Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In your GUI menu under Software (where you also see and manage software updates and notes), there may be an area under “Additional hardware information” or “Auto Pilot Hardware ver” on my Model S that is where it shows for me. I’ve also noted that inside the mobile app clear at the bottom under “Specs & Warranty” it lists all the hardware or config of your Tesla.
hmmmm, doesn’t say anything. Can’t find it anywhere where it specifically states HW4.

I don't have a delivery date for my car. It still shows June July . I want to trade in my existing car but I have not started the process on the app as all quotes it seems are valid only for 30 days . Question- does this mean that my profile is not complete?

Damn, would it be worth rejecting the delivery to get HW4? What are you going to do?
I'm picking it up Friday, so I'll know then. I've asked Tesla a couple of times if they can tell if it's HW3 or HW4, and they always respond "we don't comment on specific parts used in the car . . ." - I could call the service center, but since I'm taking it no matter what, I'll just wait and look for the indications that people have posted here.

MPY - MSM/Black/Tow

OD: 5/11
EDD1: June-July
EDD2: 5/30-6/13
EDD3: 6/7-6/14
VIN: 5/24

Almost certainly HW3. Currently weighing whether or not to release VIN in hopes of getting HW4.

Things to consider: (1) trade in value at Tesla currently higher than being quoted elsewhere (will likely need to pay more when new VIN comes in), (2) potential need to reapply for financing (need to check with CU on how long their loan offer is good), (3) traveling a decent portion of late June-early July and potentially unable to take delivery. Will most certainly not use FSD, but interested in potential HW4 improvements to AP, park distance, camera quality, etc. Also just generally feel like I should get the latest and greatest if buying new. So pretty torn right now!

The thing is, even if you get HW4 now, it doesn't mean all the new features speculated in HW4 will be implemented. With M3 already in the process of getting refreshed, Juniper for MY will likely be the one with the most changes, which might include new sensors that are not reported in the current HW4 MYs.

Reactions: pkmody
MPY - MSM/Black/Tow

OD: 5/11
EDD1: June-July
EDD2: 5/30-6/13
EDD3: 6/7-6/14
VIN: 5/24

Almost certainly HW3. Currently weighing whether or not to release VIN in hopes of getting HW4.

Things to consider: (1) trade in value at Tesla currently higher than being quoted elsewhere (will likely need to pay more when new VIN comes in), (2) potential need to reapply for financing (need to check with CU on how long their loan offer is good), (3) traveling a decent portion of late June-early July and potentially unable to take delivery. Will most certainly not use FSD, but interested in potential HW4 improvements to AP, park distance, camera quality, etc. Also just generally feel like I should get the latest and greatest if buying new. So pretty torn right now!
PA here also and I ordered same config on 5/4 without tow, only you already have a Vin from 5/24, what gives here Tesla?! - no trade and all cash should not be an issue as well.

I'm picking it up Friday, so I'll know then. I've asked Tesla a couple of times if they can tell if it's HW3 or HW4, and they always respond "we don't comment on specific parts used in the car . . ." - I could call the service center, but since I'm taking it no matter what, I'll just wait and look for the indications that people have posted here.
Is it your sales associate that won’t tell you? Is it the local service center that could verify or somewhere else?

Thanks for the reply!

Reactions: pkmody