Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR
Midnight silver metallic
5 Seat Black Interior
19" Gemini
No tow

OD: May 30
EDD1: June-July
EDD2 (June 5): June 13 - June 27
VIN (June 13): PA139XXX
Scheduled delivery (June 13): June 17

We picked up our Model Y at the Cypress gallery in NW Houston on Friday. They told us there were 100 vehicles being picked up that day spread across 3 appointment times. They brought us all in to the well-lit air conditioned space where our vehicles were and had the cars do a coordinated light show before releasing us to find ours.

Our vehicle had 3 miles on the odometer and 86% battery when we got it, and confirmed HW4.

I was a little worried about build quality with this one being made in Austin and some of the stories I’ve read on this forum, so we did a thorough inspection when we picked up. We couldn’t find a single thing wrong with it, not a single scratch or visible misalignment. I did find what I thought was a rip in the material on the back surface of the back seat, but it turned out this is where the latch mechanism is for dropping down just the center section of the backseat, which I somehow didn’t even realize was a feature.

Overall a really positive experience, we were both very impressed by the build quality and by the final delivery process. We have been driving around and further inspecting this weekend, still no issues found.

Just wanted to post about our experience on here to give another positive example of when things go right to help balance things out!

I was a little worried about build quality with this one being made in Austin and some of the stories I’ve read on this forum, so we did a thorough inspection when we picked up. We couldn’t find a single thing wrong with it, not a single scratch or visible misalignment. I did find what I thought was a rip in the material on the back surface of the back seat

Thanks so much for the delivery summary. It seems like Cypress has their act together from the few reports I've read.

A couple of questions. Was the front license bracket furnished/installed and was the J1772 adapter included? Also, so they didn't object to you inspecting the interior before accepting delivery?

Thanks again.

Thanks so much for the delivery summary. It seems like Cypress has their act together from the few reports I've read.

A couple of questions. Was the front license bracket furnished/installed and was the J1772 adapter included? Also, so they didn't object to you inspecting the interior before accepting delivery?

Thanks again.
I thought the J1772 adapter is always included? Is it in the trunk or glove box?

Thanks again.
The front license plate bracket and the J1772 adapter were in the sub trunk when we received the car. The temporary license plate thing was taped to the back window.

We paid on the app 2 days before pickup because they said delivery might be delayed if not (not sure if it would have worked to wait until we were at Tesla, but maybe?). When we found our car (they had the names on a piece of paper inside each car) we were able to inspect the outside first but had to accept delivery on the app in order to get access to unlock the car. They did say you have 7 days or 100 miles to report any issues with the car and have it be considered “pre-delivery”. Lots of staff were milling around to answer questions and help with inspections.

Reactions: retbesla and Alonzo
UPDATE...

OD: May 28. 2023
EDD1: June-July 2023
EDD2: (updated 6/5/23): June 18 - June 30
EDD3: (updated 6/18/23): June 24-30
EDD4: TBD
VIN: Assigned 6/18/23!

Went through the app and provided proof of insurance and submitted final payoff... anyone know what the next steps are and usually how long it takes to be able to schedule delivery date from here?

My order details below for delivery to Charlotte, NC (live in SC)...
  • Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Solid Black Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch
OD: May 28. 2023
EDD1: June-July 2023
EDD2: (updated 6/5/23): June 18 - June 30
EDD3: TBD
EDD4: TBD
VIN: TBD

No updates for a while but hoping that I get an update in the next few days since my auto loan rate lock expires on June 26th!

