Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 949987
Received my VIN 20 hours ago and picked the car up just an hour ago in Fremont. I’m in LOVE with it already. Had 4 miles on it. No major issues. I was scheduled to pick it up tomorrow 6/23 at 4pm but got a text at 2pm today saying my vehicle is ready today if I want to come. So I left work early to go!! Looks like it’s HW4 with Matrix Headlights if I’m not mistaken. Goodluck to everyone else still waiting!
Did you get to inspect the interior and exterior prior to making final payment? And did you do final payment via the app or check?

Reactions: julia444
View attachment 949987
Received my VIN 20 hours ago and picked the car up just an hour ago in Fremont. I’m in LOVE with it already. Had 4 miles on it. No major issues. I was scheduled to pick it up tomorrow 6/23 at 4pm but got a text at 2pm today saying my vehicle is ready today if I want to come. So I left work early to go!! Looks like it’s HW4 with Matrix Headlights if I’m not mistaken. Goodluck to everyone else still waiting!
Congrats!! You received VIN late but got the car the soonest. I heard lots of deliveries in Fremont daily. Glad to know you are one of them! Enjoy.

It is HW4 and Matrix.

Reactions: julia444
Does anyone know how long does it take to ship the mobile charger? I did not expect it to schedule a delivery so soon.

MYP MSM/Black
Order date: 05/31/2023
EDD1: June - July
EDD2: 6/10 - 6/24
EDD3: June - July
EDD4: 6/17 - 6/30
EDD5: 6/18 - 6/30
EDD6: 6/23 - 6/30
VIN assigned 6/20
Scheduled Delivery 6/24

Location - Las Vegas, NV
We received our mobile charger in about a week 1/2.

Looking at all manufacturers adopting NACS I am not sure how superchargers will fare. I don't know if there would be any exclusivity with Tesla owners. If you see some supercharger stations in bay area it will be always busy and occupied
When Tesla does decide to share a SC in a specific area, it will only deem certain bays for other EV use and above that, the other EV’s will need to use the Tesla app to access the SC and pay a higher rate per KWh. Some SC may even have a “Magic Dock” with certain adapters for other EV brands that do not adopt fully over to NACS.

I see a lot of upcoming brand switches once other EV owners experience not only the SC network, but also experience interactions with Tesla owners while visiting the SC’s. “Stars upon Thars!”

Did you get to inspect the interior and exterior prior to making final payment? And did you do final payment via the app or check?
I did get to inspect it thoroughly inside and out. It didn’t seem like anyone cared how long you took. There’s no pressure. I paid for it as soon as I got there though when I checked it with the staff, but they did let me inspect the car prior to submitting the payment. I paid through the app, just had to log into my bank through the app and it was good to go. The whole payment process took no more than 2 minutes.

Reactions: Forata and retbesla
MYLR
White
19 inch Gemini's
5 Seat Black Interior
Tow Hitch
OD: May 8
ODD: June/July
EDD1: May 27-June 10
EDD2: June 4-June 10
EDD3: May 29-June 7
VIN1: May 22
Manufactured1: May 22 Fremont
DD1: June 5
Order placed on Hold: June 1
Hold Expired: June 15th
EDD4: June 29-30
VIN2: June 16th (PF807XXX)
Manufactured2: ??? Fremont
VIN2 Removed: June 20th
Denver, CO

Reddit guy was never able to look up the VIN, and as of this morning, the VIN has been removed from my account and it just says "Earlier Pickup Available" where the VIN used to be. Estimated delivery remains at June 29-30.
any updates of your car after the removal of the 2nd VIN?

Does anyone know if Tesla will accept 'the check is in the mail' when picking up the car? My delivery day is scheduled for Sunday, but because someone took their time getting my MVPA the bank can't mail the check directly to them until Monday. There is an option to overnight it to my house so I'd have it in time, but I'd rather have it sent to them. Has anyone had to deal with that before? My financer (USSFCU) said she has heard from others that they may accept a photocopy of the check and the tracking number, but I haven't heard back from the text number to confirm that.

Tuesday at 9:40 AMMYLR
White
19 inch Gemini's
5 Seat Black Interior
Tow Hitch
VIN3: June 22 (PA143XXX)
Order placed on Hold until July 1: June 23
VIN3 Removed: June 23
Denver, CO

Sigh. Car arrived ahead of schedule and Tesla refused to hold it for 6 more days until July 1 when I can take delivery. They put my order back on hold until July 1st. Bummer. Back to waiting. EDD remains at June 29-30 which is incongruent with the hold until July 1.

any updates of your car after the removal of the 2nd VIN?

White
19 inch Gemini's
5 Seat Black Interior
Tow Hitch
Denver, CO

Sigh. Car arrived ahead of schedule and Tesla refused to hold it for 6 more days until July 1 when I can take delivery. They put my order back on hold until July 1st. Bummer. Back to waiting. EDD remains at June 29-30 which is incongruent with the hold until July 1.
oh wow, they allow you to put it on hold a 2nd time? at least you saved $250

White
19 inch Gemini's
5 Seat Black Interior
Tow Hitch
Denver, CO

I'm also in Denver. How fast were they expecting you to pick it up?

Does anyone know if Tesla will accept 'the check is in the mail' when picking up the car? My delivery day is scheduled for Sunday, but because someone took their time getting my MVPA the bank can't mail the check directly to them until Monday. There is an option to overnight it to my house so I'd have it in time, but I'd rather have it sent to them. Has anyone had to deal with that before? My financer (USSFCU) said she has heard from others that they may accept a photocopy of the check and the tracking number, but I haven't heard back from the text number to confirm that.
In my case I financed thru a local credit union here and they handed the "blank" loan check to me and I had to fill in the Payee and the Vin number at the time of taking the delivery. On delivery day I told the delivery person that I am paying by loan check and also doing down payment. I had to setup Plaid account right there (on a Saturday) and it took 2-3 mins for me to do the down payment and pay the balance by loan check. They updated the MVPA to include the final amounts.

Today I learned that the road closure for the payment milling. OMG. I probably didn't pay attention to the notice outsides. So, I'm going to deal with the rain days and unpaved roads for a few days/weeks, then deal and worry about the new asphalt days later in my WHITE MYLR.