manufactured1: May 22 Fremont
DD1: June 5
Order placed on Hold: June 1
Hold Expired: June 15th
EDD4: June 29-30
VIN2: June 16th (PF807XXX)
Manufactured2: ??? Fremont
VIN2 Removed: June 20th
VIN3: June 22nd (Austin)
VIN3 Removed: June 23rd
Order placed on Hold Until July 1: June 23
VIN4: June 28 (Freemont)
Denver, CO

After pushing back multiple times to get July delivery, I'm scheduled to take delivery on Saturday July 1, the first date the enchanced Colorado tax credit is available. Fingers crossed its in great shape, have my money and inspection checklist ready.

MYLR
Red
5 Seat Black Interior
19" Gemini
OD: May 6
ODD: May-June
EDD: Jun 2 - Jun 30
EDD2: Jun 14 - Jun 28
EDD4: Jun 20 - Jun 30
EDD5: Jun 21 - June30
EDD6: Jul 06 - Jul 14
VIN: Jun 22 7SAYGDEE7PA145xxx

Couldn't stand it any longer..gave Tesla a call this morning, kept my impatience in check, and asked if there was something I had missed or if there was a glitch, since I've had my VIN so long and no DD.. the SA said "It's coming from Austin and has to be put on a train to the Portland area. It's itenerary is to be in Portland on the 9th.". The wait continues....

Reactions: retbesla