Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my vin, tried to apply for Tesla financing, but it’s saying that the minimum down payment, 16k, which I assume comes from the trade in, considering the trade in value is still pending
I don’t owe close to that much on my car, but this is what they initially offered for it when I was estimating.
I’m in the green on my current car loan and have positive equity.

I’m not sure what’s the best course of action here

Anyway, i already submitted a loan app with USSFCU, as I recently became a member.

Anyone have any other recommendations?

MYP MSM/Black
Order date: 05/31/2023
EDD1: June - July
EDD2: 6/10 - 6/24
EDD3: June - July
EDD4: 6/17 - 6/30
EDD5: 6/18 - 6/30
EDD6: 6/23 - 6/30
Location - Las Vegas, NV

VIN assigned today 6/20

New EDD is June 21 - June 30
This morning I got the text to schedule my delivery as early as Thursday, June 22nd but I'm going to pick up my MYP over the weekend. I received my VIN yesterday. One thing to note is that my delivery center is only about 20 minutes away from Fremont. At least for people near the factories, it seems like once you get your VIN you'll be able to take delivery really soon after.

I had something similar and it showed the exact trade in value within a couple of days after that. When the trade in value is actually show, that is when they also show what equity I would have remaining after factoring in the payoff.
It happened to me as well. I got the Positive Trade In, 6-days after I submitted my Lease Trade-In Request. The number stayed like that for more than a-week.

Day-23: Submitted the request of the Lease Trade In.
Day-29: Positive Trade In value was added.
Day-37: Received VIN.
Day-38: Tesla requested to get more info from my lessor.
Day-39: Final Trade In Offer was provided, and the Trade In value was updated. Tesla will also buy out my final 2-months of the current lease.

Day-44: Scheduled the Delivery Date.
Day-50: Delivery. (This might be changed. It appears that my car is still on the way...)

Reactions: AbblePC and SatyaB
It happened to me as well. I got the Positive Trade In, 6-days after I submitted my Lease Trade-In Request. The number stayed like that for more than a-week.

Day-39: Final Trade In Offer was provided, and the Trade In value was updated. Tesla will also buy out my final 2-months of the current lease.

Day-50: Delivery. (This might be changed. It appears that my car is still on the way...)
May I ask who you were leasing your trade in through?

May I ask you if your final trade in value ( offered on day 39 ) is higher than the positive trade in value ( offered on day 29 ) ?

I’m trying to figure out if this difference is same as my current outstanding loan amount.

Thanks in advance.

May I ask who you were leasing your trade in through?
Mine is Mercedes (MBFS), which agrees Tesla to take over the existing lease when it's almost over. (However, Tesla currently doesn't allow MBFS or others to take over theirs.)

Many of brands/lessors allow Tesla to buyout/take-over the almost-ended lease. But, some others have restrictions on allowing active leases to be bought out, I believe there are 7 of them.

IMHO, the Tesla buyout price may not always be good. And, Tesla often "bait" when you try to run the initial trade-in estimate.

May I ask you if your final trade in value ( offered on day 39 ) is higher than the positive trade in value ( offered on day 29 ) ?

I’m trying to figure out if this difference is same as my current outstanding loan amount.

Thanks in advance.
I ran the Tesla's estimate for my possible lease trade-in, before ordering MYLR. The estimate was about $7K, higher than the Positive Trade In value, on Day-29. Plus, I also ran these on Day-29 when seeing the Positive Trade In value. Carmax was $2.3K higher than Tesla's. Vroom and Carvana were $500 less than Tesla's.

The final offer on Day-39 was the same as Day-29, however, it came with the final value - Negative Trade In value = $100. I guess - the total of the buyout quote my lessor provided (including 2-months lease payments), the profits Tesla wanted to have, and the processing fees Tesla needs to pay is around $100 higher than my Positive Trade In value.

Anyway, long story short, I accepted the offer. Paying $100 to save 2-months lease payments and get out of my 36-months lease earlier, and receiving the new MYLR are priceless. :)

Reactions: AbblePC
>7SAYGDEE3PA144826

WINNER! Born on 6/20 with HW4 and LED non-matrix 🎉
RD07 REAR DRIVE UNIT 4DU (RDU), corked, 840A, US/DE

Yea! The hdwr 4 was the main thing I was hoping for,I don't know if the rest is good or bad
Congrats!!

I also get the Austin build. Yes, I'm happy to get HW4, too. And, I know, if I order MYP, I probably already receive it a few weeks earlier, and might end up with HW3. That feeling would make me bad for 3-years.

However, be honest to you, I really want to get both - HW4 + matrix headlight. 😂

I ran the Tesla's estimate for my possible lease trade-in, before ordering MYLR. The estimate was about $7K, higher than the Positive Trade In value, on Day-29. Plus, I also ran these on Day-29 when seeing the Positive Trade In value. Carmax was $2.3K higher than Tesla's. Vroom and Carvana were $500 less than Tesla's.

The final offer on Day-39 was the same as Day-29, however, it came with the final value - Negative Trade In value = $100. I guess - the total of the buyout quote my lessor provided (including 2-months lease payments), the profits Tesla wanted to have, and the processing fees Tesla needs to pay is around $100 higher than my Positive Trade In value.

Anyway, long story short, I accepted the offer. Paying $100 to save 2-months lease payments and get out of my 36-months lease earlier, and receiving the new MYLR are priceless. :)
Thank you so much for the details. It helps a lot 😊👍