Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When did a Tesla Advisor get assigned for everyone? I ordered over a week ago and I’ve heard nothing from Tesla. I keep seeing people referring to their SA and I’m just over here refreshing the app 10 times a day lol
My understanding is that when you get assigned a VIN, that is when a SA would be also assigned to you (if you didnt have one previously).

Only thing i've gotten from Tesla has been automated text / email reminders to finish pre delivery items.

When did a Tesla Advisor get assigned for everyone? I ordered over a week ago and I’ve heard nothing from Tesla. I keep seeing people referring to their SA and I’m just over here refreshing the app 10 times a day lol
My wife test drove a performance and the advisor Henry went above and beyond finding us a car once we placed our order. From order date to delivery was a week. He was able to find us a last minute cancellation on a car before it left Fremont to its destination. It was rerouted to us. Call your local Tesla dealer or demo center. The advisors can also push things through faster in the app checklist as well if something is kinda stuck and not completing. they see Available inventory a lot sooner than us which can make the difference in finding what you want

May 31st - June 28th still

I sort of regret not getting the 20's, and grabbing a set of Gemini's off secondary, but I'm worried if I change that now it'll bump me backward.

I'm trying to remain strong, because damn I want white interior, but there's a Blue/Black 7 seater on 20's local to me.... must... remain... team white interior...
Well I bit the bullet and chatted with my SA, changed to the Inductions. I noticed there are plenty of Gemini's available on FB marketplace, but finding Model Y inductions is hard, and usually expensive. He said it should have zero affect on my May 31 - June 28th date because the build hasn't even taken place. He did say that White Interior options are seeing an average of 60 days between OD and Delivery.

We will see :)

MYP
Blue
5 Seat White Interior
OD: May 15 (original order)
New OD: May 18 (swapped from MYLR to MYP)
ODD: June - July
EDD: June - July
VIN: Nope

Hopefully I don't get stuck in purgatory too long!
Well, you did get the white interior, and I'm starting to believe theres something to that causing delays. I know someone who ordered the day before me, the same spec from the same center except they got myp red/black and I got the myp red/white. They got their vin 2 days ago and a delivery date now before June. still no vin here, and certainly it could popup any minute with a very similar delivery date, so who knows.

The SA should have texted the number you provided and given you a generic welcome to the Tesla family message along with your reservation number. They don't formally introduce themselves, but the number that texted you is your SA.

Too bad there’s no way to track where our orders are once built. I think the SA’s may have a way to look, but would be kind of neat to see. (Although I suppose folks of a more nefarious disposition would like it too lol)

Or maybe I’m just too excited and impatient because I’m not scheduled to really hear anything for another week.🤬😄

Reactions: bubohoot
MYP
Blue
5 Seat White Interior
OD: May 15 (original order)
New OD: May 18 (swapped from MYLR to MYP)
ODD: June - July
EDD: June - July
VIN: Nope

Hopefully I don't get stuck in purgatory too long!
EDD just updated to 5/25 - 6/8!
1684533351526.png

Reactions: carcrazyguy
MYLR
Blue
7 Seat White Interior
19" Gemini Back to 20 inductions, curse you brain
OD: May 5
ODD: May - June
VIN: None

Now back to refreshing....

Well I just found one almost identical to my build, but with a Tow Hitch. It's just over the border in St. Louis, but when I typed in my Zip, it said it could be registered with no Transport fee... I'm through the moon excited right now, but I hope we're able to figure out how to get this thing up to Chicagoland. I paid the $250 to reserve it on the website because I didn't want it to get snatched. My other concern is the build date is 4/26, delivered on May 5th. It shows 30 miles on it, but on waitingfortesla it doesn't indicate it's a demo. Am I making a mistake?

Last edited:
Well I just found one almost identical to my build, but with a Tow Hitch. It's just over the border in St. Louis, but when I typed in my Zip, it said it could be registered with no Transport fee... I'm through the moon excited right now, but I hope we're able to figure out how to get this thing up to Chicagoland. I paid the $250 to reserve it on the website because I didn't want it to get snatched. My other concern is the build date is 4/26, delivered on May 5th. It shows 30 miles on it, but on waitingfortesla it doesn't indicate it's a demo. Is it possible I'm making a mistake?
Maybe someone rejected it for issues?