Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
oh wow, they allow you to put it on hold a 2nd time? at least you saved $250
That appears to be the case, it doesn't show the hold in the app though, but the VIN has disappeared. I did not ask for another hold on the order, I asked them to hold the vehicle for me until July 1, instead they offered to hold my order until July 1 and I accepted. In my case the difference between hold and reorder is $500 since the vehicle price increased $250 since i ordered and the order fee is $250. Not a lot of money, but $500 after tax dollars is not nothing to me either.

• Helpful
Reactions: GS-7
Is there any wiggle room in the 2 days? I am heading out of town until June 28, and don’t have a VIN yet, but expecting it soon. Want to pick up on the 29th or later. How big is the schedule your delivery window?
In my case it was 2 days, a saturday and a monday as the only options in their application. I got those options late on a thursday, so from having no vin to delivery date they provided was less than 2 full days.

Reactions: MP_in_EG
Does anyone know if Tesla will accept 'the check is in the mail' when picking up the car? My delivery day is scheduled for Sunday, but because someone took their time getting my MVPA the bank can't mail the check directly to them until Monday. There is an option to overnight it to my house so I'd have it in time, but I'd rather have it sent to them. Has anyone had to deal with that before? My financer (USSFCU) said she has heard from others that they may accept a photocopy of the check and the tracking number, but I haven't heard back from the text number to confirm that.
In case someone else is searching for this or has a similar question, text line confirmed that as long as I can show that they are sending the check to Tesla, and I can provide an image copy of the check and the tracking number then that will be sufficient to release the vehicle.

Reactions: dfielding
Does anyone know if Tesla will accept 'the check is in the mail' when picking up the car? My delivery day is scheduled for Sunday, but because someone took their time getting my MVPA the bank can't mail the check directly to them until Monday. There is an option to overnight it to my house so I'd have it in time, but I'd rather have it sent to them. Has anyone had to deal with that before? My financer (USSFCU) said she has heard from others that they may accept a photocopy of the check and the tracking number, but I haven't heard back from the text number to confirm that.
This is heavily discussed on this thread and the best financing thread .. I’ve even told a few people on this thread about it.. I used Ussfcu as well. They scanned me a copy of the check with the memo having my full name and rn number.. they also provide tracking… you can send all that info to whomever emailed you about your payment info to take delivery.. this will suffice.

Reactions: bcs127
Tuesday at 9:40 AMMYLR
White
19 inch Gemini's
5 Seat Black Interior
Tow Hitch
OD: May 8
ODD: June/July
EDD1: May 27-June 10
EDD2: June 4-June 10
EDD3: May 29-June 7
VIN1: May 22
Manufactured1: May 22 Fremont
DD1: June 5
Order placed on Hold: June 1
Hold Expired: June 15th
EDD4: June 29-30
VIN2: June 16th (PF807XXX)
Manufactured2: ??? Fremont
VIN2 Removed: June 20th
VIN3: June 22 (PA143XXX)
Order placed on Hold until July 1: June 23
VIN3 Removed: June 23
Denver, CO

Sigh. Car arrived ahead of schedule and Tesla refused to hold it for 6 more days until July 1 when I can take delivery. They put my order back on hold until July 1st. Bummer. Back to waiting. EDD remains at June 29-30 which is incongruent with the hold until July 1.
This whole process is interesting. Obviously, they want to make your delivery before the first so it can go on this quarter.

I have the same vehicle ordered as you, can't get a VIN. You've gotten two of them, then snatched away.

This whole process is interesting. Obviously, they want to make your delivery before the first so it can go on this quarter.

I have the same vehicle ordered as you, can't get a VIN. You've gotten two of them, then snatched away.
Its not entirely a predictable process for the buyer. There seem to be many, many ways it can go. Strangely, I've had 3 VINs so far. One VIN appeared on my account and the reddit guy couldn't look it up. After about 4 days that VIN disappeared, then 2 days after that another VIN appeared.

MYLR
White
5 Seat Black and Black Interior
No Tow
19" Gemini
OD: May 02
EDD: May-June
EDD 2: May 24-June 21
EDD 3: June 08-June 30
EDD 4: June 12-June 26
EDD 5: June 13-June 26
EDD 6: June 14-June 26
EDD 7: June 15-June 27
EDD 8: June 16-June 27
EDD 9: June 17-June 27
EDD 10: June 18-June 28
EDD 11: June 19-June 28
EDD 12: June 20-June 29
EDD 13: June 21-June 30
EDD 14: June 22-June 30
EDD 15: June 23-June 30
No Vin

My EDD date range shrinks each day!

MYLR
White
5 Seat Black and Black Interior
No Tow
19" Gemini
OD: May 02
EDD: May-June
EDD 2: May 24-June 21
EDD 3: June 08-June 30
EDD 4: June 12-June 26
EDD 5: June 13-June 26
EDD 6: June 14-June 26
EDD 7: June 15-June 27
EDD 8: June 16-June 27
EDD 9: June 17-June 27
EDD 10: June 18-June 28
EDD 11: June 19-June 28
EDD 12: June 20-June 29
EDD 13: June 21-June 30
EDD 14: June 22-June 30
EDD 15: June 23-June 30
No Vin

My EDD date range shrinks each day!
There is a white MYP available in Sac right now. All other specs are the same as yours.

Scheduled delivery for Wednesday! I had a 2 day window, but unfortunately work a 24 hour shift on Tuesday. I’m hoping it comes early and I can get it Monday. So excited.

MYLR
Red
7 Seat Black Interior
20" Induction
OD: May 30
ODD: May - June
EDD1: June 2- June 16
EDD2: June 13 - June 27
EDD3: updated 6/15: June 19-30 (then daily pushed out by a day)
VIN: 6/22
Final EDD 6/25-30.
DD: 6/28

Hold removed on my order after 14 days, immediately (within 12 hrs) got assigned a new VIN, this time from Austin. hoping it takes long enough transition for a July delivery, I know, we have a weird situation here in CO.

Full timeline in signature.

Hold removed on my order after 14 days, immediately (within 12 hrs) got assigned a new VIN, this time from Austin. hoping it takes long enough transition for a July delivery, I know, we have a weird situation here in CO.

Full timeline in signature.
Tesla wants Q2 deliveries they'll push for June, but hopefully you can drag it out, in CO I assume they'd understand that desire