Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although I too have heard rumor such as this, I tend to disagree even if only on the merit of waitingforTesla.com and seeing daily just how many 89-LRAWD + count move through that site daily as compared to 71-MYAWD & 8-PAWD.
Based on just May alone, on average I’m lucky to see 2-4 PAWD listed as inventory anywhere & on Tesla site 0. It’s more that the Model Y is so in demand that they are making most of what people are up front purchasing, which is the LRAWD, then progressing to the lesser purchased MYAWD & Performance.
i ‘ve spent an inordinate amount of time looking at the March, April, and May waiting rooms. In almost EVERY case, the performance models are delivered in two to four weeks. For the MYLR, it’s closer to 1.5 to two months. Inventory is different from orders. 7 seat models similar to what I ordered are available In the west quite frequently, but I, like many, don’t want a 7 seat model Y.

Again, this is about “ORDERS”, NOT stock. LOOK AT THE WAITING ROOMS.

Where would I find this ?
In your GUI menu under Software (where you also see and manage software updates and notes), there may be an area under “Additional hardware information” or “Auto Pilot Hardware ver” on my Model S that is where it shows for me. I’ve also noted that inside the mobile app clear at the bottom under “Specs & Warranty” it lists all the hardware or config of your Tesla.

UPDATE: Got my VIN today. Of note, is everyone aware on how to check for quick delivery vehicles? Thought I'd share in case people are only using the app.

I was solely using the app for a while and very rarely did it show the option of quicker delivery vehicles on the app. If you click on the "manage" link under the RN number in the app it will take you to a web browser and show similar vehicles to what you ordered. This page changes throughout the day as Teslas roll off the line that I'm assuming were cancelled orders? A few days ago I updated my order to add a tow hitch. Then tonight as I went on to check what other vehicles were available, the exact specs from my original order (minus tow hitch) popped up. I added it and now have a VIN. Hoping for HW4. It is PF790...

MYLR
White
7 seat black interior
Induction wheels
No tow hitch
OD: May 14
EDD1: 5/19 - 5/25
EDD2: 5/26 - 6/9
EDD3: 6/1 - 6/15
VIN: 5/29/23
EDD4: 6/4 - 6/11

H
i ‘ve spent an inordinate amount of time looking at the March, April, and May waiting rooms. In almost EVERY case, the performance models are delivered in two to four weeks. For the MYLR, it’s closer to 1.5 to two months. Inventory is different from orders. 7 seat models similar to what I ordered are available In the west quite frequently, but I, like many, don’t want a 7 seat model Y.

Again, this is about “ORDERS”, NOT stock. LOOK AT THE WAITING ROOMS.
Hmmmm, I ordered my MYLR on the 20th and got my VIN on the 25th. Delivered 29th. That’s a total of 9 days from order to delivery. I’m not sure how that works since I’ve seen posts of people in LA still waiting. I know the east coast and out of country generally takes longer too.