Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a fee for this, and do I need to set something up? I have never used Plaid ...
It is free just like debit card. You need user id and pw for your bank mobile app to log in to your bank account. The exact amount of money you have to pay (even you don’t need to enter) will be transferred (direct debit or electronic check) from your bank account to Tesla. It is so easy

You need user id and pw for your bank mobile app to log in to your bank account. The exact amount of money you have to pay (even you don’t need to enter) will be transferred (direct debit or electronic check) from your bank account to Tesla.

You input your routing and account number from your financial institution and when you’re ready, you click “pay”.

Well, these two methods are not the same. Which is accurate, or do they do it either way?

I would give my routing and account number to Tesla. Routing and account number gives them access to debit a single account (example: checking).

No way I would give anyone the login to my banking app. By logging into my banking app, they would access to my checking, savings, CD's, etc. That ain't gonna happen.

Thanks.

Well, these two methods are not the same. Which is accurate, or do they do it either way?

I would give my routing and account number to Tesla. Routing and account number gives them access to debit a single account (example: checking).

No way I would give anyone the login to my banking app. By logging into my banking app, they would access to my checking, savings, CD's, etc. That ain't gonna happen.

Thanks.
Plaid links your bank account to Tesla and Tesla will debit the required amount like the way you autopay your bills. You can link only one account with the help of plaid. It's your responsibility to make sure funds are available in that account.

Reactions: retbesla and TJ2000
Anyone else got pushed back this morning?

MYP MSM/Black
Order date: 05/31/2023
EDD1: June - July
EDD2: 6/10 - 6/24
EDD3: June - July

Location - Las Vegas, NV
Still no VIN 🥹

Attachments

• 6782C9CC-3A14-4B05-AD1E-7ACE15ED8D17.jpeg
    6782C9CC-3A14-4B05-AD1E-7ACE15ED8D17.jpeg
    515.2 KB · Views: 88

Thanks.
You have three options. You can choose one you feel comfortable… my choice was Plaid and I logged into my bank account, not Tesla.

Attachments

• IMG_4128.jpeg
    IMG_4128.jpeg
    168.7 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: retbesla and Alonzo

Thanks.
I personally would almost prefer the logging into the app approach, especially if it was me doing the logging in. I would just change the password afterwards. Maybe change it beforehand to something generic, and then after the transaction, change it back.
I am still not clear which way it is: routing and account number, or banking app login?

Reactions: TJ2000
MYLR: White/Black 19” No add on

OD: May 3
ODD: May - June
EDD: June 8 - June 30
EDD 2: June 12 - June 26
EDD 3: June 13 - June 26
EDD 4: June 14 - June 26
EDD 5: June 15 - June 27
EDD 6: June 16 - June 27
VIN: TBD
Bay Area

Do you guys think they’re gonna push me over to July?
EDD 7: June 17 - June 28
Bay Area

Anyone got some tricks to expedite this process. 🥺 screw range anxiety, I have delivery date anxiety. 😭

Bay Area

Anyone got some tricks to expedite this process. 🥺 screw range anxiety, I have delivery date anxiety. 😭
Same boat, it should be delivered by the end of the month as they want to fill their goals.

Reactions: nhuqt
For reference & pricing examples.. The auto frunk for my Model S was from Dr Tesla (Yahasun). They also have power frunks for Model Y, 3 & X in case you choose them over Hansshow or other brands below and they ship domestic from Fremont CA not China or South Vietnam.

For the Model Y counterparts:
Model Y Frunk opener/closer - Watch this video before you install the 2023 Model Y power frunk kit. Special note: be aware of various differences in year iterations and firmware upgrades. Use code DAD when ordering Hansshow for 15% discount.
If you wish to use their install services at Tes Studio, they are located in Tustin, CA & contact info is on their page.
EV Offer MY Electric Frunk
Hansshow MY Frunk
Yahasun MY 20-23 Frunk

Model Y Rear Entertainment Console - Kim Java YouTube video on installation. Use code Kim30 for $30 discount and updated revision model When ordering.
Hanshow rear console
TSPortline rear console - use KIM30 code.

I’ll update this post as I see changes in urls or pricing / order locations etc..
Is a Tesla power frunk install worth it in 2023

Updated.

MYLR White/White, No Tow, 5-Seats, 19"
OD: 5/7/23
EDD1 (5/15 App): May 29 - June 26.
EDD2 (5/29 App): June 20 - June 30.
EDD3 (6/5 App): June 14 - June 28.
EDD4 (6/13 App): June 16 - June 23.
VIN (6/13 2 PM EDT via Email/App/Text): PA135xxx. Build Date: 6/12. HW4. No Matrix.

Mobile Connector - received on 5/17/23.

Lease Trade-In Offer -
5/30 App - Submitted and pending.
6/14 Email- Tesla requested additional info.
6/15 App - The final offer is provided.
This "real" offer is about $7K less than the original "Tesla Estimate", I ran the estimate on 4/25, 5/2, and 6/7.
Carmax is $2.3K higher than Tesla's.
Vroom's and Carvana's are $500 lower than Tesla's. (Another online vendor, I forgot the name, didn't even bother to provide me the quote.)
Now, Tesla App shows "Negative Trade In" for $100, and states "Your Net Trade-In Credit is the amount that is actually applied towards your new Tesla. This amount is the sum of the full trade-in offer minus any payoff amount or loans remaining on the trade-in vehicle."

QUESTION - Does anyone know how this work? Does this mean that I owe nothing to the lessor after paying this $100 to Tesla and bringing my leased car to Tesla? (If this is true, Tesla seems to use 95% of Lease-End-Purchase-Amount to buy out my car from the lessor.)

Car Insurance -
6/14 - Tesla texted to inform me that Proof of Insurance will be required 72 hours prior to my delivery.

Updated.

Order of 2023 Tesla Model Y Long Range - MYLR White/White, No Tow, 5-Seats, 19".

OD: 5/7/23
EDD1 (5/15): May 29 - June 26.
EDD2 (5/29): June 20 - June 30.
EDD3 (6/5): June 14 - June 28.
EDD4 (6/13): June 16 - June 23.
EDD5 (6/17): June 21 - June 30.
VIN (6/13): PA135xxx. Build date: 6/12. HW4. Non-matrix.

Mobile Connector - received on 5/17/23.

Leased Trade-In - 5/30 - 6/16. Accepted the final offer on 6/16.

Insurance - 6/14 - received text to inform me that the proof of the insurance is needed, 72-hours prior to the delivery. 6/16 - submitted.

Make Your Final Payment - not sure if I should do this. Advisor replied that I don’t have to, and I can pay the certified check on the delivery date. And the additional fees for documents and the license plate may occur in the delivery date. However the wordings in App are really disturbing - “Pay remaining balance now to avoid delays in delivery. “

It is free just like debit card. You need user id and pw for your bank mobile app to log in to your bank account. The exact amount of money you have to pay (even you don’t need to enter) will be transferred (direct debit or electronic check) from your bank account to Tesla. It is so easy
Will the money be deducted right away after the setup? Or Tesla won’t take the money until the delivery date?

Thanks.

Bay Area

Wow. I see people getting a VIN a day or two after ordering. You must be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

• Disagree
Reactions: nhuqt