Reactions: AbblePC
MYLR
Blue
5 Seat Black Interior
19" Gemini
OD: May 1
ODD: May - June
EDD: June 1 - June 30 (on 05/14)
EDD2:June 11 - June 18(on 05/27)
EDD3:June 12 - June 19(on 06/12)
EDD4:June 13 - June 20(on 06/13)
EDD5:June 14 - June 21(on 06/14)
EDD6:June 15 - June 22(on 06/15)
EDD7:June 16 - June 23(on 06/16)
VIN: Assigned on 05/27
:)
MYLR
Blue
5 Seat Black Interior
19" Gemini
OD: May 1
ODD: May - June
EDD: June 1 - June 30 (on 05/14)
EDD2:June 11 - June 18(on 05/27)
EDD3:June 12 - June 19(on 06/12)
EDD4:June 13 - June 20(on 06/13)
EDD5:June 14 - June 21(on 06/14)
EDD6:June 15 - June 22(on 06/15)
EDD7:June 16 - June 23(on 06/16)
EDD8:Scheduled for June 21(on 06/17)
VIN: Assigned on 05/27

Took the delivery of my MYLR Red/Black Interior 19in Gemini wheels.. at Tigard Oregon Service center on Saturday. We took about 1 hour to inspect the car thoroughly. Came with HW 4.0 and matrix headlights VIN PF803XXX. Surprisingly they came with front mud flaps. Also there is some ppf on rear doors. The car is amazing and already loving it. Its worth the wait.

had to accept delivery on the app in order to get access to unlock the car. They did say you have 7 days or 100 miles to report any issues with the car
That is so not right. I was assured by someone who claimed to be in Regional HQ in Colorado that you could inspect the inside before accepting. To quote him, "it would be stupid to expect someone to accept a $55K car without being able to look it over first".

The 7 day 100 mile rule doesn't help me. If I drive directly home from delivery, I'll have over 100 miles on the car.

Thanks for your response. Congratulations.

That is so not right. I was assured by someone who claimed to be in Regional HQ in Colorado that you could inspect the inside before accepting. To quote him, "it would be stupid to expect someone to accept a $55K car without being able to look it over first".

The 7 day 100 mile rule doesn't help me. If I drive directly home from delivery, I'll have over 100 miles on the car.

Thanks for your response. Congratulations.
Yeah I agree, definitely not the way it should be. Texas looks to be one of the few states where this is the case. It’s my understanding that it has to do with laws protecting car dealerships that makes it so that this has to be considered an “out of state transaction” (which I think is utterly ridiculous but that’s a conversation for another day). Below is from Tesla’s website:

“Note: Texas, New Mexico, Iowa and Michigan customers are required to submit final payment prior to scheduling their delivery appointment due to state restrictions.”

We decided that we definitely wanted the model that we bought and figured that any issues on arrival should be covered by warranty so we were willing to accept the risk 🤷‍♀️

The front license plate bracket and the J1772 adapter were in the sub trunk when we received the car. The temporary license plate thing was taped to the back window.

We paid on the app 2 days before pickup because they said delivery might be delayed if not (not sure if it would have worked to wait until we were at Tesla, but maybe?). When we found our car (they had the names on a piece of paper inside each car) we were able to inspect the outside first but had to accept delivery on the app in order to get access to unlock the car. They did say you have 7 days or 100 miles to report any issues with the car and have it be considered “pre-delivery”. Lots of staff were milling around to answer questions and help with inspections.
Great details. Thanks.

I saw many guys getting the delivery date scheduled right after the VIN was issued. I hadn’t heard any update since I got the VIN on 6/13.

Prior to the date I got VIN, I already completed all the tasks in the App, except Insurance, Trade-In Offer, and Final Payment. My final Trade-In Offer completed on 6/16, all the remaining 3 tasks were completed on the same day.

“delivery might be delayed” is truly happening to me. :(

I finally got my VIN today (they notified me via email and text) and got the pick up date arranged after a month of waiting. I got HW4 but no Matrix headlights. Excited 🤘
So i got into an insurance situation. I currently have Tesla Insurance for my Model 3 and added the new Model Y over the weekend as I scheduled an appointment to pick up. I set the policy to be effective as of 6/20 but when I go visit my policy it shows 6/26?! Have you guys ran into this situation before?