Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still no VIN, but Tesla gave me the trade-in quote in the app. Looks like Audi Financial is still trying to restrict third party buyouts. They are quoting Tesla $5k more on a buyout vs me selling it back to an Audi dealership. FYI for anyone trying to trade in an Audi lease to Tesla.
What made you want to go from the Audi to Tesla or better yet, what interests you the most about Tesla Ownership?

06/10 update
Vin received. EDD 6/29-6/30
Red
7 Seat Black Interior
19" Gemini
Tow Hitch
OD: May 27 (changed color from white to red May 31)
ODD: 31 May - 9 June
EDD1: 16 June - 30 June
EDD2: 29/30 June
VIN: updated 10 June

Looks like i may get the car earlier now

Red
7 Seat Black Interior
19" Gemini
Tow Hitch
OD: May 27 (changed color from white to red May 31)
ODD: 31 May - 9 June
EDD1: 16 June - 30 June
EDD2: 29/30 June
EDD3: 19-28 June
VIN: updated 10 June

Updated.

MYLR White/White, No Tow, 5-Seats, 19"
OD: 5/7/23
ODD: May - June
EDD1 (5/15 App): May 29 - June 26.
EDD2 (5/29 App): June 20 - June 30.
EDD3 (6/5 App): June 14 - June 28.
EDD4 (6/13 App): June 16 - June 23.
VIN (6/13 2 PM EDT via Email/App/Text): PA135xxx. Build Date: 6/12. HW4. No Matrix.

Mobile Connector - received on 5/17/23.

Lease Trade-In Offer -
5/30 App - Submitted and pending.
6/14 Email- Tesla requested additional info.
6/15 App - The final offer is provided.
This "real" offer is about $7K less than the original "Tesla Estimate", I ran the estimate on 4/25, 5/2, and 6/7.
Carmax is $2.3K higher than Tesla's.
Vroom's and Carvana's are $500 lower than Tesla's. (Another online vendor, I forgot the name, didn't even bother to provide me the quote.)
Now, Tesla App shows "Negative Trade In" for $100, and states "Your Net Trade-In Credit is the amount that is actually applied towards your new Tesla. This amount is the sum of the full trade-in offer minus any payoff amount or loans remaining on the trade-in vehicle."

QUESTION - Does anyone know how this work? Does this mean that I owe nothing to the lessor after paying this $100 to Tesla and bringing my leased car to Tesla? (If this is true, Tesla seems to use 95% of Lease-End-Purchase-Amount to buy out my car from the lessor.)

Car Insurance -
6/14 - Tesla texted to inform me that Proof of Insurance will be required 72 hours prior to my delivery.

Ok. Picked up the MYLR at 5:00pm at the Houston Gallery (Cypress). About 15 others with same time slot. They had all cars parked inside, (currently Houston is 1,000 degrees) after a quick orientation talk, the cars where programed to do their light show at the same time. Pretty cool. My biggest fears were panel gaps and lack of HW4. Both quickly dissolved. Car was in great shape no gaps that I could see, no paint issues. Has HW4. Didn't check headlights close, I'm just assuming no Matrix since it came out of Austin. Very pleased overall. Came home and started installing all the crap I bought while waiting a month for the car. Now I have to come up with reasons to drive. Oh we need bread? I'll go get it, you relax honey.
Did your MYLR come with mudflaps and ppf on the rear qtr panel in front of rear wheels?

Reactions: Sai Ko
MYLR
Blue
5 Seat Black Interior
19" Gemini
OD: May 1
EDD: June 1 - June 30 (on 05/14)
EDD2:June 11 - June 18(on 05/27)
EDD3:June 12 - June 19(on 06/12)
EDD4:June 13 - June 20(on 06/13)
EDD5:June 14 - June 21(on 06/14)
VIN: Assigned on 05/27
MYLR
Blue
5 Seat Black Interior
19" Gemini
OD: May 1
EDD: June 1 - June 30 (on 05/14)
EDD2:June 11 - June 18(on 05/27)
EDD3:June 12 - June 19(on 06/12)
EDD4:June 13 - June 20(on 06/13)
EDD5:June 14 - June 21(on 06/14)
EDD5:June 15 - June 22(on 06/15)
VIN: Assigned on 05/27

Took delivery of the wife’s MYP MSM/Black 21” Uberturbine in Mechanicsburg yesterday (a day early)! We already knew it was HW4 & Matrix thanks to Reddit.

View attachment 947233

View attachment 947234

Now for for some fun… Note what the reflection of the parking stall # shows on the tailgate.. is this an omen of sorts?

View attachment 947235

View attachment 947236
Exact same model and color inside and out I ordered this month! I have the VIN, Fremont build. How long from order to delivery for yours?

Exact same model and color inside and out I ordered this month! I have the VIN, Fremont build. How long from order to delivery for yours?
Order date 5/4/23 - delivery on 6/14 a day earlier than originally scheduled for the 15th.

Was constantly given accelerated delivery options, which we ignored while anxiously awaiting the specific config we ordered and Vin didn’t come until 6/1 - immediately uploaded insurance and made payment via ACH hoping to hurry delivery, yet still waited until 6/8 for delivery schedule email alert for which we set for the 15th and then later was given a choice on the 10th for delivery on the 14th. So from start to finish almost a month and a half.

Now installing the frunk automatic opener/closer and other accessories like rear media controller screen & floor/trunk mats etc. soon to schedule for Homelink garage opener like our Model S had built in.

The biggest accessory upgrade anticipation will be the auto frunk, it has been a game changer already on our model S as well.

Reactions: Cata